Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

What category do you make comics under? Is it fantasy, horror or sci-fi? After that, is it comedic, serious or random?

With me, both Enter the Ducks are under the Action Adventure, though the first was a comedy while the second was serious. Warriors of the Night is horror and serious. GG is pretty self explanatory.

What about you guys?

Eunice P
Eunice P
Posted at

I Come From Mars - Sci-fi/Humor
Vampire Overlords - Fantasy/Random
Short Story Comics - Other/Random

Posted at

Magical Mania: Action/Comedy (the serious kind of humor… I have an Mulder-type humor.)

Aurorean Tales: Scifi/Drama

Posted at

Political comedy with occasional weirdness thrown in.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

They need a new category for the stuff I make, or just abstract surrealism.

Posted at

Simple Awesomness: Sprite, comedy.
The Adventures of Sludgey: Other, comedy.

Gregory
Gregory
Posted at

Jackson Pollock was an abstract artist. Salvador Dali was a surrealist. Have you ever read 5ideways? That's a pretty bitchin' work of surrealism.

I have to Humor - Comedy comics, which is disgustingly repetitive in my opinion, but it's tough to file it away anywhere else. Telenarius is listed under Fantasy - Serious.

2,032 comics have a comedic "Tone" to them. 153 comics are Humor - Comedy. 917 fantasy comics, 294 of which are serious. We've got 3,886 comics on the Duck. This is interesting to me…

Posted at

Seven.

Yes, seven political comics on DD, and only 4 of them updated this month.

Small but fierce, that's us!

Gregory
Gregory
Posted at

10 Crime/Noir
7 Spiritual (Elijah and Azuu having over 5 times as many pages as the other 6 combined)
2 Western (Both comics total 37 pages)
841 Sprite comics (96 of which have over 50 pages)

Here's something to chew on: We have 99 happy haunts here at Drunk Duck, but there's always room for one more.

Disney references aside, these statistics are fascinating. I might have to set aside an afternoon to really wade through them.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I just changed mine to "action adventure" "serious"… But it doesn't fit in there any better than it did in SciFi :(
There's a serious political and social message, but I have comedy, SciFi elements, sexy looking characters, war…

Posted at

Wolf: Fantasy/Random (cos you can never tell with characters like Zoe and Davey… and I am not sure fantasy cuts it really…)

In Session: Real Life/Comedy

marine
marine
Posted at

penis is a real life/serious comic
vinhead is spirtual/serious comic
and the other two are also real life/serious comics

All of my comics are serious buissness. Also they are apropriate for all ages.

Priceman
Priceman
Posted at

Silvershot -> Fantasy/Random

shadowmagi
shadowmagi
Posted at

AOTF iiis.. i have no idea what it it specifically is :P a mix of comedy, serious, adventure, romance, fantasy, scifi..? o_0

I think i put it under Fantasy and Other/Random ^^"

And under "mature" cuz i only censor myself so far before i say "screw it" and draw whatever i want, but refrain from anything explicit. (just dont got in in me~!)

Posted at

Sanguem Deus is more of a Fantasy Action Adventure. There shall be blood shed. I have to have blood, or I'm not satisfied. :D It will have serious and comedic moments, so I chose random. It's also Mature cause there will be violence and some loving up hints.

WingNut
WingNut
Posted at

Is Real-life/comedy with a healthy serving of totally bizarre a genre?

Because if so, thats me.

Posted at

Real-life/comedy for me too please. With a little mixture of bizarre, although not as bizarre as Wingnuts of course. ;)

WingNut
WingNut
Posted at

Real-life/comedy for me too please. With a little mixture of bizarre, although not as bizarre as Wingnuts of course. ;)

Trust me man, if your comic was as strange as mine, I would look into professional help. :D

MrColinP
MrColinP
Posted at

I am surprised (and pleased) to say that my comic is one of the few straight superhero books I've seen around here. And on top of that, it's a comedy.

Posted at

I just switched Heaven vs Hell's category from Fantasy to spiritual. This is mainly because I feel special being the second most read in a category, despite my poor readership. :D

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.