Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What is your Favorite Cliche/Most Hated Cliche

Nyx
Nyx
Posted at

Hate:

Random, last minute character development just so you can kill them off. You can't leave an impact on the audience if they don't care who dies, but jeez.
Show a picture of your loved one to anybody and you're DEAD.
Other bad example is that girl from the first episode of Elfen Lied.

Sob stories. Oh boo hoo. I get tired of stories where people are crying all oer the place. (Elfen Lied again).

BL with no point.

Makeover stories or when people change for other people, like the girl from the Clueless movie. She was already an awesome person to begin with. >_<

Gundams and giant robots.

Love:

Creepy, bad ass villains. Akabane from Get Backers comes to mind.

Villains that are all bark and no bite or incompetent. Maybe like Jack Spicer. Idiots that try to be soooo bad ass but fail miserably.

Characters with bad tempers.

(Not really a chiche but…) Anime that rises above the usual stereotypes. The rare original stories or ones that are outside the typical art style, like Tekkonkinkreet.

Like SarahN said, psychotic freakouts.

Randomness, but not expected random.(CHEESEMONKEYPIE!)

Dumb heroes that end up being villains because they're so convinced they're doing the right thing.

Well done parodies of cliches.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

Hmm.

The wussy (tho' possibly talented) guy in a manga who puts up with an inordinate amount of abuse from an immature protagonist female (Kurohime and Gyo are good examples) while he looks the other way constantly and makes cutesy sweat drops.

Similarly, I dislike 'harem' works that feature basically the same guy, but surrounded by 3-8 times of said brats. (Negima, Tenchi Muyo, and Love Hina)

Martial Artists that get so strong that they're basically flying around. (Matrix, Bleach, & DBZ). I call it Superman Syndrome, and consider it the ear mark of jumping the shark.
Related, Martial Art Tournaments in Shonen works.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.