Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

10 year meme challenge

Emma_Clare
Emma_Clare
Posted at

Hi there everyone!

You might have seen the meme about posting your face from 10 years ago and yourself now. In a recent news post blntmaker suggested that we do that for people's work! Awesome idea!

So, post away!

Here's an example to start:

MOrgan
MOrgan
Posted at

I've edited the naughty stuff. People who want to see the uncensored stuff can visit my comic.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

My first webcomic page, which just happens to be from 2009 and the latest from 2019.

KAM
KAM
Posted at

I did jokingly consider putting up a Son of Mr. & Mrs. Rockhound up from both years, but as I create the art for that in an old bitmap program called SuperPaint there wouldn't be much difference. ;-)

The only 2019 comic drawn in my normal artstyle was done under trying circumstances, so I didn't really look at the "normal" 2009 comics.

I went instead with my more stylized Rhymes With Witch comics which do show some big changes.

Posted at

If it looks like I draw the same or even regressed after all these years there was about a 5 year gap where I practically didn't draw at all :/

Also a preview of an unreleased page!

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

JustNoPoint wrote:

Also a preview of an unreleased page!

Those balloon tails are amazing! How did you resist the temptation to snake one or two between her knees?

Posted at

How do you know I didn't do that just for myself?!
I figure they have enough villains and creatures to worry about without also having to worry about Snake Balloons wrapping them up!

stinger9
stinger9
Posted at

I don't have any of my old comics from 2008/2009 up on here anymore, and those files are long gone, but thankfully, it's pretty easy to reproduce with the line tool, so it may not be 100% accurate, but it's pretty darn close, trust me!

Also included an old bit of fanart of Yiska from Charby the Vampirate that's 8 years old, since that's the oldest thing bit of my art that I can actually still find!

DaniBoy
DaniBoy
Posted at

Tbh I like the linework in my old stuff more than my new linework.

Emma_Clare
Emma_Clare
Posted at

Loving all these flashbacks. It's really cool seeing where you all came from and how your style has evolved. Keep it coming!

Avart
Avart
Posted at

Mine is more like 20 year challenge because from 2000 to 2016 I was completely absent from the comic/drawing/illustration world (drawing ended being a nightmare for me in that time). So I digged really deep and found one of my old 99' comic. It was called Ziria (which in 2016 started to rewrite). Now my world turn into a gloomy one and I started a vampire story called "The Gloom"

Sorry about the length, but I was so excited/nostalgic about this piece of my past.

lothar
lothar
Posted at

Ironscarf - your early stuff looks kinda rotoscoped , i like the recent stuff.

Avart - while your newer stuff is certainly polished the stuff from 20 years ago has a certain charm

Like some others here on DD, i have been on a loooooong haitus and I dont think my art has changed all that much , i wish i had kept drawing

Posted on Feb 6 20009 -

Drawn today :

Love is just a chemical reaction in the brain ,,, rise above ,,, focus on comics.

Posted at

Does a 25 year challenge count? Here are pages from Girlsquadx (drawn in 1994) and Mindfold (drawn in 2019)

Posted at

Ooooh, we were showing progress for our webcomics. Sorry.

Eitherway here:

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.