Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

This is a fun thread! ^-^

Not really, it made me realize that I have no hope of a relationship….

Posted at

hmm… let's see…

-Not a must, but I love video games, comics, movies, and teh internets in general, so it'd be nice if they liked it too. Otherwise I dunno what we'd do together while just hanging out.
-Must love zombies.
-I love hanging out. Not doing anything but just playing video games or watching movies or just bullshitting. It'd be nice if they liked it too.
-Has a passion. I don't care what he's passionate about, but there's got to be some fire there for something.
-Easy going. I don't wanna control the relationship, but I don't wanna be controlled either.
-Smart, clever, and over all very witty. Wittyness is sexy.
-Able to joke back at me and with me.
-Likes to talk. I enjoy it when guys can talk for some reason. Although it'd be nice if he could listen too.
-Laughs easy. This is the only must.

…long list.

Posted at

What do I look for in a feminine homo?

-knowledge
-an easy-going personality
-someone who likes to… uh… do stuff. Yeah, let's go with that.
-someone who has intrests like mine
-being attractive is a must for a girl I'm looking for
-be a girl (duh)
-a girl who won't CHEAT on me
-someone who isn't a huge Pokemon addict (don't let my avatar fool you; if it wasn't for Pica, I would have lost intrest by now). Can be a moderate fan, like me, but not someone who lives on it. Sorry I can't type out Pokemon like I'm supposed to, with the little line over it, but this form won't let me put it up without it coming out right.

It's too bad I'm too shy to ask a girl out… I hate myself for that.

isukun
isukun
Posted at

Zac's list sounds about right for me (except for the same size jeans bit). Beggars can't be choosers, though, so just about any female who says "yes" when I ask them out would be fine by me at this point. I don't see that happening anytime soon, though.

Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

Heh, this is a pretty interesting thread. It's cool to see everyone else's tastes. Let's see, what I look for in a guy is:

Be on the same wavelength. It's nice if he can have a similar thought-process that I do so he can follow along with how I think.

Mature. This doesn't mean he has to be older, but he just can't be like, "LOL BOOBZ" all the time. C'mon now. Grow up a little bit, please? I don't mind him being silly sometimes, though. I don't really like the whole "tough love" thing. If he wants me to stick around he should be nice to me. I don't mind if he pokes fun at me every once in a while, but being rude and mean to get attention from me is not attractive.

Intelligence. He has to be smart. He's got to be willing to have pretty deep conversations with me at times.

Witty and has a great sense of humor. I love guys who are silly and have better comebacks than, "Well, your mom… etc." He's got to be able to tolerate my weird sense of humor as well.

Devoted. I'm definitely not high maintenance, but heck, he needs to show he cares every once in a while! Just a simple phone call every once in a while would be nice. Doing nice little sweet things when I don't expect them is a major plus.

Loyal. I don't tolerate cheating at all.

Self-Confident. It doesn't mean he has to be sure of himself 100% of the time, but he needs to know who he is. And it helps that he's not embarrassed to hold hands in public, or things like that.

Creative. Either an artist or a writer or a musician, or all three for bonus points.

Cute, but not overly-good looking. Honestly? People like Brad Pitt and Jude Law and all those "extremely hott" men get boring to look at! He needs to be cute but still normal-person-looking at the same time.

Just plain awesome. Seriously.

Posted at

i guess that leaves my "brad pitt looks" out
hehe

WingNut
WingNut
Posted at

There goes my "Brendan Frasier" angle too. ;D

-W

Posted at

But my "skinnier Kevin Smith" might be right on target :P

Posted at

hmm… let's see…

-Not a must, but I love video games, comics, movies, and teh internets in general, so it'd be nice if they liked it too. Otherwise I dunno what we'd do together while just hanging out.
-Must love zombies.
-I love hanging out. Not doing anything but just playing video games or watching movies or just bullshitting. It'd be nice if they liked it too.
-Has a passion. I don't care what he's passionate about, but there's got to be some fire there for something.
-Easy going. I don't wanna control the relationship, but I don't wanna be controlled either.

so no bondage? eh? check!

Posted at

I'd tell you guys to make some sort of single and ready to mingle on DD thread but that'd be nothing but a huge sausagefest filled with awkward internet hook-ups with guys claiming to be girls or something.

Anyway if there was a boy version of me, I'd totally date me.

Posted at

i think there's a fair share ammount of sexes in DD (to my surprise)
it's a pretty diverse demographic

but i doubt a "hook up" thread would garner much hooking up

big fish: that's like dating yer twin ewwwwwwwwww

alejkhan
alejkhan
Posted at

Hmmm…I haven't articulated what I'm looking for in a mate in a long time. Most of these go for any friend:

- Must be able to enjoy really, really bad movies and appreciate them for how bad they are.
- Preferably spiritual/open minded about the universe rather than "religious".
- Dark sense of humor (kinda goes along with the bad movies one).
- Reliable and self-reliant.
- Patient and laid back where appropriate.
- Respectful of people and property, empathetic/sympathetic to others (this includes not being homophobic or pro-life)
- Mental and physical fortitude
- All the kinds of intelligence.
- Adventurous and able to convince me to be adventurous, too, while still accomodating my irrational fears and medical conditions.
- Must like comics and anime.
- Appreciates history, culture, arts, literature and science.
- Has an imagination.
- Knows when to be mature.
- Though "men may prefer blondes", I'm a fan of the tall, dark and handsome.

That's definitely not all, but I'm too tired to write anymore.

Posted at

Not at all. I met one at school in Michigan. I met one at a fest in Germany and met the last one at a Regimental Ball in Kentucky.

Universally women love to cheat on me.
Oh two of them cheated on me while i was in Iraq. Thats like double the bitch.

that sucks. I think the fact that you're an soldier for some reason there's some women out there that doesn't seem to respect soldiers as human beings.
"I could screw around with other guys while he's at war! he'd never know right? So I could get away with it…"

I think the best thing you could do is just wait until your service's over before you get too serious about anybody. that way, any girl dating you wouldn't have any excuses about you being on the other side of the world and stuff. "you don't understand what it's like to be left alone here while you're off fighting! I needed company, blah blah blah."

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

Things I look for in a BF:

*He's gotta be smart, he needs to impress me with his genius :3

*He must be strong :3 So he can carry me away when my feet get tired :D

*Sensative. Isn't afraid to show how he feels (cry etc.)

*Loyal, cheating and lying sucks

*He needs to respect my body and emotions

*He must love playing RPGs :3

*He must treat my mom and his mom with respect :3

*A guy who listens to what I have to say ^^

*No mean, idiot hot shots :3

I know this is all findable, my current bf matches all of these descriptions ^~^ weeee! He's the best :3 We're gonna get married ^^

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

A pulse.

Nah, seriously, none of thats specific shit. He doesn't have to be a certain age, or height, or income level. He doesn't need to be stronger or smarter than I am, he doesn't need to be into all the same things I'm into, and he doesn't need to sweep me off my feet or kiss my eyelids while I'm sleeping. I'm looking for a human being, not Prince Charming. I just need to like him and enjoy his company. What makes me like him changes from guy to guy, but not taking yourself too seriously helps.

Posted at

I'm not lookin' for a boyfriend, but me and my friends laught that I would marry a Swede. Because they recycle things^^

suzi
suzi
Posted at

DONE.

But let's see…how about -why-?

Oh…not enough?

- Smart, but doesn't pursue regular old booklearning, only things he's really passionate about (He told me the other day he wants to "triple major in philosophy, creative writing, and music, minor in physics, and take some art classes")

- Complements my strengths

- Compliments my strengths ;D

- Conscious of his own style, but not obsessively, and lets it be an extension of himself rather than something that defines him. Along with that, he respects and adores how I look and dress, which while not necessary for a good relationship, is definitely one of the perks that makes every moment worth it.

- Gets lost in his own universe of thought

- Knows how to get along with people (friends, strangers, etc) very fluidly, follows standard social operating procedures without being "polite". I've had bad experiences with people who just DON'T KNOW how to get along socially, as well as people who can't get along because they have the barrier of politeness up constantly.

- Doesn't mind when I get ultra-clingy (in fact, he clings back)

- Similar ideologies with regards to politics, social concerns, etc. The important stuff can break a relationship if it doesn't match. My Alex and I get along about things we didn't even know the other had any opinion on…!

- Emo glasses :D (no, I don't -really- care, but omg so cute)

- Speaking of emo, he's really really emotional, which is rare and SO important to me – almost every other crush and boyfriend I've had have been nearly robotic in their emotional capacity.

- Most importantly, he has some deep internal drive to -create- and become something incredible, and he wants me in that, and nothing, NOTHING anyone does will get in the way. He definitely has some authority issues because of this, but I'm here to save his ass when he doesn't know how to act respectfully and formally to someone :p And he's not retardedly rebellious – he just (justifiably) doesn't see reason in bureaucracy and many rules. I recognize that if they exist, you need to just go with the flow and keep your head down. Sometimes I have to sit on him.

- He doesn't let our genders dictate the activities we do together, and he involves me in as much of his "guy stuff" as our friends will allow.

- Cute, heartfelt romantic gestures. The best one was yesterday – he gave me a set of dice for D&D, which I am just getting into <3

- And finally…He has a fake tooth! Come on! It's awesome!

Heh…I am way too happy with my Alex <3 sorry for the long post!

Emily K
Emily K
Posted at

I'm basically looking for a clone of myself.

Posted at

I look for someone who:

*Likes me!! (most important!)
*does something creative (ideally a manga-drawing, classical-piano-playing, oil and watercolorist who is also a poet and fiction writer! My big fantasy has always been this: it's a nice quiet sunday afternoon and I'm painting and he's playing the piano… in the same room… for like ten hours. TEN HOURS! WHAT STAMINA!)
*is very, very sensitive
*has specific interests (I hate it when people are like, "uh, I like… hanging out… watching tv…" I much prefer it when people are like, "let's talk about using spectroscopy to find the elements that make up binary neutron stars!!" or "which of the FMA homunculi is the best?" or something arty.)
*is not conservative (this is a MUST!!!)
*can be natural
*has a true sense of aesthetics
*isn't religious
*thinks the occult is cool
*is a good speller
*IS NEEDY! I love needy people! I'm not particularly needy myself (I'm very, very solitary and I generally prefer solitude to being with others) but for some reason needy people make me happy.

As far as looks go, I'm not incredibly picky, but generally I like people with clear skin and a non-jutting forehead. and I'm not into buff people… I like it when people look natural!
Oh and for some reason I like the way glasses look on people.

Posted at

heeeeeey where'd you get a picture of meh

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.