Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

AmeliaP wrote:
Is it the place to report bugs? I have a major one to report. Not only my comic was deleted, my I was deleted as user. How is it possible?
This is the place :)

Thanks again for reporting it!

For those who don't know, it wasn't a bug, Amelia's account was accidentally deleted when we were getting rid of spam accounts, and I'm very, very sorry that happened.

Posted at

I am having a page order problem on Mindfold. I wanted to put a new page at the very beginning of the comic, so I uploaded it and started the process of moving it to the right spot. After reading Ashtree's post here, I learned that it is apparently impossible to move a page farther than 20 slots in either direction, so my plan to move the page 60 slots wouldn't work. So I gave up and deleted the new page, but now my page order is messed up. Page 61 shows up before page 60 and it won't move. I made sure that the live dates are in the correct order, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

fallopiancrusader wrote:
I am having a page order problem on Mindfold. I wanted to put a new page at the very beginning of the comic, so I uploaded it and started the process of moving it to the right spot. After reading Ashtree's post here, I learned that it is apparently impossible to move a page farther than 20 slots in either direction, so my plan to move the page 60 slots wouldn't work. So I gave up and deleted the new page, but now my page order is messed up. Page 61 shows up before page 60 and it won't move. I made sure that the live dates are in the correct order, but that didn't seem to make a difference.
OK, I'll look at the order.

Posted at

Looks like it's all sorted now. Thanks so much! Is there currently any way for a regular user to do that on their own? I'm a big fan of radical self-reliance

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

fallopiancrusader wrote:
Looks like it's all sorted now. Thanks so much! Is there currently any way for a regular user to do that on their own? I'm a big fan of radical self-reliance
I know what you mean, but no :(
When sorting sometimes a bug happens and multiple pages get the same index number, which it's impossible for the user to know about, and that causes the pages to sort wrongly.
The only way for a regular user to fix it (other than ask me), would be to pay a programmer directly to fix it.
Sorry man :(

hkmaly
hkmaly
Posted at

I've got CSRF error when tried to login using link in header ; was forced to go to login page and login there.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

hkmaly wrote:
I've got CSRF error when tried to login using link in header ; was forced to go to login page and login there.
Bizarre!
Thanks for reporting that it will have to be looked into.
it may be related to the case sensitivity issue.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

OK, it's unrelated to the case sensitivity bug, it's different. Alexey may have overlooked this login when he was fixing the other bug.
OK, I'll contact him about it.

Posted at

I want to add a tenth page to my comic, but it keeps giving initial error screen.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

There should be no issue with that.
What's the file type?
Also, did you add a title to the page?

Posted at

Should I, erm, delete this post/be concerned?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

No, please don't. A spammer commented on it which changed the post rank. I deleted the comment along with their account but the ranking doesn't change.

Stahlberg
Stahlberg
Posted at

I searched but couldn't find, what does the "NOTE: The total size of your files cannot exceed 20Mb." mean? Total size of my web comic?

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Stahlberg wrote:
I searched but couldn't find, what does the "NOTE: The total size of your files cannot exceed 20Mb." mean? Total size of my web comic?

Single image/page shouldn't exceed 20 Mb.

Eustacheus
Eustacheus
Posted at

I want to edit a page from my comic but I don't want to change its date. But when I try to edit the page it sets a date from 2019 since 2018 isn't available in the dropdown menu anymore. Is there a way to keep the date?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

No.
You can message me with a link to the page and a note about what date you want and I can fix that for you.

Freiha
Freiha
Posted at

stinger9 wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:
That page count (29 according to your profile and I counted your pages and it matched), accurately reflects all pages of your comic that are "live".
You may have more that are scheduled to update. Those aren't counted until the date they go live as well.
Oops, you're right, the live dates on any page I edited from last year had their year changed to 2017, putting it at later this year. Weird, guess it must have messed up when I edited them! Sorry about that!

Edit: Never mind, just realised when I tried to fix them, it's just because 2016 isn't an option any more!

Hello everyone,

I have a problem that is related to this.
I often go back to update older pages to fix typos, etc.
However, lately whenever I do, a huge bunch of pages from the updated page onward are updated as well with the year set to 2020. Which makes some pages disappear as they are scheduled to upload later the year and as soon as it hits end of 2020, pages are scheduled beginning of 2020 and so on.
I can see why the page I edited might get a new year assigned as in the dropdown there's no option to choose any year <2020 but I don't know why pages I haven't touched get new years assigned, too. :/ (I did update ALL pages some months ago…maybe that's why all the years are messed up? Oh dear :/ )

Everytime it happened, I picked a random date earlier this year to make the pages reappear. About 250 pages are affected by it.

Can anyone help?

Thank you very much!

~Freiha

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Freiha wrote:
stinger9 wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:
That page count (29 according to your profile and I counted your pages and it matched), accurately reflects all pages of your comic that are "live".
You may have more that are scheduled to update. Those aren't counted until the date they go live as well.
Oops, you're right, the live dates on any page I edited from last year had their year changed to 2017, putting it at later this year. Weird, guess it must have messed up when I edited them! Sorry about that!

Edit: Never mind, just realised when I tried to fix them, it's just because 2016 isn't an option any more!

Hello everyone,

I have a problem that is related to this.
I often go back to update older pages to fix typos, etc.
However, lately whenever I do, a huge bunch of pages from the updated page onward are updated as well with the year set to 2020. Which makes some pages disappear as they are scheduled to upload later the year and as soon as it hits end of 2020, pages are scheduled beginning of 2020 and so on.
I can see why the page I edited might get a new year assigned as in the dropdown there's no option to choose any year <2020 but I don't know why pages I haven't touched get new years assigned, too. :/ (I did update ALL pages some months ago…maybe that's why all the years are messed up? Oh dear :/ )

Everytime it happened, I picked a random date earlier this year to make the pages reappear. About 250 pages are affected by it.

Can anyone help?

Thank you very much!

~Freiha

That's a nasty pickle :(
The only way is to just go though methodically and edit each date :(

In the admin system it's even slower because I have to fill in missing info about the page in the forms like file type and stuff. :(

Freiha
Freiha
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:

That's a nasty pickle :(
The only way is to just go though methodically and edit each date :(

In the admin system it's even slower because I have to fill in missing info about the page in the forms like file type and stuff. :(

Hi ozoneocean,

Thank you for your reply.

That's OK. I don't mind that the dates are all mixed up now as long as the pages are visible and I understand why it happens.
Seeing that a lot of people have the same issue, I'm wondering if there's a way to prevent it in the future.
Maybe like this: Lock the date of pages that were uploaded before beginning of the current year and add an "Edit the date of this page" button with a small text that says that one can't choose a date in the previous year. Clicking the button will enable the date drop downs, otherwise they'll stay unchanged.

Regards
~Freiha

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You're right! It's something that needs tweaking!

Posted at

my page count seems to be wrong. it says 24 even though there are actually 27 pages as of this post. and yes they're all up, not waiting in the future or something. (could it be because I retroactively added a page in the middle of the comic?)

also, unless I'm wrong, comic subpages can only be viewed by registered users. why? this means anonymous guests can't see my About page :/

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Matt Comics wrote:
my page count seems to be wrong. it says 24 even though there are actually 27 pages as of this post. and yes they're all up, not waiting in the future or something. (could it be because I retroactively added a page in the middle of the comic?)

also, unless I'm wrong, comic subpages can only be viewed by registered users. why? this means anonymous guests can't see my About page :/
I fixed your page count issue- you'd obviously edited 3 pages and the "live date" had switched over to today's year although the month stayed the same:
So they weren't due to be seen again till September this year. :(

The Subpage stuff is weird :(

Posted at

ooooh. I didn't notice that the dropdown doesn't go into the past. heck I didn't even notice it's already been addressed in this thread when I skimmed through it.

I think I'll just move my pages to the current year just in case I need to edit notes again. I'm still figuring out a lot of stuff on this site!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I'm glad to have been some help :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.