Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Let's play a game shall we? Myxo'll probably use his crazy background drawing magic powers to create something cool, but he probably won't even see this thread. So the rest of you need to use your crazy background powers to beat his powers and with our

Posted at

I CALL THE CEMETERY!!!…… should it be like zombie film cemetery or "we mourn over dead people and get attacked and start defiling tombs like crazy" cemetery?

I like the second idea best but you could combine elements of both.

Dibs on St. Augustine's Catholic Church!

So what exactly is expected of us? Visual concepts (i.e. what it would actually look like if you were standing infront of it) or structural plans (i.e. maps of the place) or both. I'm happy to do both… I just don't want to go crazy overboard if everyone else is just doing one drawing. ^___^'

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Visual concepts preferably, though I won't stop you if you wanna draw a floorplan too.

Posted at

Visual concepts preferably, though I won't stop you if you wanna draw a floorplan too.

Cool, I'll get to work :D

Posted at

ooh! ooh! I call either the mini-mall or the carnival!!!

heeeee. I like carnivals.

Zac
Zac
Posted at

Guys, just popping in here to say, YOU ARE ALL DOING GREAT!

I love to see that all of you are collaborating so well at this. When the town's fully designed, let me know! We'll start using the city and it's history as soon as possible!

Great work. Glad to see you guys work well together.
*warms his heart*

Posted at

Oh man.

I'm gonna put this out there even though I'm not gonna put up a wide-angle sketch of these places for a while:

Adagio's spook joints-
Abandoned Factory, once used to manufacture some unknown mechanical product, later bought and modified to manufacture chemical fertilizer, bought one more time and changed into a specialty vehicle assembly line before being abandoned altogether about seventy years ago. It has fallen into disrepair.

Derelict Asylum, located in the seedier parts of the city, it was abandoned when the asylums program in Platinum City lost its funding about fifty years ago, helped along by rumors of horror stories going on behind closed doors. It has fallen into disrepair.

Sewers, mostly the sewers running in the less-travelled underground portions, of the south side of Platinum City, which have tunnels that run out directly into the bay.

Closed portions of the maintenence tunnels underneath the suspension bridge that connects Florence Island to the mainland.

Ocka
Ocka
Posted at

So question…
Is this war taking place in Platinum City then?

I'm fine with whatever, for I have yet actually placed my character anywhere…hes jsut in some building in a no name city… so yeah.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Well, it looks like the showdown's gonna be in Platinum Bay/City, but it's happening all over, just slowly moving towards there.

Ocka
Ocka
Posted at

Well, it looks like the showdown's gonna be in Platinum Bay/City, but it's happening all over, just slowly moving towards there.
ah. Okie dokie. Thanks for the info. :)

Stich
Stich
Posted at

Just an added thought, since we have a map and all, we can have a tackboard on where everybody else is according to the map (something like google maps), we'd need to update it along with the current storyline though.

Love the idea though I'm not sure how plausible it would be to keep it up to date

true, thats alota people to keep track of

I can take a crack at it. Just give me a decent world map, and keep me up-dated on current possitions, and I can do it.

Also, does the city have some kind of abandoned factory with lots and lots of dangerous machines? If it doesn't, it should, and if it does, I'd like to take a crack at it.

And, on a side note, who's story is currently between New York, New York(where my story has just lead too.) and Platinum Bay/city?(I prefer bay personaly.)

Ocka
Ocka
Posted at

Just an added thought, since we have a map and all, we can have a tackboard on where everybody else is according to the map (something like google maps), we'd need to update it along with the current storyline though.

Love the idea though I'm not sure how plausible it would be to keep it up to date

I can take a crack at it. Just give me a decent world map, and keep me up-dated on current possitions, and I can do it.

Also, does the city have some kind of abandoned factory with lots and lots of dangerous machines? If it doesn't, it should, and if it does, I'd like to take a crack at it.

And, on a side note, who's story is currently between New York, New York(where my story has just lead too.) and Platinum Bay/city?(I prefer bay personaly.)
WEll my droids are everywhere looking for zacers…. so you could use them :)

theJimmy
theJimmy
Posted at

I've got some pretty easy travel time to L.A.
The J originates from the one of the best named cities in California.

It is in the Inland Empire.

A town called….

Rancho Cucamonga. 45 min from LA about 2 hours from SD.

-J.

Posted at

You're pretty brave thinking about taking on something potentially pretty huge. Good luck if you do decided to.

Posted at

We could just be in a big, unamed, generic city.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Well, we're a bit far too into it for that, Lizard.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Did I say Radio Station, I mean News Station, sure. I'll do the radio station too, but I had to make an overside novelty sand dollar when I heard the name.

Posted at

Yay for the Daily sand! I'm glad some one liked the name. My sketches of riots base aren't turning out right, so that's why it's taking so long.

Posted at

I've almost finished doing the map of Augustine's church then I'm gonna do a the concept (using proper perspective methods). It may take some time ^_^'

Stich
Stich
Posted at

You're pretty brave thinking about taking on something potentially pretty huge. Good luck if you do decided to.

I'm not brave. I'm CRAAAAAZEEEEH!!!! NOW, OFF TO FIND A MAP! FWOOOOSH!!! *runs off, trips* I'm ok!

Posted at

Well, we're a bit far too into it for that, Lizard.

You never too far into something to not change it at last minute, causing everyone to plunge into a state of total confusion, silly!

Posted at

Hahahahah that does seem to be LizardBites' MO.

Draco109
Draco109
Posted at

I be…. well, wherever someone wants me ^^; I'm just goin with the flow. You'll find me somewhere in L.A. probably >>

Stich
Stich
Posted at

Ok, I know where…one person is…another's technicaly scattered…like…EBVERY WHERE…Hm…Anyone know where I can find a good map?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.