Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Free hosting.

God honest, the community meant nothing to me at first.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

How I joined DrunkDuck, and how I got my name are related, so I'll tell both stories.

First, it all started about three years ago. I was a huge miniatures nerd, and collected them. I saw this and nearly fainted from fanboy excitement. Anyway, because of it, I google'd "Cthulhu" and found this. I registered as Cthulhu. Then, one day, we were talking about the Grim Reaper, so I google'd "The Grim Reaper" and found Life and Death. I looked around DrunkDuck, liked it, and registered.

Posted at

I bet I can tell a better story than Cthulhu.

It all started when a friend showed me Newgrounds. I became addicted to Flash animation. Then one day I stumbled upon this. I was all "lol so randum xD" and I followed the link to the comic at the very end. It brought me to http://www.the-avatar.com. I loved this comic. I read through the entire archives ten times. So then one day I registered on the forum. Other readers of the Avatar would converse about anything. Truly this was my first "Top Drawer". (And a better one.) Dazi, a prominent member of the forum, created a comic. It was hosted at a site known as Drunk Duck. I looked around the site, and the many comics it had to offer. I realized that even my poorly compressed MSP comics could be a lighthouse in the sea of sprites. So it was decided: I would create a comic called Atom Apple. I filled out the basic information of my comic.

Well, I thought I did anyway. That's how I got my username…

That was years ago.

And I still haven't created a worthwile comic.

Hmm.

mfc
mfc
Posted at

I don't remember why I joined, really.

I started out with a comic called "Miso Soup" that didn't really work out here, so I started a different comic– and it sort of evolved into this one called "Slice of Life," which I adore to no end.

That, and I just needed somewhere to post my comic– and what better place than the potentially largest community of comic artists on the net? =)

Posted at

Well i didn't really join for a special reason or anything, my friend told me about it, i signed up and went from there

Posted at

Considering I barely used my account when I first made it…
I guess the reason I first joined it, is so people could critique my comics. Back when I drew them on lined paper, inked them with sharpies, and colored with colored pencils.

Then I realized it was time to move on, which was about in February that I started the project known as Ryu's Krew.

And here I am.
:3

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Like eight years ago, I'm this high-school kid who's all "Lookit me, I'm so awesome and fancy because I can kinda draw." And, my buddy's all like "Ooh, lookit me, I can draw better, but ain't as fancy, we need someplace to put up our drawin's" And neither of us are using "g" at the end of words ending in "ing" because we're too freakin' Southern. Sos I, being so technically minded and computer savvy, run a search, maybe google, on "free comics" "free comic hosting" "webcomic hosting" etc and find Drunkduck. I promptly forget about it for a couple of months and then go "Oh, yeah, I found this site, but I forgotted it." and have to do the search again. This time I actually make an' account and bang out a comic. Now, I'm still here.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

A lifetime ago I shared a house with an independent comic writer and he taught me how to write (and draw) for comics, though I never did until about three years ago when I started doing photocomics.

I then encountered someone who told me about a free comic hosting site so I could get a free home as opposed to the site I pay for. http://flamingcoffin.com/Even is the other one is mine, all mine. (cue manical laughter)

ipokino
ipokino
Posted at

I have been creating erotic comics for about ten years, but never had anywhere to post them. My own website was so darn hard to maintain and update…and it was expensive. After letting my website lapse, I just made comics until last year when the urge to put my work out into the world just took over. I checked around on deviantart, and ran into Rose's work and the blurb for Drunkduck. So I started in here. However, after posting one of my erotic works for a month or so, I started to pay attention to the community of DD. Suddenly my erotic work seemed a bit out of place (even though there is lots here) and fortunately I had a comic "Robot Wars" that filled the bill. So I deleted my erotic work, and went with RW. Haven't looked back. I like it here on DD, and I like being socially 'responsible'

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

I was surfing my intranats when I saw Lefarce and Tater Salad flaming some poor spriter. That's when I knew that this was the place for me.

Posted at

I think it was to flame someone for making a sprite comic on a webcomic website. That's when I realised that this website tolerates them.

sadTakara
sadTakara
Posted at

Cause it was easy xD Makes it sound like a one night stand.

I really can't remember since I joined long ago, and have worse memory than an 80 year old Dx

But even now its easy. Plus I know how to work the html :D Oh wait..that falls into easy..

simonitro
simonitro
Posted at

I joined the duck race because it's a duck that can sent comic pages to everyone around the world. :D My interpretation of comic hosting.

The duck is awesome. Hail the duck!

Scheiden
Scheiden
Posted at

Because I was looking for a website to host my comics. I was also searching for people who'd be able to like my works without me, jumping into the bandwagon. (ex: yaoi, romance, etc).

No offense to the people who like those things though. I guess I was just thinking that I just 'might' be able to do something a little more than that… and people would appreciate my small effort to be a little more unique.

But then again.

I'm unique, just like everyone else.

Soooooo yeaaaaaah…

DD IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

Hoolo
Hoolo
Posted at

Right now, I joined Drunkduck because I was bored and I have no life.

But I just *might* make comics later.
I don't know

Biz3
Biz3
Posted at

I had already for a while been looking around for a proper place to host a webcomic of mine, even gone as far as considering the option of renting an online domain. Fortunately, though, I stumbled across the deviantART page of the author of the "Ants" and "Compozerz" webcomics, and from there found my way to Drunk Duck.

Posted at

Zac told me to start a webcomic….so I did and I failed abysmally at it. Then I just revived the account after deleting my old comic and starting up my current one :3

Sorry dull story -_-'

Amelius
Amelius
Posted at

My friend Noel made me do it! I had brought my comics to a Christmas party at my friend Lynn's (aka DreamDutchess)place back in 2003, and by that point there was already over 500 pages stuffed in a crappy falling-apart binder. Noel had a comic here already (long lost in the big crash, it was called "Suicideology" ) and suggested that I put my comics online. Being a little unfamiliar with the internet at the time (I kid you not, and I had dial-up up until this year to boot!)I barely even knew the right way to use a search engine! Noel gave me two addresses to check out: Drunkduck, and DeviantArt. I visited DD and didn't even bother to check out DA until almost a year later, because I was quite impressed with it and begged my parents to let me get an account. I didn't want to do this half-hearted, and I needed them to buy the platinum account for me so all the features would be available. All you post-Duckpocalypse members get those same features for free now!(I didn't mind helping the site by paying though)
And as of January 6, 2004, I've been a member. I didn't even look for alternative hosting when DD crashed, because I was certain it would rise from the ashes like a great green besotted phoenix. And then it did, woohoo!

Long story short: It was the first one I saw, and it was love at first 'site!

Posted at

I joined DruckDuck because it's here. That and because I had nowhere else to go.

picatrix
picatrix
Posted at

I was drawn by the strong community… which is a little funny considering how long it's taken me to get off my butt and post in the forums here ^-^;

KingRidley
KingRidley
Posted at

I joined because my old sprite community was dead, and I need a newer active one.

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

I joined DD because I was bored and curious one day, so I stumbled upon this site. I was inspired to create a webcomic of my own after reading a few webcomics on the front page. Also, I got hooked to several webcomics on this site which caused me to spend hours reading comics in my spare time :3.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.