Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I don't actually miss it… >_>
You're not human
You're right. As I've said in the past, I don't exist in your reality.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

It went to the bottom.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

There's three of us, mostly, and a couple others who drop by occasionally…we'd love other people, but we pretty much gave up on that.

I'd love to join you, really I would, I mean, I like the van an' everythin' but, I'd be afraid I wasn't reaching enough people with my campaign to make everyone WATCH CITIZEN KANE;).

If you join, I swear I will google Citizen Kane and find out what the heck it is.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Just curious what happened to Top Drawer, or whatever it was called. Did they get rid of it after the server move or something?
This is what happened to the TD. Look carefully, down the bottom:

You're welcome to come and search for it :)

lba
lba
Posted at

If you join, I swear I will google Citizen Kane and find out what the heck it is.

No offense meant, but this statement just made me want to slam my head into my keyboard until I break my laptop.

How does one not even recognize the name of the film that has been voted best piece of cinematography on earth for about 10 years in a row?

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

No offense meant, but this statement just made me want to slam my head into my keyboard until I break my laptop.

How does one not even recognize the name of the film that has been voted best piece of cinematography on earth for about 10 years in a row?
>,>

um… yeah, you're crazy Hippie Van! You need to get out more.

<,<

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

voted best piece of cinematography on earth for about 10 years in a row?
I highly doubt that and would be sad if it was true with todays technology. For it's time it was pretty revolutionary, but the younger crowd views it as a slow paced black and white movie your media teacher plays for a week and has you fill out an entire packet about 'DEEEEEP' And "YELLOW JOURNALISM'.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

…I've never seen it. -_-
One suspects that it's a quality, reasonably intellectual film that a majority of critics agree is the best simply because of its age and the fact that they've all seen it.
After all, to win at something for so long it has to be reasonably good, but it also has to be a "consensus" candidate. ;)

lba
lba
Posted at

voted best piece of cinematography on earth for about 10 years in a row?
I highly doubt that and would be sad if it was true with todays technology. For it's time it was pretty revolutionary, but the younger crowd views it as a slow paced black and white movie your media teacher plays for a week and has you fill out an entire packet about 'DEEEEEP' And "YELLOW JOURNALISM'.

I'm going off the AFI top 100 list that started in 1998. And while I agree that as far as most people are concerned it's not their favorite, that's what the AFI keeps voting it as. Mostly, I just find it hard to believe that given how much credit the movie gets and how often it gets talked about by "film buffs", that she hasn't even heard the name or a reference to the name.

As far as I know, it gets it because of the intellectualism and the fact that comparing the technologies available, they did harder stuff with it for what they had than say Star Wars: episode I[/].

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

The TD has nothing to do with Citizen Kane lol!

Well… towards the end there, with some of the smarter people we had in, it would sort of belong.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

lba: I live in a hole under a rock…lemme lone…the folks round these parts talk about the latest deal at Giant Tiger, not old revolutionary movies.

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

I actually kind of miss Top Drawer. I never took anything in there SERIOUSLY and rare took things personally (it was obvious when it was supposed to be). Kind of reminded me of /b/ and Doing It Wrong, but in a good way

Posted at

By this measure, Beethoven sucks because he didn't have an Ipod.

…I've never seen it. -_-
One suspects that it's a quality, reasonably intellectual film that a majority of critics agree is the best simply because of its age and the fact that they've all seen it.
After all, to win at something for so long it has to be reasonably good, but it also has to be a "consensus" candidate.

I know what you mean. I've never eaten catfish, but I know it's a type of antelope.

:dizzy:

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I know what you mean. I've never eaten catfish, but I know it's a type of antelope.
Hmm? I use logic, you respond with nonsense… It's fair enough if you don't possess much of a facility for that trait, but I wouldn't advertise that fact if I were you. ;)

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Packet had an entire damn section about it.

Posted at

Hmm? I use logic, you respond with nonsense… It's fair enough if you don't possess much of a facility for that trait, but I wouldn't advertise that fact if I were you.

By gad sir, is it logic to present a film review based entirely upon 'suspicion'?! My remarks may appear facetious, but each is a missile of serious intent with a nose cone of irony aimed squarely at it's intended target! i.e.:

I have not sampled X but I am well aware of it's Y flavouring (the irony being that it is actually Z flavoured).

Now you really have got me talking nonesense you eyeball rolling Antipodean trickster!

SPATULAS AT DAWN!

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

By gad sir, is it logic to present a film review based entirely upon 'suspicion'?! My remarks may appear facetious, but each is a missile of serious intent with a nose cone of irony aimed squarely at it's intended target! i.e.:

I have not sampled X but I am well aware of it's Y flavouring (the irony being that it is actually Z flavoured).

Now you really have got me talking nonesense you eyeball rolling Antipodean trickster!

SPATULAS AT DAWN!
SO RANDOM DASU XD

Posted at

SO RANDOM DASU XD

Really?

Aahhhhhhhhhhh! I loves yer!

X

Posted at

SPATULAS AT DAWN!
SO RANDOM DASU XD

lolsarcasm

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

SPATULAS AT DAWN!
SO RANDOM DASU XD

lolsarcasm
rorI<3you,Gunny.

So has this thread turned into a reenactment of why TD was wiped off of the face of the earth? We just need some obscure /b/ references and maybe some drama poop smelling the place up.

Otherwise, we have the attempt at ideological criticism and some witty jabs and remarks. Oh, there's some inadvertent digression leading into a snowball of seriousness and big words until the thread peters out.

I kind of miss the TD. :(

Posted at

So has this thread turned into a reenactment of why TD was wiped off of the face of the earth? We just need some obscure /b/ references and maybe some drama poop smelling the place up.

Otherwise, we have the attempt at ideological criticism and some witty jabs and remarks. Oh, there's some inadvertent digression leading into a snowball of seriousness and big words until the thread peters out.

I kind of miss the TD.

Kind of appropriate then, but isn't it like that at Top Drawer Gamma?!

You meed more washed up losers. I'll check my diary! :spin:

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

rorI<3you,Gunny.

I kind of miss the TD. :(

DENTAL

PLAN

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.