Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

kawaiidaigakusei wrote:

I am glad you tested negative. Stay strong.

Thanks Kawaii', feeling much better now. :)

I had both jabs and the booster Ozone and if it wasn't for those antibodies rolling up their sleeves and getting stuck in, I would've been much worse off.

DAJB is hardly recognisable from the person I remember on DD. I first noticed the change with the arrival of Comicsgate and now his social media output seems entirely dominated by conspiracy theory content. It's worrying.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Honestly at one point I thought he was hacked myself but people do fall down the rabbit hole of conspiratorial thinking and very hard to find one's way out again.

Posted at

Ozoneocean wrote:
Have you had your booster?

BTW, anyway seen what happened to DJAB?

Triple vax’d and double mask’d because it is required in order to have any resemblance of normal life where I live. Mandatory carding of people before eating at restaurants, comedy clubs, museums, even art shows in the big cities. Masks are still mandatory anywhere indoors, but that is supposed to be lifted next week.

I stood inside the Bellagio lobby in Las Vegas last December, which was packed with people from every continent and probably every US State, so chances are that I have been exposed to a cocktail of mutated variants (past, present, and future).

All I know and remember about DAJB was his avatar of the man with brown hair, glasses, and a square jaw.

Speaking of old school DD’ers, I was VERY surprised (an understatement) when I noticed that Tera Forming had returned to update “his/her/their” comic back in 2021 and that Gunwallace very creatively composed a musical score. It completely fell under my radar. Now THAT would have been news one year ago.

bravo1102 wrote:
People do fall down the rabbit hole of conspiratorial thinking and very hard to find one's way out again.

And sometimes it is fun to keep falling. There are certainly a lot of funny stand-up comedians and MMA fighters hanging out down there.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

LOL… Joe Rogan haha!
Yes, that DAJB. He is an older English blog ke with a grown son. A nice, friendly chap usually, but always had the potential to be seduced by the darkside. The signs were always there… Loved Thatcher, supported Brexit, the gamergate/comicsgate thing mentioned, loved that "Pie" comedian whatever he's called that pretends to be a pissed off news reader so he can say right wing stuff and make it sounds as if he's a frustrated journalist who just wants to "tell the truth" 🤣🤣🤣

Silly chap beloves we have concentration camps in Australia for unvaccinated people 😅

Ah well.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Ozoneocean wrote:
Silly chap beloves we have concentration camps in Australia for unvaccinated people 😅

Ah well.

You do! I've seen the YouTube videos! It's like the FEMA camps in the US! And they're all connected by the supersonic underground railroad to the massive Deep Underground Military Bases.

No one can say I don't keep up with the conspiratorial thinkers. It's really funny when you discover exactly what old (as in 1970s-80s old) movie they copped their latest theory from. The secret tunnels creating booms and sounds people hear on the surface is actually from a couple of movies including one great popcorn pulp movie with the Chinese tunneling to the US. 🤣

Posted at

bravo1102

You do! I've seen the YouTube videos! It's like the FEMA camps in the US! And they're all connected by the supersonic underground railroad to the massive Deep Underground Military Bases.

No one can say I don't keep up with the conspiratorial thinkers. It's really funny when you discover exactly what old (as in 1970s-80s old) movie they copped their latest theory from. The secret tunnels creating booms and sounds people hear on the surface is actually from a couple of movies including one great popcorn pulp movie with the Chinese tunneling to the US. 🤣

This reminds me of Alex Jones back in the 2010's talking about chemicals in the water turning the freaking frogs gay:P If I'm not mistaken this comes from an old cycle of conspiracy theories back in the USA of the 1950's about the soviets putting chemicals in the americans drinking water, that was designed to brainwash them or to deteriarate their masculinty or something like that.

The same kind of conspiracy theories that inspired the amazing character that is the United States Air Force Brigadier General Jack D. Ripper in the black comedy film Dr Strangelove (1964). A man who after having sex with a woman experienced a sense of emptiness, from which he drew the brilliant conclusion that it was all because of a global communist conspiracy to sap and impuerify all of our precious bodily fluids, which is why he had to go ahead and nuke the russian motherland😂

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

John Birch Society. They were the ones who started up the fluoridated water mythology, that conspiratorial thinkers are still convincing people about over sixty years later.
Many of the conspiracy theories actually have their origins in far right writings done after WW2 by Neo-nazis who worshipped Hitler. Of course the myth of Hitler's survival was among these as well as the Neuschwaben Land Antarctica bases and Nazi saucers. The Soviets were behind the stories about the Nazis defeating an American attack in 1947 led by Admiral Byrd. Really interesting stuff that feeds back on itself with all kinds of disinformation from intelligence agencies (these guys will believe anything let's sell them this whopper!) To whistle blowers of dubious credentials trying to make a quick buck.

There's a sucker born every minute and these people will believe anything so long as it fits into their belief system, Facts, logic and evidence notwithstanding

And it's all so entertaining. 🤣🤣

I mined a lot of conspiracy theories for my stories. Belle's Best has them in abundance but subtly altered because this is the "truth" behind the stories.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
including one great popcorn pulp movie with the Chinese tunneling to the US. 🤣
Love that movie, I've seen it a few times. I think it's North Koreans though?
That confused me as a kid because I didn't really know about them and the Korean war.

———

You know the biggest lesson we need to take fro conspiracy thinkers?
It's that we're all vulnerable. No matter how smart, questioning, and clever you are, there's no vaccine against falling into that way of thinking.
I think we just have to be constantly vigilant to a degree and fact check some of our thinking.

But if we ever think we're immune to conspiracy- that's how you know you're probably a believer XD

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Ozoneocean wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:
including one great popcorn pulp movie with the Chinese tunneling to the US. 🤣
Love that movie, I've seen it a few times. I think it's North Koreans though?
Battle Beneath the Earth (1967) Renegade Chinese general. I found it on YouTube and watched it again.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Ozoneocean wrote:

You know the biggest lesson we need to take fro conspiracy thinkers?
It's that we're all vulnerable. No matter how smart, questioning, and clever you are, there's no vaccine against falling into that way of thinking.
I think we just have to be constantly vigilant to a degree and fact check some of our thinking.

But if we ever think we're immune to conspiracy- that's how you know you're probably a believer XD

A fool thinks he's a wise man, but a wise man knows he's a fool.

For instance, all knowing oracle Google says the original Spider Woman was Jessica Drew, but any fool knows it was a librarian called Valerie, who appeared in 1975 with a very smart afro.

elektro
elektro
Posted at

Andreas_Helixfinger wrote:
This reminds me of Alex Jones back in the 2010's talking about chemicals in the water turning the freaking frogs gay:P If I'm not mistaken this comes from an old cycle of conspiracy theories back in the USA of the 1950's about the soviets putting chemicals in the americans drinking water, that was designed to brainwash them or to deteriarate their masculinty or something like that.

The same kind of conspiracy theories that inspired the amazing character that is the United States Air Force Brigadier General Jack D. Ripper in the black comedy film Dr Strangelove (1964). A man who after having sex with a woman experienced a sense of emptiness, from which he drew the brilliant conclusion that it was all because of a global communist conspiracy to sap and impuerify all of our precious bodily fluids, which is why he had to go ahead and nuke the russian motherland😂

Not to defend that clown Alex Jones, but he was talking about Atrazine.

Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:

Battle Beneath the Earth (1967) Renegade Chinese general. I found it on YouTube and watched it again.

Nice one. I watched it this morning and now wonder if that is what a typical day working for The Boring Company is like.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

elektro wrote:
Andreas_Helixfinger wrote:

Not to defend that clown Alex Jones, but he was talking about Atrazine.

I think Alex was conflating the Atrazine story and the gay bomb story that Andreas mentions. Because he was always talking about "gay" frogs. The chemical only works on male frogs and only hinders physical sexual development- not changing their sexuality. So you're both right. ^_^

—————–

Wow, I heard a bit of Adele's speach at the Brit awards (on a news headline). What a horrible speaking voice. I was shocked. She sounds like a 12 year old. How embarrassing. o_o

She's not alone though. Many singers have terrible speaking voices.

elektro
elektro
Posted at

Ozoneocean wrote:
Wow, I heard a bit of Adele's speach at the Brit awards (on a news headline). What a horrible speaking voice. I was shocked. She sounds like a 12 year old. How embarrassing. o_o

Ever heard of the metal band Death? While performing, Chuck Schuldiner would have this growl (and later screech) going on. His speaking voice, however, sounded like a surfer dude.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Ozoneocean wrote:

Have you not seen concert footage? The mockney banter is a huge part of her stage persona.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Ironscarf wrote:
Ozoneocean wrote:

Have you not seen concert footage? The mockney banter is a huge part of her stage persona.
I watched some on incognito mode on youtube (I do not want more of that stuff recommended to me haha). It was very mokney, like watching someone copying an episode of East Enders.
The speach I heard on the radio though was different, she was imitating that British Caribbean style of talking almost, almost like Ali G, but in the way that children do it.
-Though her singing voice is very much an imitation of an American black woman so I suppose she just doesn't know when to drop the personas…

@Electro- Hahaha, yeah, death metal is all about fake personas and pretend voices so the contrast with his real one has to be super striking XD

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That's so sad about Russia invading Ukraine :(

After the weakness of Yeltzin and the damage he did to Russia they really needed a strong leader like Putin to rebuild them but he's a dinosaur now. Russia doesn't need him anymore. He's a relic… Russia is healthy and the world has moved well past his old car war ideas.

And now he's drawing his country into war to justify his existence. It's awful.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Ozoneocean wrote:
That's so sad about Russia invading Ukraine :(

After the weakness of Yeltzin and the damage he did to Russia they really needed a strong leader like Putin to rebuild them but he's a dinosaur now. Russia doesn't need him anymore. He's a relic… Russia is healthy and the world has moved well past his old car war ideas.

And now he's drawing his country into war to justify his existence. It's awful.
In order for the czar to be strong – there must be war. War unites the people behind the czar in the crusade to save kindred Slavs from those who would oppress them. Putin is using the old Russian autocratic playbook. It's all scripted ahead and usually plays out the same. This is a 18th-19th century play that is out of place in today's world. But Russia has always liked to gobble up its neighbors and hard words don't always work.

lothar
lothar
Posted at

So It looks like the next chapter of this horror show that is the 20s could be all out world war. I've been prepping for this for the past 4 months but now that it's here I'm a little freaked out. I'm a not so far from China over here.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

lothar wrote:
So It looks like the next chapter of this horror show that is the 20s could be all out world war. I've been prepping for this for the past 4 months but now that it's here I'm a little freaked out. I'm a not so far from China over here.
And North Korea…
I'm pretty sure that if things start collapsing like dominoes then NK will jump at the chance.

Let's just hope it stays contained to Russia and Ukraine because Xi Ping is as nutty and Putin.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Only a matter of time before he reaches Dover. I might get a head start and take up the balalaika.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

All this "I stand with Ukraine" stuff has felt off to me and now I finally know why:

It's like when you get into a fight and all your friends are with you and they say they've got your back and encourage you and give you support… but when it comes to the actual fight they all back away.
You're facing this huge, angry person and you hear faint messages of support from people who are never going to step in an actually help you against that person.

And you just want to tell them to **** off.

That's what all this "I Stand with Ukraine" says to me.

None of these people stand with anything. They're just cheering from the sidelines. I don't expect them to go and fight, in fact that would be worse, but I also don't think that should be saying what they are.

If anything they should be saying that stand against Putin and that stand with the civilians of Ukraine instead of gleefully talking about war and nationalism and heroics while taking zero part in it.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yeah, there's a lot of corruption and stupidity there. It goes back years… Like Putin's ambitions for Ukraine.

At the moment the pro Ukraine propaganda is crazy in all the news services but there's a lot of really dumb pro-Russian propaganda trying to paint civilian casualties in Ukraine as "false flag" operations. It's sad.
Aside from all the propaganda though it's pretty stark that Russia is absolutely in the wrong.

————————-

I've been looking at the Quail's Random list on the front page for comics to do a Friday Fashion Spotlight feature on and I came across a few that stopped updating in the 2010-2012 sort of period.

A lot of them had a message that went- "Thanks for the feature and all the support but I'm leaving because I don't like this site anymore, find me at "X", which is better…"

Ironically "X" is pretty much invariably a dead site because DD just kept going while those sites they left for died :(
(they left DD for dead but their alternative died instead)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.