Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I collect asian weapons. Those metal, pointy killer fans… a couple of sais, A Kantana dagger type and a fighting staff carved out of bamboo.

would be collecting more, but I'm saving up my money for other things.

I also collect something that's not quite as dramatic as my asian weapons collection… and that's pocky boxes and other japanese candy boxes.
I import a lot of things from Jlist and stuff like that. because I like to try out the different flavors we don't normally get, you see. And often I find the designs of the boxes very intersting, so I keep them.

imshard
imshard
Posted at

Books, star wars memorabilia, old computers their parts and accessories, stamps, rocks/minerals, and action figures. I have pack rat tendencies and force myself to throw all sorts of things away that I'd like to collect though.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

I forgot to mention that I like collecting "Art Of" books. Like The Art of Hercules, The Art of Spirited Away, The Art of Pirates of the Caribbean, or The Art of WoW: The Burning Crusade. A lot of these "Art Of" books are oversized and incredibly colorful, and can function as coffee table books. …Concept art gets the gears in my head spinning (and also makes me jealous for the incredible artists who do the art in those books…).

The Spectrum Contemporary Fantastic Art books are also incredible. I love looking through those when I need some artistic inspiraration.

…On a completely different note, I saw this photography book in the bookstore the other day and it looks really good: One Hundred Young Americans

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Dare I ask how do you get and collect cat whiskers?
I pluck them out with pliers from road kill… :P

Naw… cat's naturally lose them. I've had a few cats over the years, when I find a dropped whisker, I just add it to the rest… in a tiny little jar. lol!
There's a couple of bunny whiskers in there too.

Posted at

I'm a natural pack rat…I'll tend to collect things by default.

Heh, same here really. The masks and things are just what I collect on purpose.

It's really hard to throw things away, my house looked more like a junk yard than a place to live before I realised that I didn't need nor want three thousand used up rolls of sellotape.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

Ozone, please don't become crazy cat lady!
Please.

kitty17
kitty17
Posted at

Old drawings, including various doodles I did on the corners of my homework or notes.
Mangas
Zelda games but not all..yet
Leather string. I have various colors coiled up in a box, but I usually wear the black ones like bracelets.
I lost my pokemon card collection when I moved to where I live now…D:

Actually, I'm also a natural packrat. I have collections of junk that range from old batteries to computer wires, even old homework papers.
I used to always collect old tests and articles that I would get in Highschool, because I always figured they'd come in handy someday…like say a midterm or final. And they did X3

UltimaXG2
UltimaXG2
Posted at

I have drawers of stuff. My entire closet it full… Though I'm not sure if that's me being a packrat or me being lazy… Either way, it hasn't been thrown out…

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

I think I can safely say now, that DD is full of pack rats. @_@

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

Back in the 80's I use to collect rocks that caught my interest (quartz made a lot of it), fossils I'd find, and those tiny little kooshball things that never had a name. They were rubbery, small, colorful, and covered with little cilia-like protrusions. I thought they were cute and I called them hedgehog balls. Someone told me they were cat toys, but I've never seen any evidence of it.

lba
lba
Posted at

My collections include a large array of knives. Not a single one of them is a decorative blade. I won't waste space with something like that, that won't fulfill it's intended purpose.

About every drawing sketch I've done in the last 2 years taped to my wall above my desk.

A large collection of novelty items and oddities, such as and not limited to, a can of "dehydrated water" ( Just add water.), A foam cow with all the different cuts of meat on it, several mannequin hands, the re-assembled skeletons of a mouse and squirrel, a 10 year-old can of baby corn, etc.

I have a pretty large collection of Usagi Yojimbo comics and graphic novels in addition to the rest of my comic books.

My family also owns a couple old costumes from La Cage Au Faux ( Think I spelled that right.), 16 candles and Sands Of Iwo Jima.

My family is just plain weird to begin with though. Our mailbox is a metal chicken and our front door is painted in a cow pattern.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Please.
Too late :(

Eh, I only have one left right now though…

All these DD collectors of crap like old homework etc, I feel normal again now. Yay! We're all the same ^_^

…I have too many soes too fit in my cupboard now… including but not limited to; A pair of sailing shoes I painted in a cow pattern, black knee-length riding boots, various pairs of elastic sided boots, army boots, uggboots in different styles, chunky soled rubber New Rock shoes, and many more… hiking boots, sports shoes, office shoes, gardening boots…

I don't collect them, they just pile up. They're all good to wear for different things and none of them have warn out so I keep them all :)

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

Please.
Too late :(

Eh, I only have one left right now though…

All these DD collectors of crap like old homework etc, I feel normal again now. Yay! We're all the same ^_^

…I have too many soes too fit in my cupboard now… including but not limited to; A pair of sailing shoes I painted in a cow pattern, black knee-length riding boots, various pairs of elastic sided boots, army boots, uggboots in different styles, chunky soled rubber New Rock shoes, and many more… hiking boots, sports shoes, office shoes, gardening boots…

I don't collect them, they just pile up. They're all good to wear for different things and none of them have warn out so I keep them all :)

Oh no!
Ozone…you need to Spring Clean asap.
one cat left…with more positions to fill!

suzi
suzi
Posted at

Ah…besides my little conscious collections I mentioned earlier, I *can't* packrat as much as I want to, since I've moved from the house I lived in for 17 years to a smaller house (major downsizing), to a dorm room (even more downsizing). ;-;

fazz33
fazz33
Posted at

Collect? Old drawings, I have 3 full 100 page sketch books plus about 150 loose leaf sheets :)

I also have a really large amount of computers although they are not in my current residence, I have about 6-7 computers, ranging from pentium I to my current PC(about 1 year old).

Heh in general electronics.

Posted at

I collect books. >.> My shelves are bending beneath the weight of all sorts of books - fiction, non-fiction, art books, books published at the turn of the century that I bought simply because I love the elderly Swedish without standardised spelling, comic books and who knows what other kinds of books.

But no, seriously - I collect all sorts of stuff. I'm a bit of a packrat. Like fazz33, I collect old drawings - or, rather, keep them from getting lost in the chaos of stuff that is my room.

Also, odd and interesting antiques. I've got a pipe tobacco box, an old hip flask from Spain, a pocket watch from the 1920ies, a stovepipe hat from late 19th century and a waistcoat from the turn of the century (the last two belonged to my great grandfather) and a wood-and-brass barometer (which still works.)

Lately, I collect all sorts of knick-knacks - beads and bracelets and chains and old keys and cogs and whatnot - with the intention of one day putting them together and making something neat out of them.

Looking at the posts above me, I think it's safe to say that we're a board full of packrats. :)

Posted at

I'm thinking of tying all my junk to a backpack and being the old junk yard witch from Dark Crystal for Halloween this year.

I've also got a drawer full of drawings people made in our Life Drawings classes which they abandoned, and a few plasticine models we made in a workshop session with Nick Roberson are recent additions to my shelves. I'd take pictures, but I don't have a camera.

Posted at

Our mailbox is a metal chicken and our front door is painted in a cow pattern.

Quirky!

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

Video games. I've got PILES of those things, from the Atari 2600 to 360, Wii, and PS3. I haven't even counted lately, but I'm sure the count's reached over 300, possibly 400 by now.

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

Old time comicbook's, I've got the first few issues of Superman, Batman, Fantastic Four, and a whole series on the Green Lantern the exact dates they came out (25 cents stickers are still on them). Also, I have stacks of Spiderman comics ranging from the Green Goblin series, She-Venom, regular Venom, Rhino, and plenty more!

Ailorn
Ailorn
Posted at

I really need to go back to my parent's house and throw out all my old junk in my old closet… I just cant stand to throw things out…

I collect Manga, and Anime! Currently i have more anime than i know what to do with, and have a lot of catching up to do… I also collect fantasy novels… Need more. Hrmmm Also i have all my notes from just about every class since first year undergrad… Must through out everything except grad notes…

Ooo i'm also collecting naughty outfits! Ive only got a school girl outfit, with the knee high socks… maybe a "professional" outfit if you count my business suit… i need to think of other things… REALY want a French maid outfit.. but i don't wanna buy some low quality thing at a naughty store…

D0m
D0m
Posted at

I like collecting movie ticket stubs sometimes, and comic books. :)

lucky7s76
lucky7s76
Posted at

I collect Hard Rock Cafe hats when I leave the state 'cause we don't have any HRC's in Seattle.

Seattle, of all places!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.