Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

after searching other webcomics sites, this one seemed to better fit our manga. on this site, almost any type of genre is accepted.( and that's good since other sites seem more 'only-kid-friendly allowed') the layout is also nicer than most. plus this place is more active( and not overunned by youngsters like tokyopop)

Posted at

there's a lot of youn's, but we keep them in cages :)

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

there's a lot of youn's, but we keep them in cages :)

SECURITY BREECH! YOUNG'NS ON TEH LOOSE!

Posted at

I chose DD because I'm more or less technologically illiterate, and DD functions on a level of simplicity that I can handle. Also, the forums are awesome, and there's an air of friendly familiarity here; you get the impression that people aren't taking themselves so bloody seriously, which makes it easier for a newbie to settle in.

Also, have you seen the look on people's faces when you tell them you've got your comic on DrunkDuck? :) They do this "WTF did she just say? Drunk ducks? OMG! Think of the childrens!" and then try to diplomatically find out if your comic is about water fowl getting sloshed or not. Best way to break the ice evaaaar!

Fenn
Fenn
Posted at

I did a googily thing for free webcomic hosting, and DD came up on page 11. I checked out some of the other ones, but they seemed full of suck. So I signed up here.

Also, someone promised me cookies.

Posted at

i ate it…too bad.
we used to have a cookie system in the olden days, but it's gone now. i had a lot of cookies.

i also miss my forum monster….
i wish volte would put that back. it was cool cause it grew as you post more and he said that he was trying to find a way to make them fight.

lucky7s76
lucky7s76
Posted at

I had heard about it, read about it… now I guess I'm part of it! The other community I'm in is over at deviantART, but that's just art in general. Fan comics get a lot more attention there than originals, so I figured I'd try a site designed for webcomics. I guess you could say I chose it for more exposure?

karoneZXA
karoneZXA
Posted at

I pick drunk duck cause my frineds where on it but i have come to see that this site is not bad

emo hippie
emo hippie
Posted at

my brother told me about drunkduck so i made a profile and stared posting my comic.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Your avatar. It's a dancing GIR. It is the most awesome avatar ever. You have won the internets.

Posted at

Your avatar. It's a dancing GIR. It is the most awesome avatar ever. You have won the internets.

i agree with this

also to i host my comic here because i had nothing beter to do and this place seemed like fun when i found it. also my ideas where just siting in the corner getting dusty. sooooooo yeah :)

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Well I started putting them on Piczo, which sucks. So when I found this site. I thought I might aswell add them here. More visitors. and easier! I enjoy making people laugh!

HUZZAH! I'M A FREAK!

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

…I liked the DD name. It fit well with the theme of my comic. I like the fact that you don't need to be an expert at CSS and HTML to put up a webcomic here, unlike most places. ….And I was tired of getting the run-around with ComicGenesis and the 10-year-old assholes who habitate the forums over there. I mean, come on…a whole Wiki site just on how to build/edit my webpage?!? That's ridiculous.

Crocty hit it on the head. DD is just plain easier, which is all I wanted. Just give me a place where someone did the hard work for me, so I can post my comics and enjoy the show. …And DD did it. You guys rock. :)

kpanime
kpanime
Posted at

Dunno why but I'm sure it's my last hope for displaying my work.

Posted at

I found DD totally by accident. I've been looking for some place to host my comics, and so far have not found any place that has been as welcoming or as user friendly as this place. The people seem cool, and less hostile than other places I've seen. And I needed a place that was free and easy to use. I have not had really any time to upload much, (not even an avatar) but I will soon. Thanks!

ZiJing
ZiJing
Posted at

It seemed much easier to upload and format a webcomic here than with comicgen, who have this ungodly complicated way of uploading and formatting…..

And this place has such a welcoming feel to it. <3

Posted at

I found Drunkduck by accident too. I searched on Google "funny pokemon comics" and came across DD that way. What I really like about this site is it will show when you update and plus you get one friend when you sign up (which isn't a total dick), plus I recommend DD to one friend and he has a REALLY good and still going Halo comic (Halo Messed Up)

Djeinus
Djeinus
Posted at

My friend showed it to me, he was telling me about a comic he saw here on Drunk duck, and I sonn figured out, it was free, ANs it was easy to post here. That's all.

Posted at

why i chose drunk duck was cause alot of other sites require that you have an html and other stuff ready as well as the cash to add more space.
With drunk duck I don't have to go through the hassle of making a website they already have one made and ready.
Two there is no limit on how many comics you can put up weather they be rated for everyone or for adults.
Three if you don't like the webpage you guys would already have the html codes ready and to change. Html can be regular or css depending on what your good at
4 its easy to load up on comics, no hassle on which folder to put it in, no oops on deleting folders and its an easy click, type up, click and review.
5 updates are easy just choose a day you want your comic to come out weather it be weekly semi weekly or daily and I already have a month and 2 weeks worth of comics posted up semi weekly and the fun part is if you don't like the page or where the story is headed you can delete it a head of time and change it.
6 its free, no sign up and pay its literally free except for the stuff they sell but putting up a comic is free.

Hdub7
Hdub7
Posted at

My friend told me about it so I thought I'd try it out. Plus I was able to post my 24hr comic book challenge comic very easily.

valesse
valesse
Posted at

I was coersed (rather easily) by Creepy Carly, TheNewLuciefer, Mr. Riot, WingNut, Zac and Acadia at WWTx 2007. Thanks guys! : )

PyThomas
PyThomas
Posted at

The quail hypnotized me into doing so.

Actually, I decided to set one up here to simulcast the comics from my own website, at the recommendation of the Drunk Duck folks that were at Wizard World Texas last weekend.

Uziel
Uziel
Posted at

I found it after reading someone else's comic, and decided that the person that had offered me hosting previously had dropped the ball. It looked user-friendly enough and BOY was I right. I was able to upload all 20 comics in about an hour, with distractions.

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

I was looking for information on how to format webcomics and found a website that actually suggested this place as a hosting site along with others. This was the only one that I felt had a good atmosphere about it and not filled with a bunch of elitist assmongers.

I haven't been disappointed so far

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.