Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Radec
Radec
Posted at

I actually used to have a previous account here, back when I was beginning drawing. I only stayed on long enough to make one "friend", then decided to give off the comics for a bit and learn to draw somehow.
anyways, there used to be a person here, (maybe an admin? can't remember exactly)
who went by the alias Black_Kitty. I believe she did the Random Thoughts comic.
Just wondering if she is still on DD or not.

Posted at

I put out an order to assassinate him…WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU…DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER WHAT AN ASS HE WAS!?!?!?! To everyone, even the REALLY talented people.

He was a bit bitter, but he wasn't really an ass. He was giving advice to people who were really aspiring to be pros. Having gone to the Kubert school, he did have the credentials.

Still, I can see why people didn't like him. His advice was sound though.

Yeah, actually, I really appreciated his advice…he would write NOVEL on what you could improve on. I think his ego just floated a little too high in the stratosphere for most of us to tolerate him. Sad too, because what he had to say was really good.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

Mykill was a bit of an enigma. Mostly I just remember him turning any post into a discussion of how Christians are destroying the planet and universally hating gays. He was quite stubborn on a lot of issues.

But he also put time and effort into giving critiques and advice. For those who were willing to take advice and listen, this was a great service to Drunk Duckers. I'd say his presense here was an overall positive. A qualified opinion is of great value.

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

…But he also put time and effort into giving critiques and advice. For those who were willing to take advice and listen, this was a great service to Drunk Duckers. I'd say his presense here was an overall positive. A qualified opinion is of great value.

I'll agree with that. I also would like to add it probably has something to do with the current political climate. Mykill's lifestyle is being seriously opressed in the USA, especially in the last 6 years (not a coincidence). I don't know if I would act any differently, or condemn such behavior either.

He's a really smart and helpful guy, in any case. And, by the way, this is coming from someone that took him for a jerk a long time ago.

.: SpANG! :.

sandy
sandy
Posted at

Mykill was actually very helpful when I needed adivce about reducing a page after the fact that I realized that it was drawn wrong. *Lesson learned, don't do any work when you've got a bad cold. I learned the hard way.* Anyway, his advice was right on target, and there really wasn't much of a difference between the pages once I reduced it. He saved my sanity on that one. He had some really great advice, so he really wasn't an ass. I wish I could've thanked him though.

Posted at

AWWWWW….we've turned hate into love.

Yay for the power of love.

Posted at

yeah, sorry I called Mykill an ass…it was just kind of the knee-jerk reaction when I heard his name. Sometimes you forget all the good that someone did.

And where is Black Kitty?

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think Mykill ever would deny that he offends now and then. Hey, I wonder how awkward it'll be if he comes back and reads this thread.

Black Kitty is a very good question. She was a great part of Drunk Duck. Plus, she was overseeing the printing of the Drunk Duck Anthology 3, which I hope we see some day. Last we heard she got really busy with jobs and school and stuff.

Posted at

I'm around actually. I have to be since I record the DrunkDuck news section on the Gigcast. ^^;;; I just don't post as much when I do.

I just haven't been around as much due to real life things. I'm kind of reluctant to just spill my life story on a public forum but long story short, I now have someone else staying in my house for a few years and I'm responsible for getting him settled into a college. I had always assumed that once I graduate, I would have more free time. Unfortunately, everyone else assumed the same thing and decided to help me fill that time. ^^;;;

I'll also be going on vacation to Chicago on the 31st (might even meet up with MisterSpook~)

.: Black Kitty :.

Posted at

I'll also be going on vacation to Chicago on the 31st

Have fun on your vacation!!!

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

NO

Did we scare ya?

Free Margaritas for the scared guy!

stardusty
stardusty
Posted at

I don't know if I'm a "good person" but I haven't been around much at all simply because these forums rarely let me log in anymore for some reason.

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

I don't know if I'm a "good person" but I haven't been around much at all simply because these forums rarely let me log in anymore for some reason.
Do you use the green back button?

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

The forums won't let me log in either, if I'm in Firefox. I have to switch over to Internet Explorer just to post in the forum.

Radec
Radec
Posted at

I'm around actually. I have to be since I record the DrunkDuck news section on the Gigcast. ^^;;; I just don't post as much when I do.

I just haven't been around as much due to real life things. I'm kind of reluctant to just spill my life story on a public forum but long story short, I now have someone else staying in my house for a few years and I'm responsible for getting him settled into a college. I had always assumed that once I graduate, I would have more free time. Unfortunately, everyone else assumed the same thing and decided to help me fill that time. ^^;;;

I'll also be going on vacation to Chicago on the 31st (might even meet up with MisterSpook~)

Oh, snap! so she IS still here!
Good to know. :D

(also, on a side note, I have noticed that some people have little custom descriptions over their avatars… how is that accomplished?)

Zwuh
Zwuh
Posted at

(also, on a side note, I have noticed that some people have little custom descriptions over their avatars… how is that accomplished?)

You have to be awesome. Or old.

(or a mod/admin)

lukee
lukee
Posted at

You have to be awesome. Or old.

(or a mod/admin)

You have to send me five hundred dollars.

(don't worry admins, i'll cut you in 50/50)

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

I can log in easier since i got the new Fire Fox.

Sometimes it logs me off, but i just have to delete the www. part of the url.

Holy cow, that worked! Thanks, RedSlayer! I'm browsin' in Firefox now!

Posted at

OK, you're on - but I'm in England and we do things in £ here, so let's see… £250 is about $460. Sound fair?

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

OK, you're on - but I'm in England and we do things in £ here, so let's see… £250 is about $460. Sound fair?
I love deals where I get more cash due to foreign currency rates. I paid NZ$400 (About $340 AU) on eBay for a friend, so I made $60

Getting back on topic, has any one actually tried e-mailing these people? (I mean, if they have made their details known). Just one though, don't want their inboxes filled with spam

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

I love deals where I get more cash due to foreign currency rates. I paid NZ$400 (About $340 AU) on eBay for a friend, so I made $60

Getting back on topic, has any one actually tried e-mailing these people? (I mean, if they have made their details known). Just one though, don't want their inboxes filled with spam
Exactly why we dont email them.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.