Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

I'm still shocked at people's teeny fish lists. -_-

One of the main reasons most of us haven't tried too many terrestrial animals and birds is because most taste like crap. There's a good reason that only a few typical animals are usually on the menu, apart from them being easy to raise in captivity: they taste pretty good.
Even less typical stuff like goat, duck, quail, goose etc isn't that great a meal.

well i know i dont have a big seafood list becuase im an inlander, or at least up until recently. i love sea food though,specialy the stuff that lurks around the bottom.if it crawls in muck, i'll eat it.id love to try all types of things though.
i want to have just a big smorgusbord sometime of just like all the fucked up things you see that one guy eat on the food network. i forgot what the show's called, but this big bald guy goes around the world trying all different plates of food form different places.spiders, bats, monk fish, insects, everything. i want a buffet like that. man that'd rule!

Posted at

i forgot what the show's called, but this big bald guy goes around the world trying all different plates of food form different places.spiders, bats, monk fish, insects, everything.
We should have that guy come over here and post his list.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

i forgot what the show's called, but this big bald guy goes around the world trying all different plates of food form different places.spiders, bats, monk fish, insects, everything.
We should have that guy come over here and post his list.

haha.that's probly be the end of the thread. we'd all be like "yeah well…..aw crap…"

Graz73
Graz73
Posted at

Has anyone else here eaten:

Gator
Conch
Langostino

Most of the other meats I've had have already been listed.

Posted at

Most of the other meats I've had have already been listed.
You can still list them anyways. Otherwise I'd just assume that you've eaten all of the animals previously listed. ^^

Koshou
Koshou
Posted at

-beef
-chicken
-pork
-shrimp (rarely)
-squid/octopus (rarely)
-venison (only once, but it was delicious.)
-fish sticks (when I was a kid.)

I'm uh… kind of a picky eater.

It's really hard to eat fish because every time I try I always end up imagining it when it was alive and staring at me with its COLD SOULLESS UNBLINKING EYEBALLS.

Posted at

hm, I'm surprised at how much actually tastes like chicken.

now,

Chicken,
Cow,
Sheep,
Duck,
Shrimp,
Fish,
Lobster,
Octopus,
Witchetty Grub (once),
Turkey,
Rabbit,
Snail,
Squid,

and PIT_FACE, it was Bizarre Foods, but Steve-O and Chris from Wildboyz could show us up too.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I've never eaten anything like chicken, apart from chicken. Not even other birds like duck, quail, turkey etc taste like chicken to me. Each have their own particular flavours…
No one is at all impressed by my crazy exploit :(
Is eating penis a matter of taste, sexuality, or both?

Posted at

I personally felt Duck tasted a bit like chicken.

I said "Tastes like chicken" in a cool-guy-from-hollywood voice.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Freeze-dried MRE meat
Food service Mystery meat (species cannot be determined under normal conditions)
Horse
Deer
Buffalo (I love bison/buffalo)
Goose (yuck)
Duck
Guineafowl
pheasant
squirrel
rabbit
cow (anyone ever have the USDA Grade B or C beef? It does exist and I've had it)
pig
chicken
shark (rubber!)
mahi-mahi
shrimp (I am not a shrimp, I am a KING PRAWN!)
scallops
lobster
salmon and other varieties of fish that I can't remember

Sysli
Sysli
Posted at

Let's see, what can I remember…

In attempted alphabetical order

- Boar (I seem to recall I liked it)
- Calamari
- Chicken
- Cod
- Cow
- Crab (don't know what kind, I've most likely eaten at least two different types)
- Duck
- Eel (love the taste of it, but we rarely get it, too expensive)
- Escargot (Snail in garlic butter. Disliked it, but I was just a kid)
- Herring
- Horse (Tastes great on white bread with a bit of butter)
- Kangaroo
- Lamb
- Langustine / Lobster (may be the same, I don't know)
- Oyster (with and without lemon juice, tasted like rubbery saltwater both times)
- Pigeon (I think)
- Pork
- Rabbit
- Salmon
- Shark (no idea what kind)
- Shrimp (At least two or three different kinds. At least)
- Spiders (at least according to science… Does it count if you're asleep?)
- Turkey (was not impressed, prefer duck)
- Whale (Or so I've been told)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

shark (rubber!)
This is another one I don't get. There are a WHoooooooooole lotta different sharks out there, way, way way different from each other than different types of cow for example. Sharks are as different from each other as sheep from cow or goat in terms of meat. So what kind of shark was it?

Gummy shark for example is delicious! But overfished now… :(
Bronze whaler is ok… not that marvellous. …and all the various other kinds that are local here. I dunno, reef sharks, bull sharks etc.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

shark (rubber!)
This is another one I don't get. There are a WHoooooooooole lotta different sharks out there, way, way way different from each other than different types of cow for example. Sharks are as different from each other as sheep from cow or goat in terms of meat. So what kind of shark was it?

Bronze whaler is ok… not that marvellous. …and all the various other kinds that are local here. I dunno, reef sharks, bull sharks etc.

I bet you'd love to chomp on some Greenland Shark. hehehe… ;)

Posted at

Pretty much only standard stuff here (plus one or two).
Chicken
Cow
Pig
Lamb
Turkey
Escargot (snail)
Scallop
Fish (Cod & Haddock. Also tried Kipper and sushi but found them both horrible.)
and (I think) duck.

I care about animals and animals' rights, but I figure, if the animal's going to be slaughtered for meat then they might as well be eaten by someone that appreciates them. Plus, we were made to be omnivores, so I'm an omnivore. (Well… more of a carnivore… I don't like greens.)

- Spiders (at least according to science… Does it count if you're asleep?)
Haha, very clever. I've heard that too–it's not a nice thought, is it? lol!

Posted at

There are a WHoooooooooole lotta different sharks out there, way, way way different from each other than different types of cow for example.
Because of that, I decided to update my list, one more time.
I bet you'd love to chomp on some Greenland Shark. hehehe… ;)
Doubt that (see previously posted video).

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

shark (rubber!)

In Central New Jersey you don't have a choice. We don't have reefs and clear blue ocean here to grow all varieties of shark so one is as good as another. It's in the fish section, get it and cook it. All I remember was that it was awful.

I had shark again in Hawai'i (again I didn't note the species but there was more variety in the Pacific) and it was much better.

I much prefer crab cakes and Mahi-mahi so you can keep the whole genus as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Everyone so far has just said "beef" why not insist they be specific about variety and cut? Brazilian cuts are better than American ones for example. English beef sucks.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

As of today I'm an 80% vegetarian. Only 80% because when I tried going all the way, I experienced an unusual weakness on the 3rd day of no meat intake.

And so, I only consume small amounts of meat and then I'm all fine and healthy. Its probably genetic or something that I do need a small amount of meat to keep healthy.

But anyway before my "conversion", I did eat the following animals.

- cow
- chicken
- duck
- turkey
- sheep
- pig
- fish
- dog
- cat

Yeah I'm not kidding on the dog and cat part. In the Philippines, that's supposedly illegal to serve in a restaurant but if you and your friends go out and hunt a stray dog and have it for dinner its all fine. Also, the cops seldom enforce the law on serving dog and cat as part of the menu.

Dog kinda tastes like pork.

And cat is really hard to tell if its ground up and put in your siopao.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I've only eaten the normal animals…chicken, fish, cows, etc. And calamari once, I think I mistook it for onion rings or something. I wasn't very happy about that.

I realized the other day that I've never had a hamburger, which is kind of weird.

As of today I'm an 80% vegetarian. Only 80% because when I tried going all the way, I experienced an unusual weakness on the 3rd day of no meat intake.

And so, I only consume small amounts of meat and then I'm all fine and healthy. Its probably genetic or something that I do need a small amount of meat to keep healthy.

It's more likely that you weren't watching what you ate closely enough, and weren't getting enough iron or something like that. I've found that's something I have to be pretty careful about.
Congrats on at least trying, though. It's a good thing to do.

Posted at

It's more likely that you weren't watching what you ate closely enough, and weren't getting enough iron or something like that. I've found that's something I have to be pretty careful about.
But Kyupol is a man, right? Men don't have to worry about iron deficiency but rather have to worry about too much iron buildup. The only way to loose iron is too bleed and since men don't have menstrual cycles they can only suffer iron deficiency if they're donating blood allot.

I'm guessing lack of protein? Is your diet lacking protein rich food? Stuff like beans and tofu?

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

But Kyupol is a man, right? Men don't have to worry about iron deficiency but rather have to worry about too much iron buildup. The only way to loose iron is too bleed and since men don't have menstrual cycles they can only suffer iron deficiency if they're donating blood allot.

I'm guessing lack of protein? Is your diet lacking protein rich food? Stuff like beans and tofu?

Oooh yeah…well, I think it's pretty clear no one should take my diet advice, haha!

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

And cat is really hard to tell if its ground up and put in your siopao.

I stay away from that stuff. I remember reading that some of the stuff from China ad the Philippines is stuffed with toxic ground up cardboard. x_x

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.