Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Technically, she doesn't meed a partner, just a scene. ;) We could change the procedure of the game/project. Let Pit pick someone to give her a scene, and she can assign a scene to the next interested person.

Then there's no mutual commitment/timing to worry about. It also might encourage others to join if the next person can see what comic their character will be subjected too.

Just a thought

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

usedbooks wrote:
Technically, she doesn't meed a partner, just a scene. ;) We could change the procedure of the game/project. Let Pit pick someone to give her a scene, and she can assign a scene to the next interested person.

Then there's no mutual commitment/timing to worry about. It also might encourage others to join if the next person can see what comic their character will be subjected too.

Just a thought
That's such a good though I think you should lead this.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Yeah. I can do that. It'd be pretty easy with a "tag off" style. I'll just copy over and rewrite "the rules" with an edit or two.

~~~~

DD CHARACTER SWAP
(thought up by PitFace and OzoneOcean)

HOW IT WORKS

• Post on this thread for a scene assignment.
  • When you join, you will be assigned a scene (a page or two) from the previous participant's comic and told which character to swap out for your own.
  • Redraw the scene in its native setting but with your own character replacing the original.
  • Post finished page(s) in this thread and/or PQ usedbooks to upload to the comic.
  • When someone else joins, give them an assignment from your own comic.

RULES

• There is no time limit on your contribution, but when someone else joins, please give them their assignment in a timely manner. (If you don't receive an assignment within a week, you will be allowed to pick your own scene.)
  • You cannot go another round until you have completed your previous assignment.
  • No "fish out of water" reactions. Your character has ended up in whatever scene he or she is in and "fits" into the world. – They will be dressed and equipped to fit into the setting and role but will also act in character. (This can be very close to the swapped-out character or completely differently.)
  • Assignments can be protagonist, antagonist, or side-kick type swaps but should be the central character in the scene.

~~~~

@Pit, would you be okay with a Used Books scene assigned to kick off the chain? (Or someone else can give you a scene.)

Posted at

I'm excited to see this pick up more, I will finish mine soon!

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

I'd be totally fine with a Used Books Scene! SOCK IT TO ME, UB!

Udyr
Udyr
Posted at

I'm in! I love this idea.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

This is a cool Idea. I would like to try my hand at this.

Udyr
Udyr
Posted at

Ah awesome, I need to come up with a scene then as soon as i get time (doing homework atm ;_;), so the next person under will be assigned the scenes I pick out? And does the character appearing in Pit's comic has to be the same that the next replaces? (:

Udyr
Udyr
Posted at

Ok so these scenes you can try make something out of;

https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/Torn_Vines/5505602/

https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/Torn_Vines/5505603/

TLDR setting: You find a homeless man in the park and he's being attacked
by a random guy hating on homeless, so you kick his ass (or whatever reaction you want) then proceed to carry the hobo home after he pass out.

The character you're swapping with is Crystal Belune (the girl, she's a transwoman but its not really super important for your character to be it since saying 'you're no woman to me' can be used on any girl/guy as an insult).
If you want to just do the first page that's ok too.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

@Udyr: Awesome (and fast!). I'll upload to the comic when you finish up the scene.

@cdmalcolm1: Yep. That's yours. :)

It's "a scene" assignment, which everyone has translated as around two pages. (Typically, one page sets it up and the second is more of the reaction – which is more likely to change drastically depending on the character.)

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

Dude, Udyr! That's fantastic!HAha, seamless match.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

That's brilliant!

I remember that scene from Putrid Meat and I still didn't recognise Urdyr's version at first. xD

It looks great.

EDIT: I remember that scene from Torn Vines too and look forward to seeing what comes of it.

EDITEDIT: Aaaaaand the Pestilent one. Apparently I spend far too much time reading webcomics. >_>

Udyr
Udyr
Posted at

Haha! I read Putrid meat first to get the entire point of the scene, at first glance of those pages i was a bit confused why he yelled at that kid and then after reading the story It made alot of sense…
The next page is a bit on hold right now but ill put it up when I can!

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

Still working on mine. and It's turning out great. I love the pages I got. It somehow works great with what I got. . . I did Change a few things to more or less "FIT" the character sets, But the working pretty much stayed the same. I can't wait to finish it up to show you all. P.S. I Need about 2 more weeks to finish it out. Hope that Is ok.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

Ill take Internecinevisuals. I actually have a character named Charlotte in PM, so Ill swap Charlotte for a Charlotte, lol.

The pages i'll put up for auction aaaarreee—-

Page 192
and Page 193

and for this, you get to swap out TWO characters. In the scene, Bones imagines a confrontation from his personal hero while trying to deal with the possible loss of his city. Yer…ehr…quest…is not only to replace Bones, but also Paul Baloff with who your character that you'd select would look up to and appear to em in a time like this. What would THEY say or do?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.