Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

KmChez wrote:
How can I delete my account in this site? I decided to move on elsewhere but I can't seem to find the deactivate button. ..

I can deactivate your account for you - is this the account you want deleted?

KmChez
KmChez
Posted at

Yes this is the account, I'd be so grateful if you'd delete this for me. Thank you ^^ ♡

snuffysam
snuffysam
Posted at

I think I'm encountering a bug where pages that are GIFs don't get animated.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

snuffysam wrote:

Yes, iirc gifs don't work as comic pages. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer or a workaround.

snuffysam
snuffysam
Posted at

HippieVan wrote:
snuffysam wrote:

Yes, iirc gifs don't work as comic pages. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer or a workaround.

Ok, thanks!

Magor
Magor
Posted at

Hey I'm trying to add various links to my comic pages but I keep getting an internet error and it's really bugging me considering the amount of work I've done making the images! PLEASE HELP!

Nywoe
Nywoe
Posted at

mashumatt wrote:
I am trying to upload a page from my comic strip (a JPEG image which is about 102KB) but nothing happens when I click on 'save page'. Can anyone please help?

I realize your post is from almost a year ago, but I'm having the same issue now. :(

I hit the save pages button, and it thinks for a while, then it stops thinking, then nothing. It stays on the page where you load new pages. Then I go back to my profile and it has the thumbnail, but no pages.

I'll try saving a page again tomorrow and see if something changes.

Nywoe
Nywoe
Posted at

Hmmm… It's still doing it this morning.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Sorry no one caught this man… That change was due to a site upgrade, It should be fixed now.

stinger9
stinger9
Posted at

No idea if this is a known bug, I couldn't find anything about it, but it's a fairly minor thing anyway. My page count doesn't seem to be working correctly. The page count seemed to be off by one for a while, but recently I went back through and edited the titles on some pages, and now it seems to be off by about 7 pages! Again, just a minor issue, since all the pages themselves seem to be working correctly, it's just kind of a tiny annoyance, and figured I may as well report it!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

stinger9 wrote:
No idea if this is a known bug, I couldn't find anything about it, but it's a fairly minor thing anyway. My page count doesn't seem to be working correctly. The page count seemed to be off by one for a while, but recently I went back through and edited the titles on some pages, and now it seems to be off by about 7 pages! Again, just a minor issue, since all the pages themselves seem to be working correctly, it's just kind of a tiny annoyance, and figured I may as well report it!
That page count (29 according to your profile and I counted your pages and it matched), accurately reflects all pages of your comic that are "live".
You may have more that are scheduled to update. Those aren't counted until the date they go live as well.

stinger9
stinger9
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
That page count (29 according to your profile and I counted your pages and it matched), accurately reflects all pages of your comic that are "live".
You may have more that are scheduled to update. Those aren't counted until the date they go live as well.
Oops, you're right, the live dates on any page I edited from last year had their year changed to 2017, putting it at later this year. Weird, guess it must have messed up when I edited them! Sorry about that!

Edit: Never mind, just realised when I tried to fix them, it's just because 2016 isn't an option any more!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Ah, ok. Yeah, you can't reorganise by date anyway, it has to be by page order :(

Posted at

I have a problem with the way my pages are presented. When I log into my account and look at my webcomic it shows the first page, however when I log out it shows the second page, and the first page is nowhere to be found. Please help as soon as possible.

stinger9
stinger9
Posted at

Thelillylenore wrote:
I have a problem with the way my pages are presented. When I log into my account and look at my webcomic it shows the first page, however when I log out it shows the second page, and the first page is nowhere to be found. Please help as soon as possible.
There's quite a few pages missing there from the looks of it, I can't see 1, 23, or 45. If you can see them and others can't it sounds similar to the problem I was having, have you tried checking the live dates?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

stinger9 wrote:
Thelillylenore wrote:
There's quite a few pages missing there from the looks of it, I can't see 1, 23, or 45. If you can see them and others can't it sounds similar to the problem I was having, have you tried checking the live dates?

Stinger is 100% right.
I checked in the admin system. You've uploaded your 1st page twice. The first time you had it set to go up on the 6th of February but you deleted it. The second time you uploaded it and set it to go live on the 3rd of May.
It's not the 3rd of may yet so it won't show up till then :)
Probably the same story with the other pages Stinger lists. Just change the dates.

EFO67
EFO67
Posted at

I am new here and I am having trouble posting my comic.I have title page but I can not seem to post the other pages.I have tryed the little thumbnail.AWW HECK I am confused.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

EFO67 wrote:
I am new here and I am having trouble posting my comic.I have title page but I can not seem to post the other pages.I have tryed the little thumbnail.AWW HECK I am confused.
Just make sure that you have something written in the "page title" field.

If that's not an issue, make sure the page isn't bigger than 20 megabytes and that it's a jpeg, gif, or png.

Udyr
Udyr
Posted at

I got a problem whenever I upload my comic it turns out really odd-looking qualitywise (like its a bigger size than the original file). It refuses to let me upload things that's not 1000x pixel width, and if i upload smaller it will awkwardly make the image bigger which makes the quality look absolutely dreadful. I've tried both resizing, changing files and to change the layout settings but there is no option on how big of size you want your pages to be!
Also I have trouble with arranging comics as it bugs out quite alot, when i push one page down the order gets messed out and it just doesn't work out.
(This one is really hard to explain, but if i move lets say page 4 down one notch then the page order will mess up, it wont appear under 3 but 3 will appear where 5 used to be etc…no idea if that makes sense).
I've had these problems on all of my comics, not sure if there's anything i'm doing wrong.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Udyr wrote:
I got a problem whenever I upload my comic it turns out really odd-looking qualitywise (like its a bigger size than the original file). It refuses to let me upload things that's not 1000x pixel width, and if i upload smaller it will awkwardly make the image bigger which makes the quality look absolutely dreadful. I've tried both resizing, changing files and to change the layout settings but there is no option on how big of size you want your pages to be!
Also I have trouble with arranging comics as it bugs out quite alot, when i push one page down the order gets messed out and it just doesn't work out.
(This one is really hard to explain, but if i move lets say page 4 down one notch then the page order will mess up, it wont appear under 3 but 3 will appear where 5 used to be etc…no idea if that makes sense).
I've had these problems on all of my comics, not sure if there's anything i'm doing wrong.

Sounds like some weird bugs. Thanks for reporting them.
I'll have to check those out when I have time.
I've never heard of file dimensions being made bigger! Generally everything gets shrunk to 960 pixels wide.

Posted at

I messed up Im new and have a vague understanding of everything here so sorry if this is the wrong forum for this but I want to change my username and there is no manual change button so can someone help me out?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I've messaged you about it :)

Udyr
Udyr
Posted at

Hi, when not logged in half of one of my comics is just…disapearing from its orgin page.
Its still OK when I log in but when not, it jumps right into page 37 and the other first pages are just gone like they never excited.
:( Its the one called Extinct, i tried to go into internet explorer to see if there is an issue with my browser but it was still messed up.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Udyr wrote:
Hi, when not logged in half of one of my comics is just…disapearing from its orgin page.
Its still OK when I log in but when not, it jumps right into page 37 and the other first pages are just gone like they never excited.
:( Its the one called Extinct, i tried to go into internet explorer to see if there is an issue with my browser but it was still messed up.
I've just checked in the system.
The lives dates on those pages are wrong for some reason. They do not show up because they're not "live" yet. Or they have not bee posted yet.
I know they WERE initially but the dates are wrong now, they're wrong.
Page 34 is set to be posted on the 28th of December 2017 I think

I could fix that but It would be much quicker if you did it :)

AmeliaP
AmeliaP
Posted at

Is it the place to report bugs? I have a major one to report. Not only my comic was deleted, my I was deleted as user. How is it possible?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.