Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I honestly can't recall what my first cd was, possibly this though…

The first LP I got was this…

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

I can't remember my first CD. It was either Snoop Dogg's "Doggystyle" or Tupac's "Me Against the World," I think. They were gifts, though; I mostly wasn't really into music enough to spend my own money on CDs.

The first CD I remember actually buying myself, oddly enough, was The Smashing Pumpkins' "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness," when I was living in Coffeyville, Kansas. It was such a small town, and such a small music shop, that I guess it must have been a pretty substantial sale, because the next time I came in there the store owner pulled me aside and showed me this giant mega Smashing Pumpkins box set he'd picked up because he figured I'd like it. I just had to slowly back out of the place like, "Whoa, dude, I'm not even that big of a fan!"

Last time I visited Coffeyville, I didn't see the music shop, so they must have gone out of business. Big chunks of the town are being reclaimed by nature; it's kinda creepy.

Jobo
Jobo
Posted at

Mine was Iron Maiden's "Number of the Beast" …… I DESTROYED that thing playing it so much. 

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I thought they were invented in 1995 ^^

lba
lba
Posted at

I want to say the first CD I ever got was a gift and it was a best-of the Beatles someone gave me. I think I was about 8 or 9 years old at the time. The first CD I ever bought myself wasn't until I was somewhere around 20 years old when I picked up Atmosphere's The Lucy Ford EP's, which I bought solely for one track on it. In between I always borrowed CD's got it off the internet or as gifts from friend's bands. My music collection has always been small and composed mostly of local bands.

Jaymzeecat
Jaymzeecat
Posted at

Mine was Heart's "Bad Animals"… although my dad bought it for me and my sister to share so it wasn't technically mine. The first one I had that officially belonged to me was Great White… I think the album was called "Twice Shy"? I used to record cassettes where I would pretend to be a radio dj playing songs (usually Great White or Warrant for some reason) and sometimes I could hear myself singing along to the songs in the background. I wish I still had those tapes, they're probably awful, haha.
Great White and Warrant… way to be old, Jaymz, haha.

AshenSkye
AshenSkye
Posted at

Rockin' 70's. Twenty-one songs by different artists from the 70's, given to me as a Christmas present by an aunt along with my first CD player. Still one of my favorites to listen to.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.