Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Nepath wrote:
Initial Plot Breakdown for this chapter has now been sent to Abt_Nihil to script. The intention is to run this chapter side by side with the forth and final part of Energize: Hunted.
I'm guessing that it didn't work out?

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

It did. Sort of.
The script is done and MrHades, Fukujinzuke & Abt will be handling 7 of the pages. I will be doing the remainder.
I decided to not hold off Hunted #4 because it doesn't matter too much, it's more important that HA does not "overtake" Energize. Basically, HA6 cannot end before Hunted #4

Posted at

Nepath wrote:
It did. Sort of.
The script is done and MrHades, Fukujinzuke & Abt will be handling 7 of the pages. I will be doing the remainder.
I decided to not hold off Hunted #4 because it doesn't matter too much, it's more important that HA does not "overtake" Energize. Basically, HA6 cannot end before Hunted #4

Sounds logical enough. But did Virtus get cut, as I never got to see the script? That would be a relief then, less work for me. ^^ Also, GRR, less work for me! HA is my baby just as much as Abt's! Ok, just kidding on that last one, I'm a lousy unattentive parent. XD

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

I included Virtus in the plot breakdown briefly highlighting his fight with Phenomenon, which when converted to script remained relatively the same.
He has a brief line at the beginning when responding to Bombshells call to the team.
His fight with Phenomenon does not show one bettering the other and both stop their fighting before it get's too far. Im sure Abt will send you the relevant pages but I did ask him not to send out the whole script to people because it relates so closely to the end of Energize: Hunted.

I hope you are still okay with him appearing in this chapter?

Posted at

Nepath wrote:
I included Virtus in the plot breakdown briefly highlighting his fight with Phenomenon, which when converted to script remained relatively the same.
He has a brief line at the beginning when responding to Bombshells call to the team.
His fight with Phenomenon does not show one bettering the other and both stop their fighting before it get's too far. Im sure Abt will send you the relevant pages but I did ask him not to send out the whole script to people because it relates so closely to the end of Energize: Hunted.

I hope you are still okay with him appearing in this chapter?

It wouldn't be very nice of me pull out at this late stage in development, would it? Sounds fair enough, but people should know that I'm very overprotective of my boy, not only about dialogue, but also about actions. As long as his one line sounds mature enough in the middle of a battle. I cringe at the prospect of Virtus saying bad puns or relying on an overabundance of slang. Is the one-liner very spoilerific, as I can't see it to give my two cents about it?
Also, still feel that I should have had gotten a bit more insight into the plot, as I always pictured Virtus as being a bit suspicious about fighting other heroes, no matter who demands it. He read "Civil War" after all. XD

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Rest assured his line is early in the comic and not during battle. There will be no battle dialogue at all. Im sure if you contact Abt, he will be happy to send you the script. 
Virtus role in this is small, it's more about  he original HU members (i.e. Energize, Tazer, Bombshell and the HU Commander.) I wanted to include Virtus as he is an original member of the HU natural replacement, Heroes Alliance.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Oh…one more thing. As im drawing the majority of this chapter anyway, I will make sure you get a copy of all the pages involving Virtus when they are completed. Anything you don't like. I will change it immediately.

Posted at

Nepath wrote:
Rest assured his line is early in the comic and not during battle. There will be no battle dialogue at all. Im sure if you contact Abt, he will be happy to send you the script. 
Virtus role in this is small, it's more about  he original HU members (i.e. Energize, Tazer, Bombshell and the HU Commander.) I wanted to include Virtus as he is an original member of the HU natural replacement, Heroes Alliance.
Oh…one more thing. As im drawing the majority of this chapter anyway, I
will make sure you get a copy of all the pages involving Virtus when
they are completed. Anything you don't like. I will change it
immediately.
Oh…one more thing. As im drawing the majority of this chapter anyway, I will make sure you get a copy of all the pages involving Virtus when they are completed. Anything you don't like. I will change it immediately.

Technically, he was also the very first one that Bombshell recruited.
Fair enough, I'll go bug Abt now. XD
As long as Virtus doesn't turn out as bloated as he was on the cover for HA #1, then I'm happy! XD

Posted at

Let me know if you need anyone to pick up one or two pages if something unfortunate happens. ;)

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Right now, I'm filling in some of the blanks of the script (some more accurate panel descriptions) and am going to send out the pages to MrHades and fukujinzuke within the next week.

Posted at

I realize this is probably too late, but thought I'd put it out there:  I would LOVE to do a page for this issue -just let me know if the need arises! =)  Thanks!

Posted at

Awh… No Relik?

Damn… and here I was hoping I wouldn't have to squeeze any more plot points into MY script, lol :P

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Josh: Thanks a lot for the offer! Nepath has divided the pages between himself (the lion's share), MrHades, fukujinzuke and me. I don't know if we can arrange for you to take over a page… I'd say it's up to Nepath.

SympleSymon: Relik actually does make an appearance. I didn't have a lot of time for writing the script, so I didn't check back with every character's creator, as long as I didn't deem their appearances bold or potentially controversial (of course, some creators are more protective of their characters than others, and I'm not here to judge). But I could send you the parts of the script where he appears, if you like.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

@Josh:
Page 3 of the script was is splash page of a bunch of heroes fighting each other, I did have a guy in mind for that  page but he is too busy to get involved. 
Would you be interested in that page? I think it is something you would so a great job of.

Posted at

@Nepath:  I would LOVE to do that page, Yesssss!  Thank you for the opportunity!  (I guess PQ the description/script of that page and I'll get on it asap!) 

Posted at

I need character/costume references for New Form and Legend please (since Legend's changed outfits quite a few times, I want to make sure I'm using the right one).

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Sorry for the late response. Here are a couple of links:
New Form. Costume is pretty basic, his arms are his key feature, they can mutate into anything, even guns etc, etc…
http://www.drunkduck.com/Heroes_Unite/5363215/
LEGEND remains unchanged from his appearance here.
http://www.drunkduck.com/Energize/5210332/
If the HU COMMANDER appears on your pages (can't remember) she will look like this:
http://www.drunkduck.com/Energize/5370484/

Cheers

Posted at

Thanks, Nepath. What do NewForm's leggings/shoes look like?

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Leggings follow the pattern of the costume. The are the dark grey colour with the white column running from his torso down the inner part of both legs.
As for his boots. They are standard black boots up the shin, like nearly every other character i have designed :)
Thanks

Posted at

Page 5 is "inked." Coloring to be completed next week. I had to turn it into a two-page spread because I can't fit the two scenes for that page onto a single sheet.
Page 9 is "penciled" and being "inked" now.

Edit:
My pages are done! HOORAY!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.