Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

Princess January modeling Double Cross!
So I saw the preview for ‘The Royals’, a new TV drama about the (fictional) British Royal Family.  Elizabeth Hurley is the Queen and I liked the way she looked and dressed - simple elegance!  So that's what I attempted with our own Drunk Duck Royalty, Princess January (takin' a selfie)!
.I call this outfit ‘Double Cross’:  Ya know, the two crosses, the play on words, vampires and crosses…
For the larger image, visit Godstrain Extras

Posted at

I love the dress! It reminds me of that Christian LaCroix jacket from 1988. The big question is: would a vampire show up in a selfie, or is an iPhone like a mirror?

plymayer
plymayer
Posted at

Dracula didn't show up in a picture in The Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973), which took place in the early 70s.

fallopiancrusader wrote:
I love the dress! It reminds me of that Christian LaCroix jacket from 1988. The big question is: would a vampire show up in a selfie, or is an iPhone like a mirror?

plymayer
plymayer
Posted at

KimLuster's Kimber Lee dressed as the goth girl friend.

Paper doll submitted for the DD fashion show. 

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

fallopiancrusader wrote:
Thanks!  And I was supposed to mention that in my text body as well, but plain forgot!!  Something like "Takin' a Selfie she can't see!"

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

plymayer wrote:
KimLuster's Kimber Lee dressed as the goth girl friend…
And I love it!  I have a scene planned (won't happen for several months) where Kimber Lee might just wear something like this for a night!

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

Anne's Rice's Vampires certainly could show up in mirrors and photos, though - I guess different writers just decide what to keep from the legends and what to toss out! :D

Posted at

The vampires in "Being Human" (the British version, of course!) didn't show up in videos, which made for some funny scenes. So the legend certainly is up to interpretation.

Posted at

@plymayer: That sheer skirt/garter belt combo is just too sexy!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Not shoiwng up on film or mirrors makes is awfully hard to be self-absorbed and narcissistic. Maybe if a vampire is totally narcissistic they can will themselves to appear in mirrors and selfies so they can admire themselves.

plymayer
plymayer
Posted at

Sorry, I'm an old pervert at heart.   A nice guy in reality.

fallopiancrusader wrote:
@plymayer: That sheer skirt/garter belt combo is just too sexy!

plymayer
plymayer
Posted at

Thanks.  I have a hard time keeping the images from going bad.

usedbooks wrote:
@plymayer:
When you post an image, delete all the stuff from the location that follows the .jpg (so, start deleting at the ? ).

plymayer
plymayer
Posted at

There's something more to it than that.  Not sure what.  In the novel Dracula could walk about at noon.  Something about not casting shaddows.   
There is a reason for the none image thing.  Don't remember what it is.
Of course, authors after Stoker are free to do what ever makes the story better…

bravo1102 wrote:
Not shoiwng up on film or mirrors makes is awfully hard to be self-absorbed and narcissistic. Maybe if a vampire is totally narcissistic they can will themselves to appear in mirrors and selfies so they can admire themselves.

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

plymayer wrote:
There's something more to it than that.  Not sure what.  In the novel Dracula could walk about at noon.  Something about not casting shaddows.   
There is a reason for the none image thing.  Don't remember what it is.
Of course, authors after Stoker are free to do what ever makes the story better…

bravo1102 wrote:
It has to do with belief about souls I think…  Shadows and Refections could show the soul, I think (a belief held by some groups today - they won't let you take their picture) - and since Vampires are 'soulless monsters'… ;)

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

Wow! Very cool Nitemare2004! I like that you decided to keep things simple with Ron, but I like the pattern you added on his shirt! Looks like he got caught up in a windy day! Thanks dude, good work! I love it! :D

VinoMas
VinoMas
Posted at

Wow!  KimLuster - you outdid yourself with the Princess January!  And nice looks Nitemare and everyone one else that has been posting photos.  Loving the vampire conversation.  It helps when writing for Princess January.  However, she is  not happy that you are talking about her "situation".  You know how sensitive she is about being "vamped".

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

I hoped you would like what i did Vino!!  And nightmare, you brought the Ritz out in Ron!!

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

Haven't had a lot of time this week to work on many designs or do much of anything fashion related, but I had this one floating around in my head for quite some time now. Today, I had a tiny bit of a grace period to put it on paper. Thanks to Kawaiidaigakusei's doll, I feel like the design has manifested in to something so much cooler than I imagined :D!

Design #6: Pagan Dancer

Model: Leona

Posted at

SO. Totally. AWESOME. Peipei. I feel like this outfit embraces my inner Demoness. I should wear this outfit next time I go to church. What a beautiful imagination!

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

Wow Peipeip that is fantastic - a demon genie :)  Love the outfit and hair Vino!!

Posted at

@PeiPei: great outfit. I want a pair of those arm and leg warmers! @VinoMas: I am digging sexy leprechaun look and the pride hair.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.