Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
rou
rou
Posted at

this was the best place for posting my comics. even when i get a website, ill still be posting on drunkduck ^^ I mean, how many 11 year olds get to draw PSYCO PIRATES XD

Escutcheon
Escutcheon
Posted at

Huh, I thought I had posted here before. Must not have actually finished the post.
Hi there all! I joined DrunkDuck under the advice of a friend who told me it was a site with great freedom, author control, and..well, was free- and had a community. And I have been nothing but impressed ever since giving it a shot!

Insilico
Insilico
Posted at

I came for the free drinks. 

r_e_l
r_e_l
Posted at

I joined to read all the dirty GN's that only members can see ;)
jk!
Joined to read… eventualy I'll post my own :)

Posted at

I joined because I was looking for place to post my mangas I made up and a friend of mine told me about this site. Right now I just read them but I will post my stuff eventually.

edinfresno
edinfresno
Posted at

I joined The Duck because there are so few sites around that will actually let me post my work. However, after a few days here, I'm beginning to think it was a bad choice because nothing seems to work correctly, here. So far, none of the functions have functioned. Still, I'll be patient and see if things get fixed and working properly. If so I'll be happy. If not I'll move on.
By the way… I posted a help request earlier that seems to have mysteriously disappeared. Being of a rather suspicious bent of mind, I've bookmarked this page so I can return to it later, if it's still here.

Posted at

I just joined yesterday. A couple big motivating factors:

I've heard dA is rather "hostile" towards sprite comics if the sprites aren't entirely yours.
I've been planning a comic for a long time coming, and now I've gotten around to start producing it.
The Duck was among a few recommended dedicated comic hosting sites by a friend.

I've been wondering a bit if The Duck is going through kind of a lull in activity as suggested by another thread I read, but it sounds as if activity levels will inevitably rebound. I figure, just to be able to share the comic and get at least one reader dedicated on following my unfolding plot would already make me feel accomplished inside.

Posted at

Initially, my best friend in real life land sent me a link to Charby the Vampirate. After that, I started to browse the other comics on the site and ended up creating an account just to keep track of my favorites. That's how I got started. 

Posted at

I'm a Media Arts and Science student at IUPUI in Indiana in my final semester of school. For my final project, I'm doing a comic book. We have to present our capstone projects at the end of the semester and my professor reccomended I Alec (my character) her own website and also to get her in the social media world. This is one of the sites he mentioned!

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Adventures_of_Alec_Immortal/5421983/

Posted at

I was introduced to this site, when it was Drunk Duck, by Hayakain and began posting my work here.

Posted at

I joined here in 2001 cause I was 11 and this was the only comic hosting site I understood, the others were too complex. Simple as that.

Djan
Djan
Posted at

I joined because when I was 9-ish I found this site and read Charby the Vampirate(much to the chagrin of my conservative christian mother. "You don't need to be reading anything on a site that has drunk in the title! I saw a page and it was really violent! It probably has bad language but I didn't check!" If she only knew.) and some other comic that had an almost all female cast and they all had really large breasts. I don't remember the name of it but it was some sort of acronym. I didn't want to be signed up to such an incriminating site, and this was back when I didn't have my own email for verifying purposes so I would have had to ask my mom to verify for me.
So, I left for a few years. Read other webcomics, made other friends. And then I realized I wanted to be a comic book artist when I grew up, and remembered this place existed. I signed up a few months ago and didn't really touch it(other that launching one comic and then later deleting it without even adding a single page because I realized it was awful). But now I'm back. Yay.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Welcome back. :)

Yeah, one of the side-effects of being in a webcomics community with so many talented artists is you tend to look at their stuff, then look at your own stuff and go: xO  I pretty much just cling to the goal of making each page that tiny bit better than the one before (exception: page 3 which was rushed and bites -_-).  I promised myself I wouldn't go back and remove or redraw stuff, because I want to be able to look back one day at how bad I was and realise how much I've improved since then.

P.S. I honestly don't remember how I first got here.  I found some cool webcomic (Acrobat, maybe?) and stayed.

Djan wrote:
And then I realized I wanted to be a comic book artist when I grew up, and remembered this place existed. I signed up a few months ago and didn't really touch it(other that launching one comic and then later deleting it without even adding a single page because I realized it was awful). But now I'm back. Yay.

Posted at

WITH A NAME LIKE DRUNK DUCK WHO COULD REFUSE AND TO BUILD A FANBASE FOR ULITMATE EXPANSION INTO LARGER VENTURES

mizu25
mizu25
Posted at

I joined to both post my own comics and read others comics everyone is sooooo super talented it's amazing 

Beep Beep
Beep Beep
Posted at

This place was recommended to me. I was told there's a good artist market on here, and helpful advice.

Alpharie
Alpharie
Posted at

Hello, I'm Alpharie, and I joined because I have a story I want to tell. I also hoped this community has a little less BL than some other sites I've checked out. We'll see.
I'm pretty friendly in general, so don't be afraid to come check out my story. It's still in baby stages right now, so be gentle.

mohnman
mohnman
Posted at

I've been wanting to really share my comics online a while now but I never had the experienc making websites and no mone to build a worthwhile one. Also I wanted to find a place that I could possibly build a real fan base. And I heard of The Duck a long time ago so I thought why not here? So finally I got enough courage to post my stuff. And I feel really good about it.

Posted at

I joined because its free and easy to use. To be completely honest about it..

Posted at

I joined because I'm getting back into updating my old FF7 fan comic and wanted to reach a wider audience by finding a website specific to webcomics.  Sometimes I fear that as the game ages, FF7 fans are harder to find and to reach.

As to why I joined The Duck specifically, it was because I'm a graphic designer and the other webcomic hosting sites I've seen have made me want to weep tears of visual despair.  This website's design makes my eyeballs happy, and that makes me happy.

Jaymzeecat
Jaymzeecat
Posted at

I decided a few years ago that I wanted to start putting my comics online and for a while I only ever put them on my personal Facebook page (where no one ever really read them, haha). I didn't know about webcomic hosting sites at all. When I moved to Portland I joined a webcomics Meetup group and one of the members mentioned DD to me. I told him I'd check it out some time… but honestly, I don't think I actually visited the site until like a year later, haha. 
DD is one of my favorite comic sites now, especially for the Featured Comics section. Having my comics featured on DD really helped me get noticed. There isn't much of an option for that on other webcomic hosting sites and I have a really hard time getting readers elsewhere. 

Posted at

Mostly because I wanted to make a webcomic, hoping it'll get a pretty large amount of fans. I have a really messy beginning, ahaha, but I'm sure that it's going to get all cleared out soon. Looking through how to get a comic even UP, I was told this site was a really good place. :^3 
This is a rather nice and friendly community, and I really like the forums and comics on here so far. I hope you guys enjoy mine!: https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/Sunny_Side_Face_Down_Automaton/

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.