Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
WizWar100
WizWar100
Posted at

I chose it because the hosting is free and I don't have my own site? :)
Oh a friend recommended that I use this site

Denethor
Denethor
Posted at

For one thing, you can just log in and start uploading. I remember another site that demanded you apply for a comic at the same time you create your user name. Form filling pain in the rear.

Two, uploading is a breeze. It's practically photobucket with a timed delay.

Three, customizeable web design, yet still decent looking templates for lazy people (like me).

Four, I was introduced by Cooltendo. I can't get enough of his comic.

Five, it's free.

smbhax
smbhax
Posted at

Just seemed like a pretty cool and friendly place, and the variety of comics and people is great. I was browsing around various comics and was really impressed by the positive vibe and the volumes of feedback people can get here.

I have my comic on my own site and deviantART, like a lot of other people in this thread, but as they've said also, it's nice to have it somewhere where people are really into comics specifically.

Posted at

I TRIED joining comic genesis, but it's like… kinda complicated to just make an account. ._.

Seconded. It asked for way too much information. I don't really get why they needed to know my address. D:

I joined DD because it was, out of all the comic hosting sites I tried out, the most user friendly, customizable, and community oriented. Plus, while there are tons of comics on here, it didn't make me feel like a little fish in a big pond. Plus, I've gotten a ton more readers on here than DA! Nothing against DA, but I think it is a little partial to fan art at times. It's hard to get noticed on there unless you draw something everyone wants to see.

I kinda think DD is the opposite (mostly.) People here appreciate originality, and it's a refreshing environment to work in. I've recommended all my comic writing friends to try it out ever since.

Posted at

I was introduced to this and was told to try it out. I actually like this site!

Posted at

I've been reading comics on DD for awhile and I had heard it was easy to get your comic up, unlike comic genesis.

KBGleason
KBGleason
Posted at

The signup process was easy. I stayed because the uploading process was also easy. I'm a lazy bum.

I haven't actually had HORRIBLE trouble with ComicGenesis… everything's just slow, and through my own fault my comic updates a day late there. But I understand and have access to everything I "need" there.

Metruis
Metruis
Posted at

Hi! I'm back, and currently actually hosting a comic on DrunkDuck. I'm mainly a supporter of ComicGenesis (being a coder, DrunkDuck makes me want to tear out my fingernails because it's made for 'easy' and 'instant') and I'm even a member of a good host–being as my main comic is hosted on SpiderForest…

So why am I here, hosting a comic on DrunkDuck?

I would say it's a social experiment. I've noticed as a trend that members of DrunkDuck get a lot more active readers than members of ComicGenesis. The fact that four people have rated my comic since I put it up last night would support my point. ^_^ Basically, I've noticed that DrunkDuck seems to support people who try new and interesting things, and where I'd drown in a crowd of anime manga fanart on DeviantArt, get ignored on ComicGenesis… plus I take an interest in the reactions and interactions of people and want to get a better idea of how people will react to this story…

…No, wait, I'm just an attention whore. I want comments. Never mind. D:

But yeah, I've already gotten more comments here than I would have on DA. (sigh) I'm mainly giving it a try because I'm not too serious about my new comic (it's on the side mainly for fun) and just wanted to hop into a community instead of dumping it to suffer in the interwebs forever. Apparently it works!

Posted at

I joined DD cause it looked fun and simple to use, which it really is. That and the community looked great and it's small so you know you'll get noticed unlike Deviantart.

TokyoRose
TokyoRose
Posted at

I came here becuase I heard a lot about it on Deviant art. It truely is the most user friendly place out of all the others I have researched. What keeps me here is the fact that there are so many super wonderful and talented people of all skill levels and no one ever bashes another, which is so nice to see. Plus it's a good way to get your work out there and hopefully be noticed. I love it here and will probably never leave, unless I'm forced to. XD If I had to do it over again? Oh yeah…I would so come back again.

Vegeta1056
Vegeta1056
Posted at

I came here because I had been reading comics on here for quit a while. So a couple days ago I started a sprite comic called Mobius Legends and I that's when I decided to join.

Posted at

I came on here because my friend's comic was on here, and then I decided to post my own comics :)

Cousac
Cousac
Posted at

Hey all;

I joined way back just to be able to comment on some comics. I tend to use RSS feeds to keep track of my faves, I was managing my feeds one day and noticed that 90% were hosted by drunk duck. Huh i said :) Anyway I needed to vent my frustrations at work and desperately needed to find some humor in it and thus made my first comic EVER! It was easy to start a comic and just as easy to put up the first page and every page after that. I'm up to 4 pages and everytime it was instantaneous upload. I read comments/ forums posts on "those" other web hosters and good god they were either infantile, illiterate, elitist, pseudo-elitist, or exclusive.

Here is a sense of community. Kind of Howdy neighbor I baked you you a pie welcome to the neighborhood kinda feeling. All the tutorials and forum posts were super helpful and all the mods and admins are super nice. Sooooooooo, I'm here to stay!!!

Posted at

You know that's an easy one

It's really easy to get.

I'm not one of those people who can sit there for hours on in trying to figure out why my comic html isn't working.

I'm a very basic person, not lazy, just basic. So when I tried to get a comic genesis account it was like hell. o.o I didn't get it, the coding and the admin sites.

But here at DrunkDuck, it's very simple and very easy to use just for people who want to post their comics. Not jump through hoops and fires and flames.

So thanks DD for making it simple

o2112
o2112
Posted at

To be honest I'm just starting out, and aside from private sites, I've only ever known of Keenspot (and the former Keenspace) and of here.
There's also Zudo and Comic Genesis but they intimidate me. - o-' ^_^'

Drunkduck seems to be the most user friendly so far. With friendly users? I'm sure that's the case, and I'll be happy to see. :3

AshleeS
AshleeS
Posted at

I'm pretty sure I remember this right… My memory's a little fuzzy. I joined about 5 years ago? I was around 12 or 11. Anyway, help me remember (Drunkduck brings out the memory loss in me): didn't the site go screwy, and people had to repost their comics?

Gosh, I just can't remember if it was this site or not… Quite a few sites I've been to have accidentally lost everything, so…

Posted at

The easy uploading. Definitely. I had a look at Keenspace, and the instructions for uploading a page made my brain cry. <_<

I love being able to edit the code for the layout, too. I wouldn't have a chance if I was doing it from scratch, but it was pretty fun to turn one of the default layouts into something customized.

Also: comments. I've never been able to work out how to put a comment form on something like Keenspace. Thank you for including comment forms, DD people. XD

Posted at

I found out about this site while reading a book about photoshop techniques I bought. Later on, before one of the major wipes, I had a small comic which got canceled due to school and the fact that it was blocked. [stupid high school]

Oddly, I cant believe I didn't come back earlier, I love this place! The friendly people, the harsh but constructive critiques, the chance to see budding artist with comics full of hope and dreams….

*Gives a happy sigh* ^-^
-Konata

Posted at

I did some research, and DD seemed both the easiest to use and the most trafficked. The rating and comment systems also seemed optimal…

Posted at

Take aaa look
It's iin aaa book

Haha that was my first thought too, Sub.

"Once you have mastered the art of photoshop… u can totally start a comic on drunkduck!! rofl"

benjin
benjin
Posted at

I seeked for a hoster that's not that picky with mature comics.
In my country (germany) the law is very restrictive if it goes to weird nudity that could 'endanger young peoples social or intellectual development'. That means you need a really safe and officially checked age verifying system. That means that it only works for germans. if ever. That means that I could not find any webhoster that's not restricting private homepages to non-adult content.
All that for a damn comic.
I decided to take the easy way and publish it in a foreign country.
Cru the DwarF lend my way to DD.

Gamniac
Gamniac
Posted at

a friend I met at DA was hosts a comic here.
I figured "what the heck?", and dropped by.

informus
informus
Posted at

actually, i just joined yesterday. ^^;

well, signing up seemed simple enough..and why get another comic site when you already found one lol. gotta thank demi for doing a meme so i could find her account and make my way here :D

the people here (i know its been spammed in this forum, but its true really) seem really nice, and actually comment on comics. ive seen some with simple stick figures and be commented on, so i think my chibi style will be greeted with love…i hope

mikemacdee
mikemacdee
Posted at

I just joined today. I'm not actually hosting my coming on the site yet – I'm using a google site at the moment. I've just been surfing the webcomic communities, hoping to find one I'd feel at home in, and found out about DD through playful badmouthing on other forums. Came over to see what the hubbub was about and….well, so far it looks nicer than Comic Genesis, which I joined earlier this week.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.