Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

While I'm here and posting - what the heck is 'Tin Member'? I obviously qualified, but I really don't know how. Is it a measure of the metallic content in our comics? :P (In which case I ought to fail spectacularly).
It means you've been on DD for at least a year. At 2 years you get Bronze.
Oh, that's nifty. Thank you for the explanation. :)

Posted at

Just click avatar.

Oh no, I know where they are to view, but my comics both are in the top 1000 (and one is in the top 500), and when I contacted an admin about getting the trophies they told me that trophies were down right now.

Not entirely sure what that means, but I guess it denies people from getting new trophies at this time.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

agentny003 wrote:
None sadly :(

Don't worry, the system hasn't been active in ages. This thread is 10 years old. The site has been rebooted a couple of times since then and in one of those re-boots most of the trophies vanished. So don't worry.

Vote in the DD awards. Those are far more important going forward.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Somebody had a court order to exhume this thread?

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

I want trophies, OOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

I think everybody should get a trophy…! ;)

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

phinmagic wrote:
I had a bunch of trophies back in the day, but after I left and came back, they were deleted. I was even featured, back in the day.
And you made it all look so easy. Took almost a decade, five completed comics and nearly a thousand pages of archives for a comic of mine to get featured.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
phinmagic wrote:
I had a bunch of trophies back in the day, but after I left and came back, they were deleted. I was even featured, back in the day.
And you made it all look so easy. Took almost a decade, five completed comics and nearly a thousand pages of archives for a comic of mine to get featured.
PSsssssh! You've had two featured. ;)

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:
phinmagic wrote:
PSsssssh! You've had two featured. ;)

Don't tell oz, but it's really the same comic under two different titles… oh wait, um you're oz, heh, heh… Well I changed stiff around… yeah…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I'll give you some if you reduce the size of your banners right down ;)

Avart
Avart
Posted at

I was wondering if trophies will return someday. It's cool to see them (and I know it's a lot of work to keep tracking the user achievements).

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Am I right in thinking they were supposed to be automated, but didn't work properly? I can't even remember what they looked like. If they ever come back, we could have a little trophy drawing project where people could volunteer to draw one in their own style.

Avart
Avart
Posted at

Ironscarf wrote:
Am I right in thinking they were supposed to be automated, but didn't work properly? I can't even remember what they looked like. If they ever come back, we could have a little trophy drawing project where people could volunteer to draw one in their own style.

You're right @Ironscarf, they suppose to be automatic. I remember I was posting my comic in a Spanish site that have this kind of goodies (amongst many others). Designing the trophies is definitely an excellent idea;)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Avart wrote:
Ironscarf wrote:

You're right @Ironscarf, they suppose to be automatic. I remember I was posting my comic in a Spanish site that have this kind of goodies (amongst many others). Designing the trophies is definitely an excellent idea;)

They were automated for a long time and stopped working when the site was fixed at some stage. :)

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

A lot of the old ones weren't recovered, were deleted, or were otherwise somehow lost during one of the site restarts.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Tell me what Trophies you should have and you'll get them back 😚

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.