Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA! 2013/2014

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

So I dressed as my character Ace Kinkaid for the local comic convention here, with my friend Bianka dressed as Pinky. I got pretty damn close tp my comic character look!! Not that anyone knew who we were…
It's always funny when people comment how detailed my costumes are… It's because they're not really costumes- all the gear is 100% real. Even when it's custom made like Pinky's costume, it's still made as if it's a real uniform, with genuine materials.

I think maybe we should do a short live action movie version of Pinky TA. Just need a sexy Cc in denim hotpants and a tight purple T-shirt… and a script of course and prop guns. Maybe head out to a desert area with some cameras. Or fly up where my sister lives and hire some camels.
Maaaaaaaan, that Idea is fricken awesome. o_O

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

No picture of Pinky?  :|

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

The idea of doing a short film is excellent, like you say you have the costume aspect done retty damn well.  Pulling of the walkers might be tricky.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Finding someone willing to render the walkers in 3D software shouldn't be that hard.  There are all kinds of CGI types willing to do work like that.  

The desk top was completely updated so hopefully I'll be back on that soon.  I just hate having to hook everything up again.  I'll have to see if the drivers survived the update.  Reinstalling software for hardware no longer supported by the manufacturer is a pain.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Huh… Pinky TA- the series? I'd buy the dvd, although I have a feeling that it would have a very long production time… just like it's source material :D
I do have to add Ozone, with shorter hair you'd make a great Ace.

@bravo- yeah updating your drivers can be a bitch. I updated my graphics driver today and I guess I was lucky that nothing major broke.

lba
lba
Posted at

So, I went out and found myself an awesome new job at a nice big global corporation where I can just disappear and have those 9-5 days I always wanted, and then less than a week later, I'm being sued for a car accident I was in. This particular accident was one wherein the guy hanging out in my blind spot panicked and caused someone else to run into a freeway wall when he slammed on his brakes. I seem to have this strange habit of whenever I get something really good going on in my life, I get something really nasty too. I'm not sure I have the money to support a lawsuit or the potential consequences of one, but I'm still majorly stoked I found a halfway decent paying graphic design job somewhere where I can not be always on a work binge. That alone is enough to wipe out any nasty feelings from the accident.

Posted at

I don't even see how you were involved in that at all? Did he think you were gonna change lanes or something?

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Well she wasn't dressed exactly correctly, and I didn't get any pics of us together… But here are some pics on the Facebook site:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=619948568031838&set;=a.619948401365188.1073741826.216343955058970&type;=1&theater;

^_^
But she actually pulled it off better than I was expecting!  That's awesome that somebody dressed up as one of your characters.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I just meant the hotpants as opposed to the usual g-string, and the more comfy boots. :)

That was a reprise of her performance at San Diego ComicCon in 2011. The costume was pretty much perfect chapter7 Pinky, only missing the extra front pockets on her trouseres… and earplates and blue eyes, buuut that'd be asing waaay too much ^_^:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=269017196458312&set=pb.216343955058970.-2207520000.1363193665&type=3&theater

She is a real life Pinky.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

familiar…yet…strange….
i don't know why i don't come back ever. at least the background has changed….

gullas
gullas
Posted at

seventy2 wrote:
familiar…yet…strange….
i don't know why i don't come back ever. at least the background has changed….
Stockholm syndrome….

I hate it when I finally get aroudn making a page, but instead I spend more time on updating the layout instead of the actual comic itself -.-*

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

I'll never get used to this lime marmalade.  Why do they even call it marmalade? They should do us all a favour and just call it lime jam.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Ironscarf wrote:
I'll never get used to this lime marmalade.  Why do they even call it marmalade? They should do us all a favour and just call it lime jam.
It's like being in a 1970's American kitchen.  Growing up with avocado and harvest gold paint and wall papers in the 1970s this doesn't bother me in the slightest. Reminds me of how much I hated avocado and harvest gold.  

How about good old seafoam green so we think we're all in a hospital or medium greys and blues so we think we're in a gulag?

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

That would make The Duck a hospital that used to be a gulag! Well that's pushing the analogy - it's hardly seafoam here, more like lime marmalade on a faded deckchair.

Always had a soft spot for avocado, harvest gold and burnt orange though. I plan to use that scheme on a comic some day.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Is your lime marmalade chartreuse?
I always thought chartreuse was purple or mauve or something… I love lime green so since I discovered the true nature of chartreuse it's one of my new fave colours!
I have many fave colours ^_^

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

The house where I grew up had wall paper very much like that in the kitchen.  And wall paper very much (except woodgrain pattern rather than stripes) like the background on this site in the halls.

This is institutional green at it's finest.  A comforting color interior to an armored box one travels in to go off and kill people.

Then there's this wonderous seafoam green indulgence.  Yummy welcome to the hospital.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:

Then there's this wonderous seafoam green indulgence.  Yummy welcome to the hospital.

Actually, that's a very good looking hospital.  I like the little fluff greeter there by the door.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

ayesinback wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:

Actually, that's a very good looking hospital.  I like the little fluff greeter there by the door.
A therapy animal.  Careful though, if the cat jumps into a patient's lap, they'll die before the week is out.

Amazing that I wanted to go to the library and the parking lot was packed!  There was no place to park!  So I didn't go to the library.  Instead I am doing all in my power not to work on my comic.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

@bravo: the tank green is wonderfully relaxing, while the other one makes me think I'm a part of a 1970's B-grade italian acid movie….

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Is your lime marmalade chartreuse?
I always thought chartreuse was purple or mauve or something… I love lime green so since I discovered the true nature of chartreuse it's one of my new fave colours!
I have many fave colours ^_^

It is chartreuse in all but name. If they called it chartreuse marmalade, I would probably enjoy it more.
If you're enjoying chartreuse the colour, have you tried chartreuse the drink? It's one of those liquers brewed by monks that tastes like medicine, but in a good way! It comes in two types I think; a weaker one that's yellowish in colour and the full strength one which is, well, chartreuse.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Ironscarf wrote:

If you're enjoying chartreuse the colour, have you tried chartreuse the drink? It's one of those liquers brewed by monks that tastes like medicine, but in a good way! It comes in two types I think; a weaker one that's yellowish in colour and the full strength one which is, well, chartreuse.
The liquer came first and indeed that is what named the color.  Funny but chartreuse yellow looks like the color of Mountain Dew which many insist is the color of urine.  But medical professionals agree if your urine is that color you aren't drinking enough water.
This spot paid for Pepsico, the American Urology Association and the Chartusean Order.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I'll be honest- I haven't got much of a taste for weird liqueurs. Drinking them for me is REAL hard work. I hate them.

Just watched The Grifters again after many, many years. It's even better than I recalled. Angelica Houston is sexy, as is Anette Benning, and John Cusak is perfect. Lovely dark stylish film!
Currently on my second attempt to try and make it through "Due Date". There are some laughs but it's not great. Planes Trains and Automobiles did it so much better.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Chartreuse always sounds to me like it should be a shade of red. Maybe because "-reuse" sounds a bit like "rouge."

I have to do a presentation on something in the "cultural domain." Any ideas? It's such a broad topic that I'm having trouble thinking of something.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.