Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

So what about the aliens?

Posted at

So! As we all should be aware about now, lots of crazy stuff is happening in these times. You have climate change. Pandemics. Financial crisis. Superpowers invading countries. This whole AI thing going nuts. It's a weird time to be alive. So!? What about interdimensional aliens showing up anytime soon?

WHat do you guys think the aliens would be up to here on Earth? Would they invade us? Or spy on us? Or maybe see all of our problems and help us fix that maybe because they feel like it? Will we finally see an attack of the Robofemoids actually happen - hello Bravo, welcome;)

This is just a funny little spitball thing that I just felt like doing on a fly, trying to just have a laugh at the scary times - or exciting times depending on how you look at it - we're all in right now, you know. So what are your thoughts on the aliens coming over to visit us? Please, let me know.

lothar
lothar
Posted at

And I pray

OMG do I pray

I pray every single day

For alien invasion

Posted at

lothar wrote:
And I pray

OMG do I pray

I pray every single day

For alien invasion

Lothar, your prayers have been answered!!

“What’s Going On??” - 4NonBlondes

takoyama
takoyama
Posted at

Andreas_Helixfinger wrote:
So! As we all should be aware about now, lots of crazy stuff is happening in these times. You have climate change. Pandemics. Financial crisis. Superpowers invading countries. This whole AI thing going nuts. It's a weird time to be alive. So!? What about interdimensional aliens showing up anytime soon?

WHat do you guys think the aliens would be up to here on Earth? Would they invade us? Or spy on us? Or maybe see all of our problems and help us fix that maybe because they feel like it? Will we finally see an attack of the Robofemoids actually happen - hello Bravo, welcome;)

This is just a funny little spitball thing that I just felt like doing on a fly, trying to just have a laugh at the scary times - or exciting times depending on how you look at it - we're all in right now, you know. So what are your thoughts on the aliens coming over to visit us? Please, let me know.

All those things you mentioned seem sort of normal. we always have dealt with some kind of bad weather for years, the pandemic was new to some but to others around the world not that new, we have had bad inflation and depressions for years and plenty of wars around the world too. the big difference is coverage, we use to get informed by the evening news and papers but now we have more access. if aliens came they would just be another story for a year or two then just fit in.

Posted at

takoyama wrote:

All those things you mentioned seem sort of normal. we always have dealt with some kind of bad weather for years, the pandemic was new to some but to others around the world not that new, we have had bad inflation and depressions for years and plenty of wars around the world too. the big difference is coverage, we use to get informed by the evening news and papers but now we have more access. if aliens came they would just be another story for a year or two then just fit in.

Well, it is true I think from an historic perspective. The world has gone through climate changes and enviromental disasters in the past. We live on a planet that's made up of volcanos after all. We've seen pandemics worse then the Covid one. Wars indeed is nothing new. Nor is financial uphheavals. We've always had these mind blowing innovations that are dangerous i. e. the atomic bomb, or ones that a lot of people may have considered dangerous. Just take lamp posts for example.

When those became a thing people were protesting about them because they considered them just as another way for the ruling class to control the masses, not too dissimilar from how we look at security cameras and spyware being all over the place in modern times.

As for aliens, well, I saw this video of Sadghuru, the famous mystic from india, where he visited Lake Manasarovar in Tibet and speculated that this lake was, or still is, a gathering place for something of another dimension entirely. Maybe the aliens that originally created humanity or is trying to become humans themselves in order to enter our reality or perhaps even create a brand new humanity to populate the world.

Pretty exciting speculation I think, or at least the way it's presented^^ But one thing for sure, as you say, is that we do live in a time with more media coverage then ever before. A LOT of information. Possibly TOO much information, true or false, reaching us everyday,

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Silly people. Earth is under quarantine because Earth humans are a violent primitive and backwards species. We don't even have practical Interstellar space flight yet.
No invasions. Earth is a quarantined protectorate like some backwards child race under the British Empire in the 19th century.
Humans are the biggest joke in the galaxy. Earth is the very definition of primitive and backwards. Amywhere in the galaxy someone says something stupid they tell them they sound like an Earther.
We're lucky we aren't targeted for extermination.

Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
Silly people. Earth is under quarantine because Earth humans are a violent primitive and backwards species. We don't even have practical Interstellar space flight yet.
No invasions. Earth is a quarantined protectorate like some backwards child race under the British Empire in the 19th century.
Humans are the biggest joke in the galaxy. Earth is the very definition of primitive and backwards. Amywhere in the galaxy someone says something stupid they tell them they sound like an Earther.
We're lucky we aren't targeted for extermination.

I wonder if ancient civilizations like Atlantis were onto stuff like interstellar space travel. Maybe that's why the aliens had to sink it:P A Coverup sabotage like those that earth goverments will pull off from time to time in order to stay on top of the food chain:P

Posted at

As far as I've heard, chimpanzees engage in wars, cats and dolphins engage in acts of cruelty out of pleasure and we don't have to introduce humans of course. If it has anything to do with intelligence, we do not want any challengers to appear on that front. A virus or something on an asteroid is far more likely to exist (and wipe us out) than little green men waging secret wars on us. And no amount of information on how to solve our problems will make a difference as long as people in all the confusion and complicated lives they have fail to utilize it. We individually have access to more knowledge than we could ever possibly learn, we have the means to seek enlightenment, to save pets and the environment day and night, we have the means to not be dicks to each other time after time some stranger disagrees with us on the internet. But we also have preferences and emotional wiring. Engaging in fantasies about intergalactic encounters and such beats reality, so we do it. If it'd be our reality, we'd be in for a disappointment.

Posted at

InkyMoondrop wrote:
As far as I've heard, chimpanzees engage in wars, cats and dolphins engage in acts of cruelty out of pleasure and we don't have to introduce humans of course. If it has anything to do with intelligence, we do not want any challengers to appear on that front. A virus or something on an asteroid is far more likely to exist (and wipe us out) than little green men waging secret wars on us. And no amount of information on how to solve our problems will make a difference as long as people in all the confusion and complicated lives they have fail to utilize it. We individually have access to more knowledge than we could ever possibly learn, we have the means to seek enlightenment, to save pets and the environment day and night, we have the means to not be dicks to each other time after time some stranger disagrees with us on the internet. But we also have preferences and emotional wiring. Engaging in fantasies about intergalactic encounters and such beats reality, so we do it. If it'd be our reality, we'd be in for a disappointment.

Though, even if it is just temporary, reality can be wilder then fiction sometimes.

Posted at

I like studying about dinosaurs and the meteor containing iridium that hit the Yucatan peninsula and spelled out the dinosaurs demise.

I'll bet the aliens are here, and like the bathroom scene in The Shining, they have always been here.

Carl Sagan quoted David Hume in Cosmos, saying that, "comets were the reproductive cells–the eggs or sperm–of planetary systems, that planets are produced by a kind of interstellar sex."

That being the case, I am sure there have already been several space objects like the Voyager I and II shot up into space containing human reproductive cells with the hope that they will crash land on a moon or rogue planet with the hope of creating life elsewhere.

Posted at

kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
I like studying about dinosaurs and the meteor containing iridium that hit the Yucatan peninsula and spelled out the dinosaurs demise.

I'll bet the aliens are here, and like the bathroom scene in The Shining, they have always been here.

Carl Sagan quoted David Hume in Cosmos, saying that, "comets were the reproductive cells–the eggs or sperm–of planetary systems, that planets are produced by a kind of interstellar sex."

That being the case, I am sure there have already been several space objects like the Voyager I and II shot up into space containing human reproductive cells with the hope that they will crash land on a moon or rogue planet with the hope of creating life elsewhere.

Could be. Everything's going according to plan in that case.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
meteor containing iridium
The alien stuff is nonsense but iridium is so cool. It's one of the hardest,densest elements, and doesn't react with much, though when it does it makes very pretty coloured salts, hence its name. It's related to platinum, along with Osmium which is just as hard and dense but quite poisonousness.

Anyway, I would love an iridium piece of jewellery and must get one some day.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

kawaiidaigakusei wrote:

They found out that it really wasn't necessary. The bits necessary for life seem to arise and come together all by themselves given enough time.
The work is vast, fascinating and on going. Seems we just might have a handle on the formation of self replicating proteins.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.