Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Rodwy
Rodwy
Posted at

I joined because me and a friend started making comics around the same time but he was more successful than me as he released his here. So I decided to start here, I quickly built up a base and was getting stable amounts of many pageviews every release. I loved it, although after some problems and me changing the comic style and not releasing issues on time I ended it. I hope being more involved in the community will help me in future endeavors.

cool guy
cool guy
Posted at

I joined to upload comics cuz I just got my scanner.I found this site on MadMaddie's DA,she had drawings of Rummoli on her DA and the link to the comic was in the description so I clicked it and joined.The first comic I read was called "Beer Noodles"I forgot who it's from but it was funny.I joined sometime last year in december.

Posted at

My friend said "Let's do a comic together." She already had an account here.

It's nice to upload pages so early. I get paranoid around "communities" and am usually unable to get involved in them, but the one here seems to be all right (hence, first post). Hopefully that's the case!

As for doing a comic, having a regular deadline is very helpful. It's good to be forced to draw, just for the sake of practice…

Starbraces
Starbraces
Posted at

I need some artistic outlet as well as gathering more visual inspiration… Also I'm a huge fan od cartoons and comics. I even go to animation school. So, yeah. I spend 80% of my days (while I'm not at school, like today) either TALKING about cartoons or watching it

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

I was surfing my intranats when I saw Lefarce and Tater Salad flaming some poor spriter. That's when I knew that this was the place for me.

Because you totally became that spriters replacement.

Posted at

Allen from DueEast suggested I try the community. I did, I liked it, I stayed. DD is now my primary because of said community.

Posted at

For a place to put my crappy drawings, but then I got an awesome artist for Heroes by Hand, so that plan sort of fell through. In a good way. :)

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

For all the sexy babes.

that and i followed literacysuks1 through his signature on another message board.

Zephyrion
Zephyrion
Posted at

I joined Drunk Duck as I(As I am sure happens for many others) often think of witty or silly things, while reading webcomics. Yet I am too lazy to register on every forum of webcomics that this happens with, and I tend to forget about and neglect the forums that I do join. Now With Drunk Duck I immediately noticed the ability to leave comments, and as several comics hosted on DD were in my browser favorites list, I figured why not make an account.

Now I leave a rating here leave a rating there, sometimes say something stupid, or try to add some constructive critisism, but occasionally one of my comments is able to make the Creators and commenters of the webcomics I read laugh.

Now I don't write stories or draw, but if my witty remarks, can get even a chuckle out of those who give quality entertainment away for free, it makes me feel like I've given something back and that makes my day.

Also procrastination, this site is ever an aid in putting things off till the last minute.

So Here I am on Drunk Duck and the list of comics I regularly read here keeps expanding I come across new webcomics to enjoy, and old ones which I read elsewhere but now find mirrors of here to comment on.

Yes I am aware of the Irony of talking about my aversion of forums, yet posting this in a forum. This is actually my first time going into DD's forums even though I've been reading strips here for years, in fact I have never even lurked on these forums before the day I make this post.

Posted at

*ahem*

Sit back, children, and hear the Epic Tale of how Magicklorelai came to the Duck!!

…Okay, so, maybe it's not that epic. xD I did travel quite a ways to get to this point, and I started on the path years ago.

I've always done two things since I was little; draw and write. Of course, the best integration of both (to me, at that time anyway) was in writing/drawing comics. My earliest comics have since been burned, so unfit were they to ever grace human sight. Back in the early years of the internet, when I was still on a dialup connection in my mother's living room, a friend introduced me to webcomics by linking me first to Penny Arcade, and Megatokyo. From there, I searched around, read about half of Keenspot, poked around Keenspace(to be eventually named Comic Genesis), and found myself inspired to want to do a webcomic of my own.

Alas, I was not a very skilled artist. In fact, before I started eyeballing a friend and fellow-artist's work to emulate it, my art was… it was bad, folks. Real bad. There's a reason they no longer exist! In my little sketchbooks, I did comics, with no place to host them online.

Finally, in my freshman year of college, I explored Keenspace as an option. No go; the uploading was impossible for me, and I couldn't code a template to save my life. I ended up with about three or four pages of a half-assed comic on a blank white page, with no way to get feedback on my work. A friend of mine suggested I check out Drunk Duck, where she'd hosted her art before. This was back in January of 2006.

Ah! Finally! A place where I could easily upload my pages, get feedback, AND make the page look snazzy without a degree in HTML coding! Beyond that, there really was a sense of community, instead of "just another hosting site." To this day, I still experiment with comic making, and often try to start a comic without going very far with it. (My main focus, Ialus, I've actually redone a few times…but I'm happy with it's current incarnation!)

For the TL;DR crowd: I wanted to make a webcomic, looked around for a hosting site, and a friend recommended The Duck to me.

Thus ends the Epic Tale behind MagickLorelai's obscure/largely reclusive existence on Drunk Duck. I shall now retreat back into my tiny corner of the net, where I lurk and feed on comments. Adieu!

warefish
warefish
Posted at

Tichicken got me to join. He saw my comics and suggested DD to me. I started off making DoP (Dungeons on Paper) but no one understood the concept apart from my friends…
So I experimented with a different art style and created RP (Red Point).

Djeinus
Djeinus
Posted at

Pancakes! It was the pancakes!

It had free free hosting, and it was easy to update.

Molechan
Molechan
Posted at

It was free, it had feedback. xD What more can I say?

I've hosted my comics on my own sites, you know, for the sake of at least feigning professionalism, but it's hard to do without feedback. I saw DrunkDuck, and thought I'd join since someone had brought it up several years ago. I sadly can't remember who that person was…probably wasn't a member, just some random dude who wanted to be helpful. xD;

Soyeah.

Posted at

I love this site… I honestly wouldn't know what to do without it. Drawing comics has always been my hobby but I'm to lazy to do anything substantial with my talents. Drunkduck gives me an outlet where I can share my creations with my peers and also give me lots of great stories to read!

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

I needed a free place to put up my Rumbles comic, and this was the first hit I got with Google.
The rest is history.
Very odd history.

Zang One
Zang One
Posted at

I JOINED WHAT!?!?!? D8<

Oh yea, DD.

Comicgen has a R-tarded signup process and DD keeps updating at a nice, steady 7th grade lvl so i dont have to think to hard and get nosebleeds.

Plus it had a drunk duck on the banner…i mean COME ON. An inebriated waterfowl? I HAD to join.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.