Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

KimLuster wrote:
plymayer wrote:
There's something more to it than that.  Not sure what.  In the novel Dracula could walk about at noon.  Something about not casting shaddows.   
There is a reason for the none image thing.  Don't remember what it is.
Of course, authors after Stoker are free to do what ever makes the story better… 

bravo1102 wrote:
Not shoiwng up on film or mirrors makes is awfully hard to be self-absorbed and narcissistic. Maybe if a vampire is totally narcissistic they can will themselves to appear in mirrors and selfies so they can admire themselves.
It has to do with belief about souls I think…  Shadows and Refections could show the soul, I think (a belief held by some groups today - they won't let you take their picture) - and since Vampires are 'soulless monsters'… ;)
And then there are Asian vampires which are often completely invisible, but occasionally cast a shadow so you hold a lantern to see one by the shadow it casts on the ground.  Some cultures believed that a mirror was you alternate or evil look-alike so therefore you could find a vampire using mirrors.  They were only souls so cast shadows and reflections but could will their body to be invsible.
All kinds of cultural variations out there let alone fictional ones.

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

She looks beautiful, Dragonaur - she don't need no shadow!!!

plymayer
plymayer
Posted at

VinoMas "I think it would cool to try an alternate catwalk. Screen did an awesome job, but we could use more." 
Skreem's is awesome.  Here's another for variety.

Posted at

GROUP PHOTO ON THE DUCKWALK

(Left to Right: Kyoko dressed in KD, Khthonis dressed in KD, Leona dressed in HippieVan)

FILTER EXPLOSION!

plymayer
plymayer
Posted at

NICE! :)

kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
GROUP PHOTO ON THE DUCKWALK

(Left to Right: Kyoko dressed in KD, Khthonis dressed in KD, Leona dressed in HippieVan)

FILTER EXPLOSION!

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

All these just continue to impress!!  The modern clothes personalized for Orn are especially so…!!

Posted at

Orn looks like she is going to start break dancing! So awesome! Kyoko, Khthonis, and Leona are owning that catwalk.

Dragonaur
Dragonaur
Posted at

KimLuster wrote:
She looks beautiful, Dragonaur - she don't need no shadow!!!
skreem wrote:
Wow Dragonaur! Sorrow looks awesome in this! Love her pose too :)

Dragonaur wrote:
http://dragonaur.deviantart.com/art/Ms-Sorrow-Fashion-521034313

Here is Skreem's "Miss Sorrow." Speaking of casting no shadows. Neither does Ms Sorrow! Coincidence?

Thanks! Kim, Skreem. And looks like someone did some slight of hand and got the image inlined! Kewl!

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

@Nitemare2004: So awesome! Orn looks like she's ready to bust a move in that outfit! Love it! <3 :3

@Kawaii: Glad you like it! I was definitely going for a more "witchy" look with this one.

@Fallopiancrusader: Glad you like the leggings and armlets :D

@KimLuster: Hahah, I know right? Looks like she's gonna go out and breakdance or something :D hehe.

Posted at

Dragonaur wrote:
And looks like someone did some slight of hand and got the image inlined! Kewl!

It was me. I went back and fixed all the images from all your posts in this thread. Drunk Duck uses BBCode which is a tad different from html.

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

Plymayer's Avatar modelling Simmering Breeze

Plymayer's Avatar is the most iconic on the Duck, in my opinion.  Just a simple two-colored face, but it conveys so much: style, attitude, coolness…  I thought it the perfect face of a Man-in-Black, so the Avatar has cameoed in my comic, the Godstrain, a few times already as exactly that!.
And here's the Avatar (that's what it is, The Avatar) shedding the suit, strutting around, owning the world.  The ensemble he's wearing sends different, even conflicting, vibes: trenchcoat with barechest, heat and coolness.  All interesting men do that!  That's why we call it Simmering Breeze!  For a larger image please check out my Godstrain Extras comic (link Below)
Godstrain Extras

plymayer
plymayer
Posted at

That is so cool  Thank you.  I'm honored.

KimLuster wrote:
Plymayer's Avatar modelling Simmering Breeze
Plymayer's Avatar is the most iconic on the Duck, in my opinion.  
 And here's the Avatar (that's what it is, The Avatar) shedding the suit, strutting around, owning the world.  The ensemble he's wearing sends different, even conflicting, vibes: trenchcoat with barechest, heat and coolness.  
Godstrain Extras

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

Very nice Kim! Seems the guys so far have proven to be too sexy for their shirts while they're doing their turn on the catwalk! xD

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

Peipei wrote:
Very nice Kim! Seems the guys so far have proven to be too sexy for their shirts while they're doing their turn on the catwalk! xD
*sings* "they're too sexy for their shirts… for their shirts… so sexy it hurts…"

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

Khthonia modelling Bloody Sunday

I'm not sure exactly why I like that character Khthonia so much.  She seems primarily interesting in fighting and f***ing, not necessarily in that order, and while I'm not against those things by any means, if those are the main draw of a story, I'm usually not interested.  I initially started following her in RimJob because of FallopianCrusader's otherworldly artistic ability (he could paint a brick and it'd be art museum worthy), but the character just sorta grew on me for her own sake.  She's… Raw!!  She knows what she wants and goes and gets it (even while under sentences of death!).  She doesn't give a flying fig what anyone thinks!  And she does it with style…
Even though she's an Orc that lives in an alternate Skyrim world, her appearance is clearly inspired by Betty Page - the Queen of the Pinups.  And even though Betty Page posed for lots of risque pics, she also made several elegant ones, wearing dresses and such, in sweet innocent poses.  It's the latter I tried to recapture with Khthonia, while retaining an element of Kthonia's savage rawness!  It didn't come together quite like I hoped, but it was an honest effort… (I can't make Khthonia live quite like FC can…)
Khthonia is wearing a Sunday Dress, with blood-like splatter-patterns (could be real blood - I didn't ask; maybe it's made from a retooled butcher's apron), thus the name of the outfit, Bloody Sunday!  Don't let the blood throw you.  Watch her strut in style and clap anyway…!!
To see a larger image please visit Godstrain Extras

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

PlyMayer's avatar looks so wonderfully mysterious there! Great job on these, KimLuster!

Dragonaur
Dragonaur
Posted at

kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
Dragonaur wrote:
And looks like someone did some slight of hand and got the image inlined! Kewl!

It was me. I went back and fixed all the images from all your posts in this thread. Drunk Duck uses BBCode which is a tad different from html.
Kawaii, Thanks so much. I'm familiar with bbcode in general but the duck's system is pretty crapaya. I'll try duping what you did on my next image post.

Posted at

@ KimLuster: I love the portrait of Khthonis! Her arms are all macho and imposing, but her legs are crossed so demurely. So cute! Now I have that "bloody Sunday" song by U2 stuck in my head

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

fallopiancrusader wrote:
@ KimLuster: I love the portrait of Khthonis! Her arms are all macho and imposing, but her legs are crossed so demurely. So cute! Now I have that "bloody Sunday" song by U2 stuck in my head
U2 being one of my fave acts, I can't say it didn't have an influence!!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.