Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Well, while I was finding a webcomic host to post my comic attempts such as "The Lamers" and "Random Comic Time", I chose DrunkDuck. Of course, that was during the time before this excellent webcomic host went down for quite a long time.

Posted at

I chose drunk duck because this is the site I first read Tony TH who moved to the middle ground site and I became a member of that site later. He started here and I thought my first comic should start here as well.

MINIMATTY
MINIMATTY
Posted at

It's free lol and it's just a realy great site.

Posted at

Some of my favorite comics are on here, I heard good things about this place and I'm trying to start up several comics so I ended up here.

And it's free!

Dave7
Dave7
Posted at

I originally applied at Comicgenesis, but withdrew for two reasons: 1). I'm very bad with html and 2). Their server was just a nightmare. Then I turned to Transplant Comics, but found out that you have to already have a website and several pages put out, and there was a lengthy application process.
Then I found Drunk Duck, which let me start right away.

And it's all free.

Posted at

Greetings…

I popped onto Drunk Duck because Allen from Due East suggested it. I also recognized it because Jim of the Green Lama had posted in a Comic Genesis forum, and he has his hosted here as well.

Probably the key advantage is the ability to comment on any comic at any time. It allows for a higher level of feedback. The trophies are kinda fun, too.

ShinGen
ShinGen
Posted at

I joined way back in the day (Like a few years back) To start a comic with my at the time g/f. Lost my account info, lost my girl, came back to try on my own. Phailed. Left for a while, came back for my third try. They say it's a charm and the little Irish guy from the commercial seems to like his charms a lot so I have hopes for false happiness.

Posted at

I joined the Duck cuz I needfed a place to host my comic and this was the only place I could host my comic for free without giving out too mcuh personal info. :)

Posted at

I attended the Wizard World Chicago panel and wanted to check out the community, and hopefully find some new web comics to read. If I'm able to spread the word about my own projects in the meantime, well…bonus!

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

Why did I chose Drunkduck? Becuase its for free, was available, and was easy to enter and such.

Would I do it all over again? Probably, it is for free. ^_^

Jonko
Jonko
Posted at

I'm here because Kristen (creator of Misfit Assassins, also my roommate), convinced me to start my comic, and this is where she was. Good choice I must say.

Posted at

I actually just googled 'comic hosting' and this came up on page fourteen.

pretty amazing story, huh?

nigbun
nigbun
Posted at

My sister found it and when I started my comic she said I should post it here instead of deviantART because it's a more comic-specific community.
Now it's my main site for my comic because it's so easy to use and you don't get flamed every two seconds ^^

The features of this site are great too, I love keeping track of how many people read my comic~
And the Live Date system is handy for if you're going on holiday~

fourobs
fourobs
Posted at

well I satarted on pixistrips but well that sucked so I got a file here because I did`nt no much about the others If I were to start over I would still pick DD that or comicspace

Armagedon
Armagedon
Posted at

I learned about this place from a friend who has a comic on here. Figured it worked well for him, so maybe it would for me :D

jazzy
jazzy
Posted at

My friend told me about DD actually. I'm pretty computer illiterate, and he gave me every assurance that drunkduck.com would make it easy for me to get my work out there.
This site is very user friendly. I'm an idiot. If I can do it, anyone can. Also, I'm diggin' the whole feedback aspect of the site. It's nice to hear what people think.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Basically I got to DD through IRC. I used to hang out in some channel, and then I got told that everyone was in #drunkduck, so I went there.
Then I found out that DD was a webcomic hosting site, so I checked that out, and well, here I am.

I think I stuck around because it's easy to use, there's a big community of other artists and readers, and if you're lucky, a bunch of them will read your comic and give you feedback.

So yeah, that's basically it. I'm Rutger, by the way, nice to meet you.

Posted at

It looks easy to use, friendly and ducks are funny.
It also comes with a nifty template for the html until I can be bothered to make a proper one! Though other sites may have this too.. so hey.

This one is nice though, and very tollerant / accepting of new webcomic makers - i.e. me (:

okamimako
okamimako
Posted at

Well, was on Keenspace, first, but it was like hell trying to figure out how to maneuvre through that, plus there was absolutely no chance of much comic promotion outside of going to the forums and bugging everyone about it. Then I went to dA, which had a much friendlier uploading, but had very little comic support. Then I decided to find out where Lesbian Pirates was hosted, and… here I am, with the wonderful idiot/lazy friendly layout and the ability to make your comic page look halfway decent without knowing a speckle of HTML.

jagris
jagris
Posted at

A few of my favourite artists are on here, and I tried a couple of other sites - like Comic Genesis - with my last project, but I didn't have much luck navigating through their crazy forms.

Posted at

I was actually split between hosting here and hosting at Comic Genesis, but I ultimately decided on Drunk Duck. The interface is much easier to use and navigate through, and the community is much more friendly. Also, it's a godsend for people who are CSS-stupid, like myself.

Duo
Duo
Posted at

I visited this site about 10 times a day anyway, so it seemed like a good idea

Otamie
Otamie
Posted at

this is the only site that actualy was INVITING me to post a comic here, most other hosting sites don't realy give of that vibe. Infact i just joined so that i could comment on the comics which i was already reading, but now im thinking of posting my main manga on here XD

Posted at

I chose Drunk Duck because I'm being held at a gun point.

Seriously man. Save me.

Don't actually have a comic yet actually but I'm hoping that will soon change.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

I chose Drunk Duck because I'm being held at a gun point.

Seriously man. Save me.

Don't actually have a comic yet actually but I'm hoping that will soon change.

It's like a T-Rex. Don't move, and eventually it'll go away.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.