Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
time00
time00
Posted at

I joined because comic posting is easy, i can say what i want here without getting in trouble(i got removed a lot), and this place looks pretty cool!

iamjenii
iamjenii
Posted at

It's an entire community dedicated to comics :D Where else would be the best to start?

Posted at

I joined Drunk Duck way back when(2003) as just as alternative to Keenspace, which was down at the time. I ended up liking the community and workings of DD, so I decided to hell with Keenspace, and ended up just hosting my comic here- which proved to be far superior to the alternatives, I think.
I also knew almost nothing about web design at the time, and not needing to do my own layout was nice. Even now that we can, it's even better.
All in all, I'm glad to be back!

iEatplants
iEatplants
Posted at

I joined DD for the same reason I joined all the other comic hosting sites, TO RAPE THE INTERNET WITH MY COMICS. :D

osakilina
osakilina
Posted at

I joined DD after hearing a friend's positive response about hosting her comics here. Of the other comic hosting sites around, I believe I made the right choice. =)

Erad
Erad
Posted at

I'm pretty new here but I've grown to love the easy posting and the sense of community!

I was told to post my comics here from a guy who draws webcomics. When I stumbled upon his site, I asked him if he had any tips for expanding my audience, he suggested DD and I'm glad he did!

Posted at

I had originally joined DD to comment on someones comic. Then I decided to host my own comic. That's that.

Posted at

Because Shadeblade_01 told me to.

And Ive been wanting to do a comic for awhile anyway.

Trantor
Trantor
Posted at

I actually had an account over at Keenspace (yes, dating myself now) and when they hit load issues after a few small crashes, the admins listed a couple of alternative sights to go, and since I couldn't create a new account there for Drawnsword (was also doing my old comic Our House back then), I ended up at the fledgling DD. And great times ensued.

Posted at

I have made other webcomics, but the real pull for me was comments. DrunkDuck is also really friendly to 'adult' comics, so that helped too.

Posted at

I've wanted to do comics for a while but I first found out about Drunk duck from Allan, I looked on the website and got hooked.

LOOKIS
LOOKIS
Posted at

The TV Tropes website had links to Drunk Duck and Comic Genesis.

While I was looking at Comic Genesis it downloaded some kind of mallware to my computer. (Luckily, I was able to use Windows "restore" to get rid of it) So that pretty much decided it in favor of Drunk Duck. I'm too lazy to look for any other comic sites and goodness knows I'm not going to make my own site and do it all myself. That would be work. Ugh!

Everything has been very smooth here except for the thumbnail issue. But who has ever done anything that didn't have at least one quirk in it? :)

hatshepsut
hatshepsut
Posted at

Drunk Duck is way more user friendly than the other sites I've tried so far. It also looks better. I initially chose it from a few sites suggested by webcomic writers. It seems like a good place to get started until I'm ready to start and manage my own page. I'm still working out the kinks and using Microsoft Paint. I'm pretty comfortable here until I'm ready to move out and move on. The best way to get the drunk duck out of your URL is to create your own site.

Posted at

I joined after doing research on comic sites; this one was always talked about as one of the largest and best for hosting webcomics. When I joined I had no idea that the admins quickly take care of issues and that they CARE about this community and the ppl who sign up. That was a breath of fresh air for me. It's easy to upload pages, but I have to say that the navigation takes a little getting used to. I still don't know how to do all I want but I'm sure that will change. ^_^

deanlegion
deanlegion
Posted at

Hello,

I just joined today! I'm a regular at the Comic Book Resources Artist & Writer's Showcase, and other people from there have mentioned that they have webcomics here.

I'm just getting started, so I've got a lot to figure out.

The comic I posted is called STARSEARCHERS. It it written by my friend, Lash. I did the art.

pato
pato
Posted at

Because you can easily find comics, really nice favorited list, cute forum.

The only bad thing is when I read a comic, sometimes I spend a lot of life waiting in the loading time

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

well having only signed up yesterday and uploaded my first comic pages today…
It seemed easy to use, and friendly towards comics with mature content, something other sites I had checked out weren't. Granted there is no adult content in the pages I have done so far it is coming and I won't be holding back.

DrLuck
DrLuck
Posted at

I came here because a friend wanted me to join so we can be comic buddies, but I stayed here because I like this place better. I also have my art on DeviantArt and my own personal website, but I have tried the other webcomic services as well (trying to get the comic in as many places as possible).

I tried Comic Genesis, but I didn't like it. I think what pissed me off there was uploading comics one at a time (even when I first came to DD, I had a decent sized archive). I think that was Genesis, anyways. I tried SmackJeeves and instantly hated it. They wanted me to "donate" to upload bigger pictures. Now, I have smaller versions of all my pages, but telling me to "donate" to put up more stuff is idiotic. SmackJeeves, it's not a donation if I'm really paying for space. At least be honest about it.

But DD has multiple page uploads, doesn't ask me to "donate," and the community seems friendly. I think I also recall leaving another one because they didn't have a comments feature on comic pages. Hello? What if someone wants to say something?

Maybe I'm too picky.

TheBum
TheBum
Posted at

Well the short answer is, DD was the only hosting site that actually functioned for me when i was ready to go live with "Fisthorns and The Bum", so here i am on day 2 page 2 and no complaints at all!

Posted at

I chose drunk duck because I've seen a lot of promising comics out and about, and figured it'd be a great place to learn a thing or two, actually keep track of the comics I read, and improve my own comics, seeing as I'm new to comic-type art, but not art itself, see.

Gaddick
Gaddick
Posted at

Well lets see… my high school four or five years ago severely limited my content (had to be vulgar in indiscreet ways), Myspace and Facebook butchered the size and shrunk my text and dialogue, Newgrounds still hasn't scouted me so my content isn't readily available… Mostly Drunk Duck is my choice because it does EVERYTHING right. Kudos DD!

happymouse
happymouse
Posted at

i chose drunkduck cause i heard some great things about it and i read some great comics here so i decided, why not join.
so i joined and im still here cause everyone is nice and its just a great site.

hitagashi
hitagashi
Posted at

My reason is because no matter how much I love SmackJeeves, I heard DrunkDuck is more friendly. The people on SJ tend to be rude and so I'm kind of wary of updating there. Also, they have developed a new rule that kind of irks me because sometimes when I draw my characters look way too young for their age and I don't want to get reported. >>

If I had to choose a site to host my comic on if I redid everything I think it'd be DD because even though it's kind of confusing to me (just joined yesterday) I prefer the way it's set up.

Posted at

My reasons are the same as hitagashi's >u>;
I'm a little worried about the changes to the ToS over at smackjeeves and maybe one day my comics (once they start containing adult content in the future) might no longer be accepted there. I'd heard a lot of good things about DD and thought I'd check it out and I was very happy to see there's an Adult rating for comics so I immediately decided to join. Even though my comics don't really have Adult content yet, I was very eager to show my works here anyway C:

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.