Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What's the worst cooking you've ever (or attempted to) eat? And who made the dish?

Swiftgold
Swiftgold
Posted at

The thing that comes to mind for me is the time when I bought a packet of dehydrated seaweed, reconstituted it, and ate it. Just… I don't even know what was going through my mind at the time or why I even thought that might be good, but I was so sick for the rest of that day and the next…

Why didn't you just eat raw seaweed…wait how the hell do you even re-hydrate seaweed?

Won't the water just make it soggy?

It was all dried and imported… I'm in Colorado, so we don't get it here naturally, heh. Soak in water till it's slimy again. I'm guessing it's meant for use in soup or other recipes and not eaten plain in a dish like I did, though. :D

Posted at

Much as it pains me to say it, the worst cooking I've ever tasted was my own. No particular examples come to mind. I'm the guy that could screw up a salad bad enough to makie it inedible.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Much as it pains me to say it, the worst cooking I've ever tasted was my own. No particular examples come to mind. I'm the guy that could screw up a salad bad enough to makie it inedible.

Oh, come on… there has to be at least ONE memorable dish you had to have tried cooking…

I'd be really surprised if you were bad enough to burn water though…

Posted at

well, there was the time that I made those peanutbutter no bake cookies…well, actually it was just a big sticky blob of the stuff. It got everywhere, and my girlfriend at the time really let me have it for the mess, but those ended up tasting suprisingly good.
Most of the time, though, my stuff either comes out burnt, or just mangled, and it never ends up tasting quite right. Then again, I hate to cook, so I don't really practice that much either. Thank god for chef Boyardee…lol

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Would you eat anything from here? I wouldn't. -_-

Various recipes:

[spoiler] 1. Tuna Sashimi with Homemade Dipping Sauce
2. Man Made Oysters
3. Creamy Cum Cakes
4. Almost White Russian
5. Spunky Candied Pecans
6. Chocolate Truffles with White Centre
7. Creamy Cum Crepes[/spoiler]

Posted at

Would you eat anything from here? I wouldn't. -_-
That gives me some ideas for my next dinner party. Heh.

Posted at

one time I had very little food in the home, and it was late so I couldn't go food shopping.

what I did have though, was a couple of snacks and some canned cream of mushroom soup.

for those not in the know… cream of mushroom is like this gray gooey stuff with bits of mushroom in it. it's an sauce that's supposed to go on top of meat like chicken, porkchop, etc.

but I figured that since it said "soup" on the can itself, I could just heat it and then eat it by itself…

it's delicious when combined with other foods out there.. but by itself it was just too much. Ehh.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.