Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Fenn
Fenn
Posted at

I collect Hard Rock Cafe hats when I leave the state 'cause we don't have any HRC's in Seattle.

Seattle, of all places!
They can't build one there, because they'd have to tear down six Starbuck's to make enough space.

Posted at

I collect things out of dumpsters like candles and books and clothes.
Also incense.
aaaaaaand pieces of felt.

lucky7s76
lucky7s76
Posted at

I collect Hard Rock Cafe hats when I leave the state 'cause we don't have any HRC's in Seattle.

Seattle, of all places!
They can't build one there, because they'd have to tear down six Starbuck's to make enough space.

lol! That or they'd have it up for a while then tear it down and build more Starbucks on top of it.

Seriously, though, I think it's because of the EMP. I've never been, but I think they have food and rock memorabilia there.

ravacomics
ravacomics
Posted at

I used to collect keys from the houses I lived in growing up. I had over 20 on a big key ring…but I started to remind myself of a school janitor, jingling down the halls with every step, so I cut that out.

Now I collect books.

Posted at

What do I collect? Not much at the moment cause I'm always short on cash so I'm more likely to get rid of what I have already.

But assuming my financial situation gets better I'm returning to collecting graphic novels, strange/obscure/unpopular music (starting at visual kei, going through industrial/postindustrial, black metal, , fantasy/sf novels, horror novels, any books with lots of photos (for reference), odd movies, posters, toy cars, victorian dolls, toy soldiers, keychains, boots (high heels or platforms; hard to find my size though), gothic/fetish/punk/industrial clothes, and if I was rich… period gowns (starting somewhere in the middle ages up to victorian times), latex, made-to-fit corsets, interesting furniture… and more graphic novels/comics.

Also, if I was as rich as Bill Gates, I'd mirror the internet for my personal amusement, ha!

(although I don't think even he has enough money to do that)

djcoffman
djcoffman
Posted at

I like to collect ukuleles. I can't afford the REALLY expensive ones yet (1k and above) but yes… I collect the magical little things. After all, all you need is 4 strings and the truth!

Posted at

Useful old tools from garage sales, shovels, hammers, etc.

Oh, and Disney comics, Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge, not the mouse… don't like them much… pretty well any story done by Carl Barks and Don Rosa.

Used to collect Asterix but they went crap after Goscinny stopped writing.

ubernite
ubernite
Posted at

Frankenstein memorabilia… particularly of Karloff.
Comic Books… for the covers.
Art Books… love seeing the works without all that text and the process behind it.
Gothic/Industrial/Fetish postcards… since I design a fare share myself.

Posted at

Minicomics! I love minicomics! I also collect button-style pins and ticket stubs (movies, concerts, whatever.) Although it's not really intentional, I've been getting a lot of calenders lately too.

Salsicoruc
Salsicoruc
Posted at

I just started collecting stamps, since I keep all the cards people send me, so I had stamps postmarked in '92, and they're like tiny little art pieces, eh heh.

Also: Keys, coins, shiny rocks and wooden/ metal beads.

I'm like a magpie. Those collect shiny things right? I can't remember.

rabidmochi
rabidmochi
Posted at

When I was around 8, I used to have a collection of boogers.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.