Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I SAID I wasn't making any promises, if you remember correctly. I'm trying to get the four HA-pages done first as a top priority.

Posted at

No, I haven't even gotten past the execution of the voice-over (accompanying text). I'm trying to brainstorm together something I won't feel "I could have done better" about a year or so from now. XD And you said it didn't have to be an origin story, just explaining the essence of the character.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Yeah, when I say "origin story" I really mean "origin story or whatever we talked about" :)

Anyway, all I need from you at this point is a clear and reliable statement on whether you'll do it and when. I hope you'll do something that works for you, but mainly I hope you'll do something ^_^

Posted at

I'm leaning towards "too caught up in other projects" so don't count on it being done before HA #1 kicks off. BUT don't deny the possibility of me surprising you. XD

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

We can shuffle these lil' origin (or whatever) stories around… I'll just start uploading the ones I've got and see how far I get. It goes without saying that I'd prefer having the ones for characters appearing in chapters 1 & 2 before uploading ch. 1. And again, something is better than nothing, even if it doesn't meet your own ideal of perfection.

Posted at

I think that will be the best route to take. Sorry.

No, but that's just it, I want something to be something remotely good, and just not something you could read from a Golden Age comic book cover.

Posted at

Abt, I'm not so sure an origins story would work for Relik, as it would be a bit of a pain when dealing with a huge story I want to tell down the line in 'Relik'. It's a kinda "If the HA knew who he really was, why is everyone else only finding out now? Wouldn't the governement have been informed?" kinda problem.

So, yeah, if you can think of a way around the whole "He's an alien!" thing to tell the story through, then by all means share :P

Posted at

Dave - Maybe you can just put something together to explain how Brad became Relik and how he came to decide to use his gear for the good of all mankind?

Wouldn't something like this be enough to carry HA readers along?:

page 1.
1-Origins of Relik panel
2-Brad Stone was an action movie super star.
3-When his career began to stumble, he came across genuine alien tech which he originally presumed was part of a costume for his movie.
4-He quickly came to realize that this piece of alien tech granted him abilities he'd never before imagined.

page 2.
1-possession of the alien tech, however, attracted unexpected attention.
2-Stone, who was then dubbed "Relik," to coincide with the name of the piece of alien tech, was thrown into the midst of alien conflict within the confines of Earth
3-Seeing as to how fragile the planet could be thanks to his run-in with the alien conflict, Relik then swore to protect the Earth and its inhabitants (or whatever).
4- powers, literature, and affiliations list

Oh, that reminds me, I wanted to ask you… will HA members know Relik's secret identity?

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

I agree with fukujinzuke… I never expected you to reveal more than you already have on Retake. And I did have the same problem with Bombshell.

Oh, that reminds me, I wanted to ask you… will HA members know Relik's secret identity?
Good question! :P

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Well, if you have Relik appearing as celeb hunk Brad Stone (here's where all the ladies sigh and say "Dreamy" ), in the Fanservice chapter, you'd think that they'd know it was him or at least that Relik has a connection to him.

Posted at

That's partially why I'm asking. I can always re-conceptualize the entry reason, but yeah, I need to know if I need to.

Actually, this is probably an item we should all address for each of our heroes for the sake of all the writers.

Who's "secret identity" is known by other HA members.

Everybody knows SHELL's, since he never kept it secret. Nobody knows Virtus (except possibly Titan, who is from the future, where a lot more is known about the present time)… but what about the rest of the folks?

AzuJOD
AzuJOD
Posted at

Azumorph would share his identity with his fellow heroes. He sees it as a sign of trust.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

The HU Commander is the only one who knows who Bombshell is. I've shown her hanging around at the HU offices in her civilian persona, but as far as everyone else is concerned, Aria's just the HU's liason to other UN departments - they wouldn't suspect her of being Bombshell (it's the Clark Kent/Superman effect, I guess ^_^).

Being from the future, Titan may know Bombshell's secret identity too, but she won't tell ^_^

Posted at

That is a good guestion, Peligroso I think would show his Ident to people that he truly trusts, but it be mostly likely he keep it to himself, mostly because that kind of information could lead to some… bad memories as it were.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

Comet Kid doesn't really bother with the secret identity considering NASA has his origin story documented and that it was pretty big news for his city when it happened.

I always figured for him it's more of a Powerpuff Girls situation where he can like ask his teachers to let him and Blitz out of school to save the city if need be.

7he_7ruth
7he_7ruth
Posted at

Destiny's identity wouldn't be known by anyone, he doesn't discuss it, and if asked he would usually dodge the question. He rarely changes to his more "human" persona, because the Destiny persona is pretty much dominant.

Posted at

Dave - Maybe you can just put something together to explain how Brad became Relik and how he came to decide to use his gear for the good of all mankind?

Wouldn't something like this be enough to carry HA readers along?:

page 1.
1-Origins of Relik panel
2-Brad Stone was an action movie super star.
3-When his career began to stumble, he came across genuine alien tech which he originally presumed was part of a costume for his movie.
4-He quickly came to realize that this piece of alien tech granted him abilities he'd never before imagined.

page 2.
1-possession of the alien tech, however, attracted unexpected attention.
2-Stone, who was then dubbed "Relik," to coincide with the name of the piece of alien tech, was thrown into the midst of alien conflict within the confines of Earth
3-Seeing as to how fragile the planet could be thanks to his run-in with the alien conflict, Relik then swore to protect the Earth and its inhabitants (or whatever).
4- powers, literature, and affiliations list

Okay, Fuku - disregard the PQ I wrote to you regarding this issue, I've change my mind and I'll do this script after all.

As for will they know, I've decided that yes they will, as odd as it may be for him to work alongside people who know - or at least THINK they know - his big secret.

One thing I ask of YOU: Can I use SHELL in it? That way, I could write in a 'reveal' where SHELL sees it's Brad, and remembers the things he said about the actor to Relik in the 'David' prelude you wrote. Sound good…?

Abt, if Bombshell could be in it, too? I'm assuming she's the main leader? Or is it a group of leaders, including Relik, Bombshell, SHELL and others…? I need to read-up on the team-structure…

Oh, and whos' going to draw it, not that its a go-go? I'd love to work with Fukujinzuke again, but if he's too busy, and someone else wants to have a shot at encapsulating the Retake story, I'm open to propositions. (Abt…? :P)

Dave

Posted at

Dave - Yup, you can use SHELL however you see fit for that origin piece. I'm off to Japan from Saturday for a couple of weeks and won't have my software and tablet unfortunately. If the project can wait for about 3 weeks, I can help on the art.

Hero
Hero
Posted at

It's been my impression that there isn't a specific team leader, but that the two 'Shells, being more analytical and tactical minded tend would be the ones telling folks what to do, right?

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

It's been my impression that there isn't a specific team leader, but that the two 'Shells, being more analytical and tactical minded tend would be the ones telling folks what to do, right?
I agree! A lot of the other team members are teenagers, and so far, Relik hasn't had the chance to prove himself as a team leader. I still think of him as a newbie, actually ^_^

I'm assuming [Bombshell's] the main leader? Or is it a group of leaders, including Relik, Bombshell, SHELL and others…? I need to read-up on the team-structure…
I think this question has been asked several times already - probably because I've always been a bit vague about it. So, I'll try to phrase my answer more clearly:

At this point, there is no leader. For now I'd like to keep the emphasis on the team. That said, I'm currently writing ch. 3 with the premise that Bombshell is organizing HA as their own team apart from HU, so in a way, she bears more responsibility than the others. And just like Hero pointed out, some team members are more likely to "tell folks what to do" than others - but this would be because of their different personalities, not because they've been officially established as leader(s).

What I'd really like to do is explore different dynamics in different groupings. So the whole team should only be together for the big events, and we'll have several smaller teams with their own dynamics, their own temporary leaders.

Abt, if Bombshell could be in it, too?
Sure, Bombshell would be happy to be in it :P

Oh, and whos' going to draw it, not that its a go-go? I'd love to work with Fukujinzuke again, but if he's too busy, and someone else wants to have a shot at encapsulating the Retake story, I'm open to propositions. (Abt…? :P)
I'm afraid I certainly wouldn't be any quicker than fukujinzuke. Then again, fukujinzuke has already done quite a lot for the #0 issue… between the two of us, we're handling art chores on 6 origin stories, if I remember correctly. So maybe someone else would like to provide art, if only for variety's sake…? (Plus, I really need to take care of my own comics sometime!)

Posted at

As previously stated, Virtus's true identity isn't known to anyone. He even keeps whatever equipment he gets at a location away from his civilian identity's home out of paranoia of hidden tracers or tracking devices. As for Titan knowing Virtus identity needs a little clarifying. She only knows it cause he was killed and posthumously unmasked in her future.

I agree! A lot of the other team members are teenagers…

And what's wrong with that? We don't want the HA to become a seniority deal, do we? XD

Posted at

AZUMORPH'S ORIGIN COMIC HAS BEEN COMPLETED!

Let me know if you got it Abt!

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

AZUMORPH'S ORIGIN COMIC HAS BEEN COMPLETED!

Let me know if you got it Abt!
I did, thanks!

A lot of the other team members are teenagers…

And what's wrong with that? We don't want the HA to become a seniority deal, do we? XD
Just saying… not too many teams consisting of adults being led by teenagers ^_^ It would be like the Teen Titans spliced with the JLA, and their leader being Robin. Not impossible, but implausible.

Jules
Jules
Posted at

Shadow Fox is fairly open about his secret identity around other heroes. His arch-enemy knows his real identity anyway, so it's more to keep himself protected from the crazies of the general public.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.