Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

HA #9 - Wrath of the Zombie Queen (page assignments & references)

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

My Coldcut, Target and Militia Pin-Ups are pretty close to being finished. Should have them ready by the end of the week.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Question about Cobalt in my pages: is he wearing the trench coat and hat, or not?  I can't ink it until I know.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

shastab24 wrote:
Question about Cobalt in my pages: is he wearing the trench coat and hat, or not?  I can't ink it until I know.
Ah, sorry, should have made that clear. He wears the trenchcoat and hat on ALL pages.

melsr007
melsr007
Posted at

Hello Just stop by to say I just did the ink for page 13 and working on ink for 14 and by next week i should have both pages in color :-)

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

My Coldcut, Militia and Zombie-Shell pin-ups are all in the dropbox. I've enjoyed doing the RISE-teams pin-ups, I might have to do more when I've finished Target's.

Posted at

I've just uploaded one of my two pages into the require coloring folder.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Agreed, that page is really nice. Militia and Target especially look fantastic. I think Target's eyes are blue, but I might be mistaken.

Posted at

Thanks! And wow irrevenant, haha I'm getting a little emotional with your colors. You really made the page pop, it looks awesome!
I should have the other page up by the end of the month.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

I'm currently whipping up a Cobalt teaser…then we're missing one member of RISE: Bones. Does anyone think they could whip up a teaser similar to the one me and abt have done for the RISE members?

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Doesn't look like I can push out a Cobalt promo, either. Sorry guys…anyone want to take that one off me, too?

melsr007
melsr007
Posted at

I just stop by to say I'm finish page 13 of act 2 now I'm working on adding the color on page 14 :-)

Posted at

I just need to draw the background on mine, but I'm not sure what needs to be in it to be honest.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

sux wrote:
I just need to draw the background on mine, but I'm not sure what needs to be in it to be honest.
Hmmm… Act 2, Page 7… *goes to take a look*
Okay… this is how I would do it (of course there's no need to do it as I would :p): The first two panels focus on the action, plus you don't need to establish the setting, so the background can be more of an afterthought. Depending on how the action is depicted, it can serve to highlight it or be more or less omitted. The third panel is a more static one, I'd recommend putting in some buildings of downtown Darwin (although that, too, depends on how the shot is angled and specifically how the zombies are arranged - if the zombies take up much of the background, the buildings can more or less just be hinted at, or, again, omitted). Aaaand actually that pretty much also applies to the final two panels. In all of these cases, when background is of no immediate concern, my only rule is that it should nicely complement the foreground and not distract from it.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

I agree with everything abt said. Panel 2 probably doesn't need background as the Zombie Queen is supposed to look so imposing - maybe just have a load of zombies cramming the background. Remember, some of the background get taken up by the speech etc - so try not to spend too long on the background for more wordy panels :-)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.