Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Monstro
Monstro
Posted at

Straight up Tomato and mayo. nothing else. or sometimes I substitute the tomatos with bread and butter pickles.

D: I'm hungry now

Posted at

You CANNOT buy a good sandwich… I'm sorry, it's lazy eating and shouldn't be done.

AGREED!! and plus, with fast food, they tend to go with the lowest quality in the food sometimes to save up on cost, or it's not quite fresh at all and were pre-frozen, etc.

I make my own sandwiches, and I also have an sandwich press machine for when I want to heat my sandwiches and melt the cheese inside.

I have like a dozen favorite combination for my sandwiches.

I change up the meats and the different varying cheeses, but my method is always the same. I also tend to put in different meats together in the sandwich at times to give it more flavor and texture.

My method:

place cheese of your choice on top of the bottom bread. and put it in the sandwich press, but don't close the press yet, and just keep on building the sandwich there on it.

and when you start building the sandwich… go in this order– Meat, cheese, meat, cheese, and then meat. sometimes add the last cheese next.

put the other bread slice on top, and then press down using the sandwich press.

My favorite single combination, though would have to be this…

Chicken, turkey, and bacon which is layered between two types of cheese–provolone and Swiss cheese. sometimes I use montery jack cheese instead of Swiss to give it a little bit of tang.

When the cheese is melted in the sandwich, it makes for a really perfect sandwich that cannot be beat at all. :)

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

Vegemite! You people have got it all wrong… MARMITE is where it's at. Far superior to Vegemite in every way imaginable, not to make lite of the fact that vegemite is made by Kraft which is an evil corporation, where as Sanitarium is comparibly squeeky clean… oh and Marmaite tastes 3 times better! at least

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

all your sandwiches pale in comparision to my almighty steak-wich!

i once had a veggie sand which, and it was amazingly not bad. i'm not one to go for a food without meat. i thought the sprouts would taste like grass but it didn't

Posted at

for some un-understandable(or standable) reason, I am in love with Meatball Marinara Subway Subs. I Eat Fresh ever time ;)

waff
waff
Posted at

one of my favorite sandwiches is worryingly (atleast according to ryan)a pre-packaged chicken-and-pork-stuffing sandwich.

Posted at

I don't like fast food sandwiches, but restaurant sandwiches are usually very nice. :]

However the most satisfying sandwiches come from something already described here, 'sandwich night' where you go to the store and buy all conceivable sandwich things and build yourself some yummies. Nice crusty bread is a must, a good sandwich is all about the bread. (I prefer sourdough, which England does not do properly.)

If course, if you're just one person, it's difficult to do that because then you have a ton of stuff left over and psychologically, it's not as nice to keep eating the same sandwiches for 4 days.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Seriously guys, Vegemite is where it's at.
You can live off those.

I agree with Skool about bread though. What you need to do is have a good section of different kinds of bread and just have Vegemite on ALL of it! That way you get some variety ;)

Use margarine as a base though, the kind with all the fat, cholesterol, and salt still in it. It's way better than butter or anything else. :P

Posted at

If course, if you're just one person, it's difficult to do that because then you have a ton of stuff left over and psychologically, it's not as nice to keep eating the same sandwiches for 4 days.

that's why I often do different meat and cheese combations :)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

that's why I often do different meat and cheese combations :)
Vegemite goes great with that too. ;)

gullas
gullas
Posted at

At the pizza/restaurant place I work, there was this huge chicken sandwich I had. One of the best I've ever had :)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

At the pizza/restaurant place I work, there was this huge chicken sandwich I had. One of the best I've ever had :)
Ah, they put Vegemite on the chicken, yes? :)

Posted at

Fav sandwitch…

1. Slice of bread.
2. Slice of something meat-based.
3. Some spicy ketchup.
4. Another slice of bread.

substitute something meat-based with something ELSE meat-based, optionally add some cheese.

Poor man's open sandwitch…

variant 1) Take a single slice of bread, spread butter, sprinkle with salt.
variant 2) As above, but sprinkle generously with sugar.

variant 1a "traditional") Substitute butter with… not sure the english name, but it's pig-based fat used for frying things… and then add salt.

Anything green in the sandwich? = unedible :P

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

pig-based fat used for frying things
Lard on a sandwich? o_O

We need to introduce Vegemite to Poland right away! o_o

Posted at

Lard on a sandwich? o_O

Lol, sure. Pretty much every small farm has pigs over here, even if they don't have cows. Or used to… anyway, you kill a pig, take the fat melt it on a frying pan, pour it into a jar and once it cools down, stuff it into the freezer/cool spot. And it lasts for months, unlike butter which goes bad in couple of days… there you go, supplies for the winter. You can use it to fry things, you can spread it on the bread (and I agree, alone it tastes terribly, with with salt added it's quite nice).

Also, as for the stuff to put on sandwiches. My aunt had her own unique recipee for pork. I don't know what she did with it exactly (I was a little kid back then) but the final product came from a glass jar. It was always delicious and the top was covered with this jelly (that you can sometimes find in canned meat)… I don't think I ever ate any tastier pork thing before or after that.

Posted at

For nostalgias sake, a ham sandwich with crusty bread and that weird yellow crumb I scrape off. Or a Marmite and Cream Cheese sandwich. Or chocolate spread and Peanut butter. Sandwiches are good…

Most people seem to be listing a main course in their sandwich!

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

FINALLY Somebody else who agrees that Marmite is THE SHIT!!! MOTHERFUCKING vegemite is evil… Marmite and chip sandwiches are AWESOME!!! another favourite is motherfucking peanutbutter (Not Kraft… Kraft is the DEVIL) and chip (Salt and vinegar flavour) sandwiches with BUTTER, not margerine!

Posted at

Lard on a sandwich? o_O

Lard… I think I can learn to like Vegemite.

Ryan_Scott
Ryan_Scott
Posted at

Take it from somebody who knows… lard is better than Vegemite!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Marmite is to Vegemite what Robbie Williams and Justin Timberlake are like to REAL rock musicians.

Vegemite is the REAL thing man. It's hardcore.

If you don't like Vegemite, you're just a poser. Nuff said. ;)

Posted at

Marmite is to Vegemite what Robbie Williams and Justin Timberlake are like to REAL rock musicians.

Vegemite is the REAL thing man. It's hardcore.

If you don't like Vegemite, you're just a poser. Nuff said. ;)

My cousin applied Marmite to a sandwich in the same manner as Vegemite-really thickly. He was coughing like hell.

This, I think shows, that Vegemite is for PUNY WEAKLINGS. Only real men handle Marmite!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

My cousin applied Marmite to a sandwich in the same manner as Vegemite-really thickly. He was coughing like hell.

This, I think shows, that Vegemite is for PUNY WEAKLINGS. Only real men handle Marmite!
Nah, that just shows that Marmite isn't real food. Ewwww.

Posted at

yeah I gotta agree with Ozone here, Marmite sucks, Vegemite is where it's at.
Although I only know (i think) one non-Australian who likes it, and he's Moroccan.

Posted at

yeah I gotta agree with Ozone here, Marmite sucks, Vegemite is where it's at.
Although I only know (i think) one non-Australian who likes it, and he's Moroccan.
Wow, I thought I'd never see an non-Aussie that likes it! I live in the US and you can't get Vegemite or Marmite here. I've eaten Vegemite only once and I have no idea if I'd like it if I'd try it again. I have no idea about Marmite.
(by the way, anyone notice the Firefox's spell check says that Marmite isn't a word but Vegemite is?)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

anyone notice the Firefox's spell check says that Marmite isn't a word but Vegemite is?)
That's why Firefox is such a high quality browser.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.