Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What are you giving you loved one on valentines?

Posted at

I'm drawing my girlfriend a picture of a rose, solely out of using shading, and hopefully (seeing as I completely forgot this weekend to get it) a thing of chocolate.

suzi
suzi
Posted at

I'm not doing anything for my Alex, since we give each other little things all year. <3 We don't need a particular day to prove or remind that we love each other.

He did write a poem for me, though, because he was overcome with feeling, and decided he couldn't wait until Valentine's day to give it to me since he poured his heart into it and stayed up deep into the night revising it so it showed his emotions as poignantly as possible. It's kind of…personal, but I think the message is universal and worth sharing with you guys:

Fuck Hallmark

:P

Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

Ha ha, aw man suzi, that post cracked me up!

I used to make a lot of personalized cards that I gave to my friends–you know, that whole "try to give a valentine to every person in the school" syndrome. But now I've sort of just been "eh" on the whole thing.

I've always been rather squeamish on the idea of "expressing your deepest dearest feelings for your lover in the sweetest, corniest, most public way possible!" A girl in my school had her boyfriend bring in his Babershop Quartet and sing to her during our lunch period. It was just so awkward having these grown men come into a high school to sing with a student for his girlfriend. Not to mention they had only been dating for a week. And presently broke up about two weeks later. That's just… not my cup of tea. Romantic, sure, but at the price of being horribly embarrassing.

I will probably just give them a nice phone call, since I can't actually go see them.

Posted at

I'm cooking Kim a nice shrimp dinner with cinnamon scented incense and some Dean Martin on the hifi. I also got her a glass rose.

Aeon
Aeon
Posted at

I'm single this Valentines day for the first time in four years.

I hope my roommates (they're a couple) go out for dinner or something romantic like that, give them some time without me tagging along. I'll probably just stay home and drink some beer, maybe watch some DVDs. No big.

kaminari
kaminari
Posted at

I may make a nice valentines themed drawing for him..

But from him, I'd like, just for once, for him to grab me suddenly and hold me close while he tells me he loves me. and a kiss would be nice, but just a little affirmation that he wants me.

*looks kinda sad*

Posted at

Well, we can't afford fancy presents or anything, but I'll probably draw him a nice picture, and we're going out to a lovely restaurant on Tuesday (since we don't want to brave Valentine's day itself! And besides, the 13th is right between the day we first got together, the 14th, and the day we've been married 6 months, the 12th. ^_^)

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I'd give him more encouragement… I'd give him slightly larger muscles… I'd give him a relaxed state of mind.

(*and btw I'm not gay… this isnt a gay lover im talking about… lol… GUESS WHO!!!*)

Posted at

I don't have a boyfriend, but I do have someone… But unfortunately, he's already taken. XD; Maybe I could give him something subtle, like a drawing or something… He always liked that. Maybe a drawing of a King of Fighters character. XD

Rydel6
Rydel6
Posted at

I gave mine herpes a few years back. Nothing like a gift that keeps giving! =P

Just joking…

The one I love is me and I'm going to buy myself a giant Chinese Food Buffet!!

Posted at

First time alone without my friends around for our anti vd-day party… Which is just drinking our jungle juice until we cant walk straight!
And yes I am alone one more time. But even if I had a boy toy I wouldn't celebrate it anyways unless we had jungle juice.

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

A blow job. Seriously, though. Not giving anyone a damn thing. Working all night, then maybe going to a bar.

Posted at

I will be trying to suppress my bitterness and anger long enough to buy myself some nice wine and food and cook myself a nice dinner for just me to have. >:[

Posted at

I'm getting myself half a bottle of gin, thank you.

WingNut
WingNut
Posted at

Its my one year anniversary with my girl, so we're hitting the town and going dancing.

Yeah, I said it. Dancing.

^-^

-W

Posted at

I don't care about valentie's day. in fact what i'm doing is beta-testing this new game that just came out. they choose me to be a beta-tester! :)

Posted at

Wow, didn't know so many people on here were single O.o

Posted at

Wow, didn't know so many people on here were single O.o

Dude, it's the internet. :P

I'm single, but this mostly because a) the only girls I know are rich, spoiled, selfish, and superficial, and b) I'm too shy to hold a conversation with a girl for more than two minutes.

I despise Valentine's Day anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

"Honey, it's Valentine's Day, aren't you going to give me something?"
"No."
"But don't you love me?"
"I love you enough to tell you to go out and get yourself your own damn present."
"I'm breaking up with you."
"Thank god."

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

Oh, I got plans to ask someone out. I'm a chickenshit when it comes to stuff like that, though, so I'll probably just play Starfox 64. Best. Game. Ever.

Posted at

I have a bag of pins to give to my boyfriend. Four of the Princess Bride persuasion, one of a rubbery NES controller, and one badass metal Decepticon insignia.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.