Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

So we're agreed that the Top Ten is extraneous.  Could just as well set up a Paypal account and have people pay for the priviledge of being there and use it to fund a series of Pinky TA action figures or paying Wowio to finish work on the site or producing the While You were Away: Drunk Duck Soap the Motion Picture or even just buying lots of hats.

Anubis
Anubis
Posted at

Yeah I have sorta stopped going though the main page, and have a link set right to my contro panel.    the important news comes though twitter, so I can check that at whim,  and well thats the only thing that changes on the main page.    
I hope they get some funds soon,  or something, cos DD is a good community, and it is sad to see it stripped down to a skelerton crew of updating comics and forum posters

Posted at

OK guys, thanks :] I'll spend some time on this later today.

Anubis
Anubis
Posted at

How bout instaid of trying to work out top tens   just put random 10 regular updating comics up   

Posted at

Anubis wrote:
How bout instaid of trying to work out top tens   just put random 10 regular updating comics up

That's what "Quail's random" is supposed to do. Unfortunatly it also picks from every single comic in the vast sea of "Haven't updated in years" comics that we have here.

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

I'm guessing that would require programming to do anyway.

Escutcheon
Escutcheon
Posted at

I would have to agree that community projects would be a great thing to put on the top 10.I wish I had more to say at the moment, but I'm still pondering.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Thanks for highlighting the community comics  :D

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

yeah! good to see the projects up! thanks alot!

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

It's cool to see Lite bites and Hero factor up there… but…
Hero factor isn't really a community comic, I did do a community aspect with it for a little while but that fell by the wayside .  Perhaps heroes alliance would be a better choice.

Posted at

Whoops! Haha, ok. I tried to double-check that and couldn't see any recent community stuff, but I wasn't sure, so…   I'll change it to Heroes Alliance. :] Thanks for being a good sport.

mishi_hime
mishi_hime
Posted at

If stuff doesn't work, I say it's because the various developers DD has had to work on the site have been building on a bad foundation. At some point, you just gotta bite teh bullet and scrap the broken bits for a better system. But alas, I've been grieving this site's code since 2006. >.>

Posted at

mishi_hime wrote:
If stuff doesn't work, I say it's because the various developers DD has had to work on the site have been building on a bad foundation. At some point, you just gotta bite teh bullet and scrap the broken bits for a better system. But alas, I've been grieving this site's code since 2006. >.>
Actually the current reason stuff doesn't work is because DD is now a site built on a brand new codebase, but development was halted before anything more than the basic features were finished. 

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

skoolmunkee wrote:
 Actually the current reason stuff doesn't work is because DD is now a site built on a brand new codebase, but development was halted before anything more than the basic features were finished.
I would argue that the basic features weren't even finished.

Posted at

Niccea wrote:
I would argue that the basic features weren't even finished.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Ah, sorry I'm late to this thread. Thanks for putting the link to Heroes Alliance there! It's been steadily updating for a few years and shall continue to do so.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.