Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA! 2013/2014

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Genejoke wrote:
I'm hyper sensitive in all senses and emotions, which is hellish.  Too much sensory information is often ovewhelming.  
 Living alone for the first time in eleven years, it's hard.  First few nights were pure hell.  Fortunatley I'm getting into the swing of things, got some good friends being as supportive as they can.  Money is tight as all our finances were tied so left her with most of the money.  i have enough to scrp by on for the month, just.  It'll get better soon.
I feel for you there, Genejoke. It was tough for us to adjust to living on half the salary after my mom moved out. Not to mention having to take out a mortgage for her half of the house, now worth more than the whole house was when my parents bought it.
It ended up being the best thing for our family, though. The period in my early teen years when my parents were together and not getting along was probably the worst part of my life. (Although to be fair, some of that can be blamed on other connected family issues and just plain adolescence.) My relationship with both of my parents is better now. Dealing with the awkwardness of trying not to bring up the topic of one parent in front of the other is a lot nicer than a constant atmosphere of unhappiness.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Time for me to do a litle bit of spam…

If you are not talking about the Drunk Duck Awards for this year, get into the forum. We have been discussiong categories and a couple of them went down without a fight. Now I am also trying to see what people liked and didn't liked from previous years. So if there is something sticking out to you please down to the forums so we know. This is the biggest yearly project on the site and I want make sure there is plenty of planning to make this one the best.

The quickest way to get to the discussion thread for the awards is to click the link in my sig.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Genejoke, that's awful. Hippie's experiences holds some hope though.
But there's nothing in the world that'd make me willing to go through the same thing. Even if someone paid me 10 million I don't think it'd be worth it. Heartbreak equals physical pain.
One thing though- you want to be kind and do the mainly thing with giving your partner more of a share to get by on, but I'm not sure that's a good idea. You need to provide for your children of course, but you also need to get by yourself and get ahead, not just scrape by starting again from scratch. I don't know if she'd really be thankful to you for having a bigger share.

bravo1102 wrote:
My specialty printer died so I lost a commission, probably two commissions.  I loved doing work on that thing.

I've never had a colour printer. It's always been cheaper to go to some office supply place or pro printer and get the work done. As long as you have the right files, good res and colour, they have the expertise and the best materials.

Home printers are not a great thing. They're convenient and they can do a fantastic job, but just not cost effective and never will be.

Katch
Katch
Posted at

I have a terrible tendancy to forget this place .__. 
this stops now *drags to favorites tab* c'mon you!

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I'm glad I switched completely to Google Chrome.  I no longer use IE… too many errors with Drunkduck that caused it to shut down… what a headache.

Mass Effect 3: Omega was interesting.  Going through the bowels of the place with none other than Aria herself.  And depending on how you acted during the entire thing she either spares a life or takes it.  Too bad Garrus couldn't tag along… 

Now if only a certain madman would stop pointing those pointy nuclear fission things at my head…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Quick, clean the pubes outta your keyboard!!!!

…Just something I felt like saying :3

Posted at

There has to be a story that goes with this.

Katch
Katch
Posted at

I doubt it…he's just weird like that XD

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

But if there weren't any weirdness around, the world would be less interesting…
Ugh… when I see people speaking only in CAPS LOCK in general/public/zone chat, my response?

"Speaking in CAPS LOCK is a symptom of a common interenet disease known as SKS… or Sticky Keyboard Syndrome.  One of the major causes of SKS is viewing too much explicit material on the internet."

That usually shuts people up… because somehow the joke goes over their heads.  -_-

Katch
Katch
Posted at

That happens a lot in games I play
Someone will be all over map chat yelling at people in all caps, all the time.
Rodger that, Commander Caps lock .___.  calm yo shit. 

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Heh, the closest I've had was a lot of cat fur in my keyboard- technically that could be "pussy hair" …no. Just No.

Lonnehart wrote:
"Speaking in CAPS LOCK is a symptom of a common interenet disease known as SKS… or Sticky Keyboard Syndrome.  One of the major causes of SKS is viewing too much explicit material on the internet."

HEY, THAT'S ACTUALLY PRETTY CLEVER!
…oops >_>

Katch
Katch
Posted at

*Swats with sketchbook* 
You there~ this is the caps lock police! None of that! XD

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I CAN'T HELP IT, IT'S SKS. WHUT CAN YOU DO?
Quick, clean the pubes outta your keyboard!!!!

Katch
Katch
Posted at

Trying to remember how things work on here as i'm updating bunnies XD
MADNESS! …oh no…it's spreading o_o

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Remove all your clothes and then set them on fire.
-It won't fix anything but it helps.

———

I have "Watching the Detectives" by Elvis Costelloe on constant repeat on my headphones.
Love that song.
Great lyrics and imagery- "She pulls the eyes out with a face like a magnet"

Katch
Katch
Posted at

Hardy har har~ never happening XD

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

OK, the fire part isn't necessary. ;)

Posted at

The workplace keeps playing Lenka's "The Show" on the speakers. It is so upbeat and happy it is almost impossible not to have a good day when this songs comes on.

Katch
Katch
Posted at

I don't think i've heard that song .__. *goes to look it up~
BTW, your comment makes me want to find and commission people to make me bunny things. hahaaa~geez XD

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Second cup of coffee of the day… fricken failing here. Energy reserves gorn… Maybe I need to change my diet?

I am unaware of that song, I will look it up when I'm not in the office. The horrible, air-conditioned florescent lit office.

Katch
Katch
Posted at

Coffee sounds nice~mmmm~ O 3 O
I want to make a comic…but I have like, five stories and a bajillion random ideas buzzing around in my  head. And no time! IDFK *flips table*

Posted at

I taught myself how to crochet from watching youtube videos and a simple how-to book two years ago. It is very important to know multiplication tables, have plenty of light, listen to music without lyrics and find a whole hour of seclusion with minimal interruptions. I do not even use patterns anymore, they are automatically created from my head. I have some white yarn and fiberfill laying around. Katch– I will take a photo and send it to you when I get around to making an amigurumi of Nu.
==
Light to Medium Roast Coffee is delicious but coffee breath is not. I started drinking coffee six months ago, and do not want to get to the point where I use coffee like fuel. It is the perfect drink to have a pretty nice conversation (tea is as well) but I tend to be more upbeat from all the caffiene.

The types to avoid–the flavored ones from gas stations that have been sitting on the warmer for hours. I just tried some today and had to throw away the cup after walking three blocks. Kona is delicious, and home ground and brewed is also not too shabby.

Katch
Katch
Posted at

kawaiidaigakusei wrote:

I taught myself how to crochet from watching youtube videos and a simple how-to book two years ago. It is very important to know multiplication tables, have plenty of light, listen to music without lyrics and find a whole hour of seclusion with minimal interruptions. I do not even use patterns anymore, they are automatically created from my head. I have some white yarn and fiberfill laying around. Katch– I will take a photo and send it to you when I get around to making an amigurumi of Nu.
O A O …
*radiant glow of happiness* 
<3

Katch
Katch
Posted at

I'm a tea person, but occasionally I enjoy coffee <3

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Typical American coffee seems to be that black gritty, almost tobacco tasting stuff…? I dunno, but it seemed the most popular sort at most places. I don't like it.
What I DO like though is instant coffee :)
And also a nice cappuccino from a cafe.

Both preferences come from my parents.

Sleep trumps coffee 1000%!

Those are amazing crochets!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.