Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What's the worst cooking you've ever (or attempted to) eat? And who made the dish?

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

You know, I quite like to experiment with food. About a month ago, I tried deep frying pizza.
You're awesome.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

I agree with BFF - just the fact that you would TRY deep-frying a pizza is very entertaining. Being from the Southern US, I'm used to people trying to deep-fry EVERYTHING. Candy bars, Twinkies, Coca-Cola, turkey… but never pizza XD

PeteyPanda
PeteyPanda
Posted at

They were supposed to be cookies. Plain old chocolate chip cookies. I dont know where it went wrong, but they ended up harder than biscotti, with a taste so foul as to be unexplainable.
A part of me wanted to go back and try again, just to see what I had done to make them so bad. I scratched that idea when my mother refused throw away the round bricks because that would be a waste of food.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

My brother made mashed potatoes once. The recipe called for 1/4 cup of milk, and he didn't know fractions back then, so he put in 4 cups.

Nothing like steak with a side of paste.

AshenSkye
AshenSkye
Posted at

The stepmom to one of my friends made greenbean casserole once. Barfaristic. @_@

One time I tried to make a chicken casserole, but had four cans of Cream of Mushroom and no Cream of Chicken. With generous amounts of salt and pepper, it didn't taste too horribly. XD;;

mishi_hime
mishi_hime
Posted at

Mom's bread pudding and/or rice pudding. Ick! it's like gross mush.

Posted at

Okay I me and my sister made some brownies from scratch but they were gooy semi liquid when exposed to air and were rock hard when in water. I don't know how thats possible but thats what happen.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Okay I me and my sister made some brownies from scratch but they were gooy semi liquid when exposed to air and were rock hard when in water. I don't know how thats possible but thats what happen.

I think I cooked something similar to that, but it was a pancake recipe…

Net
Net
Posted at

My mother in law tried cooking a lemon meringue pie that she saw the recipe for in the newspaper. She followed the directions exactly right, and every single one of us that tried a bite of this had the same reaction.

It wasn't lemon meringue. It was egg pie. It tasted like eating straight, raw eggs.

We finally asked to see the recipe. Turns out the paper had included a typo in the recipe… Instead of adding 1-2 eggs as it was supposed to be, she followed the recipe exactly as printed… and added 12 eggs.

My father in law will eat anything, and even HE couldn't stomach more than a bite of this pie.

>Net

Jonko
Jonko
Posted at

Huge scorpion on a stick on the streets of China. It tasted like that brown veiny part of a shrimp (I'm assuming that's poo) stuffed in the shell of a soft shelled crab.

Posted at

Here in China there's something called 'stinky tofu'… it was a favorite of Mao's. It smells like sewage. Taste-wise I don't want to know.

My girlfriend's mom recently served up pig's feet. These were basically intact pig's feet floating in a thin greasy broth. The feet came complete with nails, skin, bones, and even hair. It was the hair that did me in.

Pineapple
Pineapple
Posted at

I don't know if you count it as cooking, but I tried some canned Mac and Cheese. Was not nice, didn't even taste like cheese. All pastey and gluggy

Posted at

I think I cooked something similar to that, but it was a pancake recipe…

The funny thing is me and my sister tried cookies and made frisbies. They were hard as rocks and flat. I'm a good cook and she is a good cook but when you put us together we suck XD

benjin
benjin
Posted at

It's called 'Kuddeln' in german. It is made out of bowels of pork. It feels like a mixture of rubber and leather covered with slime in the mouth.
I learned vomiting on it at the army. The canteen made it two times a month. No alternate offers.
We seriously thought about shooting the cook.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

My girlfriend's mom recently served up pig's feet. These were basically intact pig's feet floating in a thin greasy broth. The feet came complete with nails, skin, bones, and even hair. It was the hair that did me in.

That hair is very VERY hard to get rid of. I've seen variations of pigs feet and pork hocks. My grandmother made a dish that had young banana shoots and it was pretty sweet…

Sometimes a bit TOO sweet…

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

protein shakes… my mom would add protein powder to things like a strawberry smoothie and i could not stomach it. I was throwing it back up a bit in the glass and she kept making me drink until i finished it where i threw it all up and then she got upset that i was being a brat (though i never had to drink another one of those things again). I would start drinking it at 9am and finish around 1 pm… I never understood why people would pay money for that powder, just gimme a steak.

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

Homemade spaghetti carbonara. I don't know what I added or didn't add, but it tasted like burned rubber bands and rotting cow meat…Possibly the worst thing I have ever tasted in my entire life :S!

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Homemade spaghetti carbonara. I don't know what I added or didn't add, but it tasted like burned rubber bands and rotting cow meat…Possibly the worst thing I have ever tasted in my entire life :S!

Great… now you make me want to try cooking that…

Recipe for Spaghetti Carbonara

Posted at

I went to this (expensive) hotel in london once and i had the three course set meal first two courses where fantastic but when it came to the dessert. It was the Cremé brulle and it looked/smelled/tasted like the milk had curdeled and the eggs had spilt from the mix. Though i got the stay for free and a massive appolagy from the chef…even more fun when he found out that i was a chef or hilton hotels.

Psikick
Psikick
Posted at

Surprisingly, the worst thing I've ever tasted was not steak with chocolate syrup and vanilla ice cream, all together mind you. No, I believe it was this Hamburger Helper thing that was SUPPOSED to be like, Mexican something, I don't remember, but the sauce was nasty, and the bread crumbs (yeah, that negates my theory of Mexican), the bread crumbs were just, ugh on top of the cake. I think it was some sort of cheese sauce….

ERasER
ERasER
Posted at

The worst thing I ever tried to eat was a flapjack I had made in school. It was rock hard and chipped one of my friends teeth ^^ - I eventually gave up trying to eat it

Posted at

I made eggs…but instead of milk to fluff them up I used green tea.

They came out gray and tasted like dirt.
I still ate all of them.

I also tried dog food but that's another story.

Swiftgold
Swiftgold
Posted at

The thing that comes to mind for me is the time when I bought a packet of dehydrated seaweed, reconstituted it, and ate it. Just… I don't even know what was going through my mind at the time or why I even thought that might be good, but I was so sick for the rest of that day and the next…

Posted at

The thing that comes to mind for me is the time when I bought a packet of dehydrated seaweed, reconstituted it, and ate it. Just… I don't even know what was going through my mind at the time or why I even thought that might be good, but I was so sick for the rest of that day and the next…

Why didn't you just eat raw seaweed…wait how the hell do you even re-hydrate seaweed?

Won't the water just make it soggy?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.