Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Let's play a game shall we? Myxo'll probably use his crazy background drawing magic powers to create something cool, but he probably won't even see this thread. So the rest of you need to use your crazy background powers to beat his powers and with our

Posted at

Thanks everybody; It's good to know that my spontanious city looks well though out. ^_^

Also, Riot has an Unerwater base; that's just cool.

shisno15
shisno15
Posted at

Are we calling it Platinum Bay City or Platinum city? I agree with Pixie, Platinum City sounds the best.

Posted at

My design is sort of linked to the name being Platinum Bay. Also, I think the (Blank) city is overdone as far as fictional communities are concerened.

I'm in favor of Platinum Bay.

Freux
Freux
Posted at

This kind of reminds me of.. what was it.. Duckberg? Was that the name of the city in Duck Tales? You know, where scrooge mcduck's giant money bin was. I thiiink it was Duckberg. Correct me if I'm wrong. :P

Ooh! What was the name of the city where Darkwing Duck lived? Was that duckberg, too?

.. How did I get off topic?

Also, I kind of like willowanderer's idea. The whole nickname thing. Duck Bay DOES sound more like a city, I guess.

Posted at

I'm sorry; I know that you seem to think it makes more sense… but… Duck Bay? If you were naming a city would you call it Duck Bay?

It is possible, However, that the city is widely called Duck bay due to some hilarious historical story. But, in all comic seriousness; I really think that no one will use the name Duck bay without snickering just a bit.

ovion
ovion
Posted at

I'm English, living permanently in New Zealand.

BUT, although My Character bas is set underground somewhere on/insurroundingislands of NZ, and also has his own space cruiser, carriers, air force, fleet, space station…
Yeah, basically, it doesn't matter where it is, 2-4 hours and he can be there.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Alright, kiddies, let's keep out friendship hats on. This is everyone's city and we should take into account all suggestions. We need somesuch democratic way to get this solved, y'know a vote or tally or greco-roman wrestilng or putting it to an jury of judges or something.

Zac
Zac
Posted at

I figure this is where I pop in and say, YOU'VE DONE A GREAT JOB BRAIN STORMING.

I'll set up a vote later. But keep up the brainstorming ideas! It's coming out great.

Everything sounds awesome.
I personally like the Platinum Bay/Platinum City name.
;)

That map looks sweet!

Posted at

Platinum Bay sounds the best to me.

Is the vote gonna be held in the forums or put up on the DD front page? The first would let only people who are genuinely interested have their say and the second would leave the choice DD community as a whole and maybe encourage a few more people to get involved…

*Runs off to try and get her next comic page finished*

Posted at

I'm sorry; I know that you seem to think it makes more sense… but… Duck Bay? If you were naming a city would you call it Duck Bay?

It is possible, However, that the city is widely called Duck bay due to some hilarious historical story. But, in all comic seriousness; I really think that no one will use the name Duck bay without snickering just a bit.
Hence why tyhey always refur to it as the platimum city. ^_^
But honestly?
Platimum Bay sounds great!

Posted at

I figure this is where I pop in and say, YOU'VE DONE A GREAT JOB BRAIN STORMING.

I'll set up a vote later. But keep up the brainstorming ideas! It's coming out great.

Everything sounds awesome.
I personally like the Platinum Bay/Platinum City name.
;)

That map looks sweet!

Yay! My 30 minute map is good! <(^.^<) ^(^.^)^ (>^.^)>

Now I can only hope that opinion is Shared by the Guy I'm rooting for.

Mutation
Mutation
Posted at

When all else fails, spoof.
Duckham (like Gotham XD)
Or mimic real cities, capitals, etc..
Las Duckas
Duckelena
Duckoyo
Ducksilvania
Bosduck
New Duck
Duckattle

Otherwise, I'm fine with Platinum bay/city with the nickname of Duck bay.
(Maybe people get randomly attacked by ducks?)

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

wow that is one awesome map were like "starving artists on a grand scale", i guess we need other people to build in the "details" of specific areas. Hey maybe we could do that, people calling in dibs on different areas. Then people can reference it when they do their side story settings.

Just an added thought, since we have a map and all, we can have a tackboard on where everybody else is according to the map (something like google maps), we'd need to update it along with the current storyline though.

another thought "wow this civil war thing is exploding like crazy, havent seen anything like this"

Posted at

Just an added thought, since we have a map and all, we can have a tackboard on where everybody else is according to the map (something like google maps), we'd need to update it along with the current storyline though.

Love the idea though I'm not sure how plausible it would be to keep it up to date

Posted at

When all else fails, spoof.
Duckham (like Gotham XD)
Or mimic real cities, capitals, etc..
Las Duckas
Duckelena
Duckoyo
Ducksilvania
Bosduck
New Duck
Duckattle

Otherwise, I'm fine with Platinum bay/city with the nickname of Duck bay.
(Maybe people get randomly attacked by ducks?)

Maybe there was an incident a while ago where something scattered over the city caused the Ducks to go nuts and attack people?

Posted at

Croydon, South London, England.

I wouldn't recommend it. It's full of chavs.

Wait, are you english too? You use the word "chav" when most americans would use "Wigga"

end_game
end_game
Posted at

Love the idea though I'm not sure how plausible it would be to keep it up to date

true, thats alota people to keep track of

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Ok, we've gots ourselves a map. Anyone care to start designing how individual places look?

Like I said, backgrounds ain't my forte, but I'll throw my hat into the ring. Mainly cuz I really want to design the radio building and get a little say in how Riot base turns out.

Posted at

I might be able to do some consept sketches of the easier builings. I also have a clear picture of Riot's Base.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

The second one.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.