Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Banes
Banes
Posted at

My friend and I were talking about an aging actor on a series we like that's heading into its final season (hopefully) soon. With the delays in producing the show, even moreso this year, we were wondering if he'd make it.

I meant to text "I hope he does" but it came out as "I hope he dies".

One little letter…xD

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

My rooster wore out my, imo, very generous levels of patience and forgiveness. One of my hens is missing patches of feathers, and the big guy tried to kick me (he doesn't actually have any spurs yet).

I listed him on Craigslist, and within an hour, someone came and got him. So, now I can enjoy my hens without being challenged. (And the injured one can heal.)

Honestly, it may not be his fault. Pretty sure a pen in the city with three hens and close neighbors' backyard roosters crowing all day is not an ideal situation

Anyway, they guy who got him was pretty excited about it. He used to live in a place that didn't allow roosters and now lives out in the country and wants one again.

If I get more chicks in the future, I'm not doing mail-order again. I'll go to a local farm that can take returns of sexing errors. :P

L.C.Stein
L.C.Stein
Posted at

Ozoneocean wrote:
Does anyone else have this issue where your fingers have their own autocorrect function and type the wrong words when you're not watching?
I don't mean that they do spelling mistakes, I mean that they type different words.

Hey, stop trying to usurp my throne of "Queen of the person who wrote that email and then realized after the fact that it was riddled with spelling errors"! :p

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
Fingers? It's your subconscious. It has different ideas about what should be written. The conscious mind is still thinking things over and the subconscious is already telling the fingers what to type.
I don't think the subconscious works that cleverly.
I think the real reason is more basic:
The brain sends out a message about what it wants to type, one word at a time.
When it gets to the fingers though, the memory instruction on spelling is lazy and only gives the first part of the word because it expects the muscle memory to just fill in the rest without having to spell out every single letter of every word- but if I'm not watching the screen to make corrections (like I should), it comes out with different words that are about the same length but start with the same letter.

-It's just muscle memory and a brain too lazy to send detailed instructions because you've typed these words so much in the past that it already has a huge repertoire.
I mean, there are words that if you asked me about them I just wouldn't know how to spell, but my fingers can spell them out when I type them.

I typed much more accurately when I didn't know how to type well because my brain hadn't done the activity enough yet to get so lazy. XD

Banes wrote:
I meant to text "I hope he does" but it came out as "I hope he dies".

One little letter…xD
HAHAHA!

L.C.Stein wrote:
Hey, stop trying to usurp my throne of "Queen of the person who wrote that email and then realized after the fact that it was riddled with spelling errors"! :p
LOL I wish it were only spelling errors XD

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Didn't you know that the subconscious works via quantum entanglement so its instantaneous and thereby bypassing the nervous system and lazy muscles?

Magical spirits of the ether are also assisting along with unicorns and the all the faerie. Muscle memory indeed. Such a boring world you inhabit. (Auto correct suggested know-it-all just then. Careful the ghosts in the machines are on to you too. ) ;)

Posted at

As I sit alone in my dark little room, drinking beer and doing the same tarot card prediction spread I do every New Year's Eve these days (yes, I do believe in magic), I do not let my mind, now as before, be troubled by the hard times of the year that has gone by, but instead be at peace with the good things I've experienced and obtained.

All the good lessons, all the memories, all the boons. This year I've overcome my insecurity and bias towards digital drawing. Learning how to use this new tool has been a precious boon to me and using it has become a second nature. I got to be a guest on the Quackcast 500 (That one I especially enjoyed). I got to be both a volunteer and a nominee in the DD Awards 2020. I've discovered some new delightful comics to read. And overall I feel like I've made myself all the more at home on this wonderful website with all of you guys.

Yes, in this year of isolation and pandemical paranoia, you guys, and this site, has been a tremendous source of joy, comfort and warmth, and for that I am tremendously grateful and at peace.

And so, here at the very hour, I wish all of you wonderful Drunk Ducklings, here on theduckwebcomics.com, and all over the world, a Happy New Year🎆🎆🎆

Banes
Banes
Posted at

What a fine thing to read on New Years Eve, Andreas. Thanks for expressing that and it’s good to see that kind of point of view expressed. Some positivity is just what we need at this time.

I just came to monitor the thread and see how it ends before it’s archived and we begin the 2021 thread - didn’t expect to read something so moving!

All the best to you - and all out ducks - now and in the year ahead! We’re glad you’re here!

Posted at

Happy New Year, Andreas_Helixfinger! Such a splendid and thoughtful final address of the year 2020, you put it into such eloquent words.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Happy new year peoples!!!!!
Yeah, we should start a new thread I suppose… :(

Posted at

Let's close this year down…since it is now 2021 in my area, BY SPITTING ON 2020!!!!!

L.C.Stein
L.C.Stein
Posted at

It's now 2021 where I am too but wanted to echo the praise of the great words and achievements Andreas has listed :D. Definitely a reminder to pat ourselves on the back and, despite the negatives that have happened, focus on the positive. I wish that 2021 was like flipping a switch and suddenly the world goes back to normal, but there is always hope in a new year!

I'm still pretty new here, but the past few months I have been here, you've been very supportive. Happy 2021!!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

OK! Closing the thread now!
Good bye 2020! Hello 2021!!!

Thanks guys for sticking with DD, I love all of you <3

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.