Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

roku I am sorry that you did not enjoy the game. I did not realize how hard it would be to do it after working full time. Two years ago I didnt do squat so I had an entire day to write and plan narrations. that being said I probably not GM again because ofmthe time issue that I could not overcome. And as I told PP on AIM, this is my last game ever.

That being said, I think you are being overly critical and seriously hurt my feelings.

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

same- it might be, the message system needs to be there for this type of mafia though. but a different forum would be more helpful to post in. but all in all, it's a bit counter productive to have the players of the dd forums move to another forum to play mafia
niccea- i was just critical enough. your feelings are hurt because i was honest and you know that what i said was true and it isn't what you whated to hear considering it is to be your last game. i could get personnal about this and drag quite a few more things up but that would be going over the top. i choose not to but i also choose to be honest. therefore i am not sorry that you are hurt but i do hope you feel better soon. i wish you well

Posted at

I blame the lack of turn out in the polls. We can assume from the earlier results that you, ninja and Roku could easily beat the others to voting if they even voted. I am a little peeved for two things though. The first is the night 3 being the inactive deadline. That is way too long. The second is the same number = win. Yeah sure most likely you guys would of won but I had organized the two medics to protect each other those making three vets instead of just one. That is why Roku had so many failed attempts. If they had some how voted before you three they would of protentally won.

@Niccea: I am sad to hear this is your last game. I do agree with Roku on most of her issues but I understand the time restraints. I would often only have an hour or less to actually work as GM when I worked and attended school. That being said I don't think I ever just allowed three to four sentences to be the narrative. I am not saying that you didn't put any effort into cause from what I remember you are a hard working person that puts their all into what they start. I'm just saying it is reasonable for players to have felt a little dissapointed in what they got. I had fun and once again I am really sad to hear this is your last game. Finally thank you for reviving Mafia. While we can criticize you all day we shouldn't forget that it was you that brought it back.

@Ninja: Great job. I should of known something was odd with you being so polite to me though ;D

Product Placement wrote:
Well.. to be frank. We were aiming to even out the number of townies and mafia in this round, which was a success, and then lynch ayes, since she was now the biggest threat and difficult to kill at nights.

Provided that the three of us would succeed in voting for ayes, before the three of you would vote for me, ayes would have been subjected to the "first come first serve" rule and lynched instead of me. By then, the mafia would have outnumbered the town, thus winning us the game. So unless the town would have been able to act faster then the mafia, there was nothing that you could have done to stop us.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I can take a point on the narratives. I know it wasn't my best and I have been out of practice. There were also some extenuating factors that I shall not bring up in detail, but I have to say that I was a bit sick last week. I hope maybe when my life is a little less hectic, I will try again. As stated, this is my first time doing this when I had to dedicate 8 hours of a day to my job. When I was doing the games two years ago there were less restrictions at work so I was doing vote counts and narratives there as well as at home.  I wish I could have done better about them but that is already behind us.

As for the tie of townies vs mafia as the win condition, it has been that way forever. I have actually gotten in trouble on previous games because of the win condition as a GM. The mafia got mad that I ran out the game even though the numbers were equal. So, I think both roku and TGFM can bugger off about that one because that has been the win condition for the mafia since game one. Paramedics protecting each other is actually a cheap move and is actually mentioned in the mafia rules, but since I already let it happen Night 1 I couldn't reverse it.

Also I would like to say that my feelings were mostly hurt because what you said was the cherry on top of a horrid day. And frankly I am still offended that you brought many of the items out into public instead of just making it personal. Such as "I am not going to trust another game run by Niccea." I think that is very low to bring out in public.

But, I know that for sure this will be my last game at least until August when I get done with my MBA. I had tried to do the game again because I missed the the togetherness and my life has been shitty the last two years since being kicked out of OT school.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I really missed out because of my work schedule.  I work overnights and sleep during the day.  So I missed every move in real time and only saw it the next day.  Can't do much when I'm reacting to day old news.

Posted at

Niccea wrote:
As for the tie of townies vs mafia as the win condition, it has been that way forever.

It had? The link you provided is to the very first Mafia game, held on this forum and my first glance at it failed to notice that rule. I also have this nagging residual memory of an early game, where the mafia had managed to outnumber the town but had to continue killing/taking over lynches until every villager had been killed. It resulted in this very boring 1-2 day period where the mafia had to dedicate themselves to a cleanup job that the town couldn't do anything about. I thought that the outnumber rule was introduced after that.

Also, the reason why I think it's not enough for the mafia to match the number of townies, is because during ties, the town can still win lynches; they simply have to be responsive enough to vote for a mafia member, before the mafia can lynch one of them.

At any rate, I did enjoy playing the game, even if there were some technical bugs to it. The forum posting mechanics is still shit and I'm pretty sure one of my PQs got lost in the mail, when I first tried killing someone, which would have potentially ended the game two days sooner. it's also annoying that we can't get more players then this.

P.S.
@TFGM: Were you gonna say something after you quoted me?

Posted at

Although I was a touch disapointed with some aspects of the game other already brought up, I will say that real life trumps internet, so if you simply couldn't dedicate the time, then you couldn't. That this was your last game too is a bit sad, since we are losing a true vetren. I do hope things brighten up for you, and I personally am just counting this game as a victim of being at the wrong place in the wrong time.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

@PP, I think you are correct iirc. There was a game, rather early where it dragged on forever because the mafia actually had to get rid of all the townies.

But like everyone has said before, the posting mechanism here blows, pq's are buggy which make up for a bad mafia experience…

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

same, you should lotion your knees perhaps.

and while we're tossing things around, I have a particular Christmas ornament that I would like to throw. It's got a good heft. It could be fun. Funner than this post-mortem of not the most fun game.

But it's over, so how bad can it be?

Posted at

ayesinback wrote:
But it's over, so how bad can it be?
The very fact that we ARE still talking about it says this isn't the worst game we've ever had. Certainly isn't the worst I've been in.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

jninjashadow wrote

The very fact that we ARE still talking about it says this isn't the worst game we've ever had.

not really. at least that's not how folks act/talk in the US. We talk on and ON about the disappointing, the ugly, the stupid. You rarely hear someone overdo: that was nice.

" Oh SO nice. Have you Ever seen something that nice? Can't believe how Nice that is …" You just don't hear that.

But the bad stuff? It's petrified. It seems like it will never die. Like this game.

—–

And Niccea: maybe Roku didn't think you'd have a problem being called out publicly in a post because she's read the ones where you called me out. I guess she figured you could "take it" just like you figured I could.

Posted at

No, what I meant was that there have been games so bad we are forbidden to speak of them. Some have been stricken from the record bad.

Posted at

Ok. So I was asked to handle an election for a new game, so I wanted to do a quick survey and see how interested people are in running a new game. Provided that we get more then one candidate, I will be putting up an election thread.

Jninja. You said something about being interested in running a game?

Posted at

Why yes sir, I am interested

Posted at

Niccea wrote:
[Reasonable excuse]

As for the tie of townies vs mafia as the win condition, it has been that way forever. I have actually gotten in trouble on previous games because of the win condition as a GM. The mafia got mad that I ran out the game even though the numbers were equal. So, I think both roku and TGFM can bugger off about that one because that has been the win condition for the mafia since game one. Paramedics protecting each other is actually a cheap move and is actually mentioned in the mafia rules, but since I already let it happen Night 1 I couldn't reverse it.

Whoa whoa. I was simply and might I add politely addressing
issues I had. No need to be snippety. I haven’t been on the site’s forum for
a long long time. I'm sorry for not remembering the rule interpretations for
everyone. And before you say it is on the first page I remember at least two
gms that allowed medics to target one another.  

@ PP: I support this election.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

playing: check

running: negative

My schedule allows me to play, but I am in no posisiton really to run a game

same
same
Posted at

ayesinback wrote:
not really. at least that's not how folks act/talk in the US. We talk on and ON about the disappointing, the ugly, the stupid. You rarely hear someone overdo: that was nice.
" Oh SO nice. Have you Ever seen something that nice? Can't believe how Nice that is …" You just don't hear that.
But the bad stuff? It's petrified. It seems like it will never die. Like this game.

—-

The majority of Americans who visit Belfast are like that. And its packet with them at the minute. All I hear from them is how nice "eyerland" is and then they go get cawffee and make mad observations then they talk about "this one guy" they met assuming we all know each other.

Posted at

Heh hem.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.