Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Civil War Discussion: General
Zac
Zac
Posted at

So far we have 2 banners made:
Each by the Illustrious HPKOMIC of HPKOMIC.com fame.

If you'd like, you can insert them into your signature on the forums, or you can use the template to make your own, like HPK did or Wingnut, for example.

This is going to be a great event! I'm looking forward to it. Thanks everyone for taking up the idea so readily!
More details and pages will be available soon!

-zac

MrRiot_Zac
MrRiot_Zac
Posted at

Quick tip for those who aren't UBB code savvy.

If anyone wants to link the Civil War comic in their sig
here's the code
INSERT IMAGE URL HERE

Except repalce the <'s and >'s with ['s and ]'s

Zac
Zac
Posted at

Just made this to display on your Comic page if you're participating.
:D

Images courtesy of Corytheterrible

WingNut
WingNut
Posted at

Here you go kids, here are some new ones. This is what happens when a bored Wingnut meets a fun idea.

You guys should know better. ;D

Banner for people's pages-

Side banners-

And you can do whatever you would like with these. :)

-W

MrRiot_Zac
MrRiot_Zac
Posted at

Eep! *Melts*
It's only been 48 hours since the original conception and we're already getting so much great stuff!

Awesome stuff WingNut. I guess we won't kill you first after all ;)

Liftoff in 10 Minutes. Are you ready for it?

WingNut
WingNut
Posted at

I figured some opposing powers would make this quite interesting.

Besides, gave me a chance to play around with my newfound skill in photoshop effects. ;D

-W

Zac
Zac
Posted at

Hey just a heads up
I'm going to make a smaller version of the participant banner, for those who need it in order to fit it on their page.

It should be up later.
It's bed time now.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Wow, you guys have done great with this stuff :)

Posted at

This is so compelling, how can a girl resist???

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

Time to make myself a banner.

vgman
vgman
Posted at

umm how do i join this war?

Dockworker
Dockworker
Posted at

Ok, I hate being a complete codetard, but, I want to insert the Civil War participant banner, and the Zac Roster into my comic's page. So far I've tried copying and pasting it into my raw html but it doesn't work. what am I doing wrong?
I give anyone who wants to respond permission to speak to me in a patronizing tone, as though you were talking to someone who was mentally challenged. Someone please just spell it out for me.
I eventually understood how to put the "I'm with Zac" banner in my forum comment tagline thing. but I'm lost on how to insert stuff into my comic page.

~Jon~

Dockworker
Dockworker
Posted at

I eventually understood how to put the "I'm with Zac" banner in my forum comment tagline thing. but I'm lost on how to insert stuff into my comic page.

~Jon~
can you tell me?!

I'll do my best!
-First your going to need to save one of the banners to your files.
-then go onto http://imageshack.us/ click browse, find the image you want in your files, and click "host it!"
-A bunch of URL links will come up, you need to copy one, I always use the "direct link to image"

-Now look a one of your forum posts where it says edit signature (at the very bottom)
-copy and paste this code into that space:
INSERT IMAGE URL HERE
with two changes; 1. replace all of the <'s and the >'s with ['s and ]'s 2. replace "INSERT IMAGE URL HERE" with the link that you copied in the third step

And that should be it!!

Zac
Zac
Posted at

You could always just copy the image location of one of the banners and then do the second step

;)

Dockworker
Dockworker
Posted at

You could always just copy the image location of one of the banners and then do the second step

;)

really? ok, apparently my way was long and unessacarily complex, but whatever. aslong as the banners get up and support is shown, I'm happy.

Zac
Zac
Posted at

;)

really? ok, apparently my way was long and unessacarily complex, but whatever. aslong as the banners get up and support is shown, I'm happy.

:D Whatever works! That's what I always say

Dockworker
Dockworker
Posted at

;)

:D Whatever works! That's what I always say

I agree, oh captain my captain.

Dockworker
Dockworker
Posted at

Ok, I hate being a complete codetard, but, I want to insert the Civil War participant banner, and the Zac Roster into my comic's page. So far I've tried copying and pasting it into my raw html but it doesn't work. what am I doing wrong?
I give anyone who wants to respond permission to speak to me in a patronizing tone, as though you were talking to someone who was mentally challenged. Someone please just spell it out for me.

~Jon~

Ok, I managed to figure out half of the equation on my own. I have the team roster up! but I'm still at a loss witht the participant banner. Can someone lend a hand?

Zac
Zac
Posted at

~Jon~

Ok, I managed to figure out half of the equation on my own. I have the team roster up! but I'm still at a loss witht the participant banner. Can someone lend a hand?

When I'm done working on this project, i'll hook you up :D

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.