Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA! 2013/2014

Katch
Katch
Posted at

LOL "American coffee" 
you just have to get good stuff as opposed to dirt grounds. 
If I get coffee, it's from a cafe who know's what they're doing. 

Posted at

Thanks!
For me, I enjoy an iced coffee plain but nothing beats the taste of the top layer foam art of a latte. I had a similar experience to Marcel Proust when I figured out the meaning of life while sitting in a coffee conservatory down my street and ordering my first double latte.

Crocheting while listening to Chopin's Nocturne, Ballade, Fantasy Impromptu, and Polonaise at night with absolutely no distractions, deadlines or interputions is quite possibly the best possible way to spend the evening.
==
Oh my gosh, and how could I forget? I made it to a showing of the latest Miyazaki Movie "From Up on Poppy Hill" about two weeks ago and it was a Miyazaki film minus all the weirdness and magic that usually appears in his films. It was directed by his son, which explains a lot, but I enjoyed it thoroughly and it made its way to the top spot of my favorite Studio Ghibli film of all time because of the attention to the architectural backgrounds.

Posted at

My coffee ranges from organic, free trade drip coffee to McDonald's coffee to gas station coffee. I am pretty easy to please as long as it tastes alright and it cost less than $2. Interesting enough, I am not a fan of the 'Bucks.

Katch
Katch
Posted at

Sounds like a nice evening! * u *
I'm not sure if I like all of Miyazaki's son's work just yet, still getting used to it. There's a distinct difference, but it's still very high quality Ghibli stuff :3
Also, i just raided my closet looking for a crocheting needle, no luck XD only knitting needles~

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Coffee in Australia is almost $5 a cup- and remember the Aussie dollar is worth more than the US so that's like OVER $5 a cup US. Bad :(
A quick trip to a cafe for some coffee and cake here will cost you over $20 easily, if you're the on paying… Which I usually am.

Whisper of the Heart and Graveyard of the Fireflys were pretty stripped of magic. They do that realistic style exceedingly well.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I've never had a colour printer. It's always been cheaper to go to some office supply place or pro printer and get the work done. As long as you have the right files, good res and colour, they have the expertise and the best materials.

Home printers are not a great thing. They're convenient and they can do a fantastic job, but just not cost effective and never will be.
It was an ALPS dry ink printer.  Kind of unique.  No office supply store or pro-printer could do what it could for as little; print white on decal paper.  It paid for itself after the first commission years ago. Custom decals are big among model builders because you can do something no one else has ever done.  Some model decals also have a shelf life so replacing old dried up yellowed kit decals was a big thing.

One of favorite residents had a nasty fall off the bed the other day.  I had just been talking to her the day before too.  She knocked the phone off the hook and landed on the floor face down so couldn't cry out.  Her neighbor called me at the desk saying she heard faint cries from the room.  She's a tiny little thing and fell between her nightstand and bed and half of her ended up under the bed and all you could see was two stick legs.  Going through the room I have never seen so many Dewar's bottles together outside of a liquor store.  Dewar's and Marlboros; the diet of old age.

Posted at

Whoo hoo! I just finished crocheting Katch's character Nu from her webcomic Nu and Me. And I finished before 1am, go me!

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

kawaiidaigakusei wrote:

Whoo hoo! I just finished crocheting Katch's character Nu from her webcomic Nu and Me. And I finished before 1am, go me!
That's cute.  :)

Unfortunately for me several of my coworkers think I'm weird because I like cute things.  I guess being macho is what being a guy is supposed to be about.  Or their minds are stuck in the 80s…

And of course in Star Trek Online I like cute things following me around…

And here's a descriptive page of it…
http://www.stowiki.org/Epohh

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

@kawaiidaigakusei -
That's so cool! You did that so fast! Incredible!

@Bravo -
Weird. You should've said. I wonder of you can find another one for a good price somewhere, sounds like a pretty amazing device!

@Lonne -
Weird little animal. Some men are very insecure about their manliness and have to prove it constantly… Pretty sure they'd have some weird sex issues going on in their personal lives.

@Katch-
Yes, American coffee. It's a thing. ;)

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

American coffee is weak tapwater.  Have the real South American stuff they don't export or the 100% Kona.  I never knew coffee had taste besides the milk and sugar before that.  But then I grew up on Army coffee that's been steeping in the urn for months with new grounds added to old ones that transcends coffee and becomes tanker juice.  It'll also strip the finish off a car and clean brake calipers.

And now with acid reflux it's all in the past.  Have some green tea and try to be happy.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Mexican coffee is much like American…
I've had plenty of Serbian, Turkish, and Persian, but those are all pretty similar. Some sweeter, some not.
I was very disappointed to learn that Turkish delight, Baklava, and sherbet are not the magical deserts in their countries of origin that they are here. :(

I still prefer my fantasy Arabian Nights view of the world.

But  I'd still like to visit the Arab world anyway just to see for myself. Turkey too… then maybe across the Black Sea to the Crimean peninsula, Sevastopol in the Ukraine to see Pinky's homeland. :)

Katch
Katch
Posted at

kawaiidaigakusei wrote:

====

OHMYGOSH it's so cute! <3333

gullas
gullas
Posted at

ah coffe, you magnificent black thing that makes my stomach hurt everytime I drink it, but I keep on drinking it becasue I've lied to myself that after this cup I'll quit….

Well I was not really honest, but well I get that effect from espresso's and pretty strong south american blends…

Katch
Katch
Posted at

I went to a Danish Bakery in town and got a cup of coffee to go along with a florentine cookie and a macaroon <3
Craving fixed. *shakes fist* 

Gunwallace
Gunwallace
Posted at

My wife and I were given a home Coffee Roaster for xmas, and so now we roast our own beans. Currently we buy two seperate bean types, both organic shade-grown fair-trade Guatemalan varieties, and mix them together, whch gives this lovely complex, smooth espresso that is somehow better than either by themselves (yes, we have an espresso machine as well).  We discovered this by accident when we had only half a roast's worth of one of the beans types, and so just mixed it in with the other.   It's my job to make the first cup in the morning and inject into my wife so she can begin to function.  I think that may be the secret to our whole marriage.

Katch
Katch
Posted at

HAHA XD 
That's great~

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Gunwallace wrote:

My wife and I were given a home Coffee Roaster for xmas, and so now we roast our own beans.

Lucky bastard!
Gunwallace wrote:

Currently we buy two seperate bean types, both organic shade-grown fair-trade Guatemalan varieties, and mix them together, whch gives this lovely complex, smooth espresso that is somehow better than either by themselves (yes, we have an espresso machine as well).

Sounds delicious!
Gunwallace wrote:

We discovered this by accident when we had only half a roast's worth of one of the beans types, and so just mixed it in with the other.   It's my job to make the first cup in the morning and inject into my wife so she can begin to function.  I think that may be the secret to our whole marriage.

Sounds slightly dirty ^_^

Also: I AM THE QUOTE MASTER!
…opps, SKS.

Katch
Katch
Posted at

Special Ozone, very special XD

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Katch wrote: 
Special Ozone, very special XD

I know right?
Katch wrote: 
I will send you nudey pics now.

Thanks. I deserve that, since I'm the quotemaster and all ^___^

Katch
Katch
Posted at

You're dreaming up quotes now Ozone? You should consult your doctor about that~
XD

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Katch wrote:  
You have fantastic hair!
XD
  So they tell me ^_^

QUOTEMAAAAAAASTER!

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

If Ozone keeps up with all the quotes, he might become like Soundwave from the current Transformers series "Prime".  That guy comes off as creepy as he never speaks himself (he chooses not to) but instead uses quotes (from everyone around him) to communicate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWue1gQX684

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Yep, G1 Soundwave was awesome.
Adjusting to living alone fairly well. Now just got to make some more comic pages…

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Well, he did have a cool voice in G1.  But in Prime he's just being what he is… a spy.  He doesn't talk because he doesn't want to.  He may still have his original voice.  Heck.. Peter Welker did his G1 voice (and he also did Megatron's voice back then as he does now with Prime's Megatron), so it's possible that Soundwave may talk later during the current season (which is the final season).
Oh…  and nobody messes with this silent communications officer.  A lesson a certain sadistic spider ladybot learned the hard way…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx4rI6ilMsY

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.