Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

lothar wrote:
Soon even the DJs will be replaced by ai.

But not the JD!
Be crazy if they replaced alcohol with an AI that stimulates all the effects of getting drunk in your body without the potential health problems.
Replace drugs too. Just pop the AI pill and have a great trip, even programmable hallucinations, come back and no ill effects.

And you can switch the buzz, drunk or trip at any time just by informing the AI.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Newsreaders replaced with AI Link: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-13/artificial-intelligence-news-readers-becoming-common-in-asia/102591790
They come up with fake justifications of various kinds about linguistics and such but it's all a lie. AI bots mean they can control the fake news reader and they can't do anything embarrassing or controversial and it also means they don't have to pay a human being.

These morons even came up with a stupid bio for the fake person:
"Chuffed to be 1st AI anchor for AajTak. Sports & puzzles enthusiast.
Can share failed recipes. Travel, path less taken. Unapologetically myself!"

Why would they do that?

I know that when I use voice activation for my lights and TV on Google Nest at home the bot talks back and will say "I'm honoured to serve" among other things if I say "thankyou".
I thank it and use "please" out of human convention because if I'm not polite to the AI I might also fall out of the habit of being polite when I deal with real humans.
I don't think I'm talking to a thinking creature so I don't need it to talk back about being honoured or apologise for getting things wrong. That's just creepy and uneeded. We don't need to pretend these helper programs and human in any way.

lothar
lothar
Posted at

Ai "art" has already taken over those crappy YouTube shorts of "5 crazy facts about hitler" and shit like that. It's really uncanny valley garbage. I hate it. It's only helpful in getting me angry enough to stop mindlessly scrolling though shorts.

Also, the ai is getting better at generating spam posts. I saw 3 here today all from a bot called Devon something.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

The clickbait videos with the AI narration are the absolute worst. Though there was one on supernatural topics that I swore was AI. Then she did a series with walking tours and surprise! It was a real person who must have taken some class on doing narration in the droning sing-song most AI uses. XD
Didn't help that she had the BBC accent.

Really scary that there's an older gentleman AI narrator that also has a video component that is so real that it's creepy. But the mouth doesn't quite synchronize and the expressions are just off enough to tell it's CGI and an AI voice program.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.