Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I never wake with unexplained injury. If I do have a bruise or something I can easily find things around the bed that I would have bumped while I slept.

When I get injured IN a dream though, and wake with severe pain from it, there IS no external cause, and even though the pain of the injury might be very bad, it soon dies away because it has no cause reality in my body apart from the memory in my mind.

It's interesting though that you CAN feel things like pain so strongly when the cause is just the mind alone, and you can still retain it after waking for a short time… Sometimes longer, but then only as a very dull, strange, but mild sensation. The body/mind connection is stronger than we sometimes give it credit.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Yeah. doesn't explain the cuts I sometimes get on my body, though. =\

too deep to be simple stratches, but not deep enough to be serious. my fingernails may be long and sharp, but they're not THAT long or THAT sharp.

that's what I have the most issues with out of my sleeping pattern problems. Sometimes when my mom sees those marks, she wonders if I'm a cutter. Which is something I would NEVER do.

Do you have a brass bed or any exposed metal surfaces on you frame or box spring? I have gashed myself severely while asleep on the bed frame.

There is also what ozone mentioned. The body can create bruises and even cuts (the stigmata phenomenon) with blood psychosomatically. You would also be surprised how deep and severely you can cut youself with seemingly dull fingernails. I cut and file mine (I build models, they get in the way) and I have still cut myself as severely as I can with a sharp X-Acto #11 blade.

Then you could also have been abducted by aliens. ;)

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

too deep to be simple stratches, but not deep enough to be serious. my fingernails may be long and sharp, but they're not THAT long or THAT sharp.

that's what I have the most issues with out of my sleeping pattern problems. Sometimes when my mom sees those marks, she wonders if I'm a cutter. Which is something I would NEVER do.

There could be mundane explanations like what ozone and bravo pointed out.

But you can't really rule out that it was caused by an external force. Maybe you were attacked by entities that are not of this world. Demon? Gray alien? Reptoid? Ghost? Psychic attack? It could be anything. God knows.

If I were you I'd try to find the local exorcist/shaman.

It's interesting though that you CAN feel things like pain so strongly when the cause is just the mind alone,

Reminds me of watching a movie with the 3-d glasses. I watched journey to the center of the earth (the brendan fraser movie) and I literally ducked when that trilobyte appeared to be poking its tentacles out of the screen.

Illusion can play with your mind. Another example is when I used to get so into the game when I play Counter-Strike: Source. I sometimes literally jump to the side when trying to dodge. As well as move my head down or up or sideways. As if doing that can give me a closer view of whats on the other side of the wall.

Perhaps this reality is just a matrix? And everything else is illusion? What is truth then?

Is infinite love the only truth while everything else is illusion? :)

Posted at

Do you have a brass bed or any exposed metal surfaces on you frame or box spring? I have gashed myself severely while asleep on the bed frame.

There is also what ozone mentioned. The body can create bruises and even cuts (the stigmata phenomenon) with blood psychosomatically. You would also be surprised how deep and severely you can cut youself with seemingly dull fingernails. I cut and file mine (I build models, they get in the way) and I have still cut myself as severely as I can with a sharp X-Acto #11 blade.

Then you could also have been abducted by aliens. ;)

nope, I don't. in fact it's just a simple wood frame bed holding a large, queen sized soft mattress. no metal springs, as I don't like those kinds. I don't even have a headboard or or anything.. it's basically simple in design.

But yeah I suppose you guys are right. still you have to admit that it's a little bit freaky. For instance… you'd think that I'd wake up the moment I make the first deep stratch on my body. After all, at the first sign of any pain I should wake up. But apparently I'll sleep all night, and find more than one stratch on my body. :P

lba
lba
Posted at

Am I the only one who often get injuries in real life from dreaming? =\

Once while out camping and playing airsoft I had a dream in which I was part of a rifle squad working their way through an apartment which was basically my mind replaying through the days game just with a different building in the scenario. While we advancing up a small grassy slope in back of the building, I felt a sharp stabbing pain like I had been shot and I woke up. It turned out that I had rolled over onto my knife which I left unfolded in one of my thigh pouches and my mind put it into the dream just as I was waking up.

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

There could be mundane explanations like what ozone and bravo pointed out.

But you can't really rule out that it was caused by an external force. Maybe you were attacked by entities that are not of this world. Demon? Gray alien? Reptoid? Ghost? Psychic attack? It could be anything. God knows.

If I were you I'd try to find the local exorcist/shaman.

GREMLINS DID 9/11

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.