Liaoriao
Liaoriao
Posted at

Hikaru nods and turns to the unit.
'Ok, it's time for the 'Which one is Hikaru-kun gaaame!'

'All you have to do is guess which one of us is Hikaru.'

'After all, we haven't even pointed out who of us is who as of yet.'

'We will give you one hour of thinking. Trust me, you will need that long.'

'Normally we would just let people guess and then frazzle their minds, but oh well, change is good.'

'Come back in and hour, we'll be waiting!'

Kaoru then walked up to Hikaru and they both stared at the unit as if motioning for him to leave.

Posted at

-honestly, where did you get these guys? some anime or somethin'?-

Unit 351: Kuh, Lord Mephiles, do you know?

Mephiles: That would be considered cheating. I may allow cheating in battles, but not in mind games. You'll have to figure it out on you're own.

Posted at

-Just so you know, Karde is half-vampire. That means he has most of the benefits of a vampire, with none of the weaknesses. Example: He can go out in the daylinght, but he can he killed normally. Also, he is 200 years old-

Karde watches from above in bat form.

Intesting, psychological fighters. He thinks. Haven't seen one of those for years. And now, here are two right in front of me. Hope they are better than the others I've seen.

Posted at

Mephiles: Interesting. Karde, not much escapes my notice. Get down here. You're next to show me your powers. UNIT 548!

-548 is another one that is used for showing off powers. And Karde sounds a lot like Blade from the movies.-

imshard
imshard
Posted at

Shard found it so troublesome when he had to report to base. It meant separating his team. Half always stayed behind at the sniper's roost in the field while the other half came with to help carry back supplies. He went in to the quartermaster's office.

He was surprised to see Rage there.

Rage: Why can't you give me my swords? What do you mean you need a requisition order they're MY SWORDS! The only reason they're here is cause they aren't allowed in armory!.
Thank you!

Rage stormed out with the swords in hand.

Shard set down the bag of name tags.
Shard: exchange time Tom, You having trouble with the officers?
Tom: Nah, I just like giving them a hard time keeps 'em honest. How many in here?
Shard: 89 footsoldiers, 16 officers. we labeled 'em according to who shot 'em as usual.
Tom: Hehehe you sure your pappy wasn't a butcher? Meh I'll just have to go through these later. The usual?
Shard: yes, oh could you add a medkit, and some RPG rounds? We used a few.
Tom: sure, oh and Blade wants to see you 'afore you go back out. He left a bit of special gear for you boys to take with. Somthin about a special assignment.
Shard: Shouldn't he just send the orders through normal channels?
Tom: You ignore the "Normal channels" he knew this was gonna be the only place you'd stop.
Shard: What a bother, I thought they gave me free reign to command as I –
Tom: you still got to respect the chain of command son.

Shard left shortly thereafter and aught up with Blade.

Posted at

Zeke: Mephiles… I have info on where the resistance is. Rage was more usefull than I thout. *hands him coredents*

At the same time.

Rage: @^#%@&$*# my swords… *almose walked in to shay* Oh hi.

Posted at

-His name is pronounced KAR-day-

Karde flys down and turns back to normal.

"Yes, my lord" Karde says.

He draws his sword and swings it in the air, producing a crimson wave of energy. The attack hits 548, leaving a blood stain where it hit.

Posted at

Zeke: don't come up from behind me, Karde. What do you want?

Posted at

-Shard, you may have missed it, but no replying for others-

Blood: Shard, it's good to see you. Shay brought us back a laser tank from Meph's troops. However, our scientists are working on the plans to produce those things for us. On the plus side, he also brought back a shitload of Laser weapons. We have a bunch of laser snipers for you.

Posted at

Rage: … you want to know how Zoro died? don't you.

Posted at

Blood: (hearing Rage now that Shard had been sent off) Even if he doesn't, I do. But not now. I sense we need to move this camp ASAP.

Blaze: (showing up from nowhere) As do I.

Shay: Well, whatever, but only because Blaze said it. I still don't trust you, Blood.

Blood: Of course not. Hardly anyone in this base trusts me.

Posted at

Rage: Why do we need to move?

At the same time a war battion is heading there way. It is led by Zeke.

Posted at

Blood: DON'T QUESTION OUR ORDERS! JUST DO IT! Ah, sorry Rage, it's just time we moved on. We still need to find a permanent place, one we can easily defend with minimal lose of troops.

Blaze: I agree with Blood.

At Mephiles' base…

Mephiles: That's enough with the demonstration. (static over the radio) Ah, our spy is in place. Hahaha. This is good. UNIT CK1! Prepare a feast, and get the best wine we have. We will dine to celebrate our impending victory!

-Unit CK1 is a cook.-

Mephiles goes over to his chair, sits, crosses his legs, and rests his head on his fist. Then he starts laughing.

Mephiles: Haha, Hahaha, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Posted at

Zeke: Very well sir. *turns off radio* Man I can't stand his laugh.

As Zeke says that a person is watching from the bushes.

Posted at

Several hours after leaving the camp…

Blood: It's perfect! This will be easily defendable!

Blaze: I agree. This will be our new base!

What they were looking at was the ruins of an old base from a previous war. Suddenly, a hedgehog/fox hybrid came running out and jumped up onto Blaze.

?: Lady Blaze! I thought you were dead! I had given up hope when I heard you were captured by Mephiles.

Blaze: Sonny! You're doing well?

Blood: Wait, Sonny? But, I've seen you're grave!

Sonny: (cowering in Blaze's arms) B-Blaze, what is Mephiles' second-in-command doing with you?

Blaze: It's alright Sonny, He's not Blade any longer. Blood, Sonny's grave is empty. It was a trick so Mephiles would stop going after him.

Posted at

????: It worked to…

Rage Who the Hell are…*Stops short* Lance?

Lance: Hey Master Rage, now then. I over herd somthing that was said to Zeke.

Posted at

Mephiles: (static over radio) Ah, good. Good work, agent. (over radio, to Zeke) Nakasa, they went due west of their last camp. They are at a base, but they are not anticipating an attack. Take them by surprise. Kill them all, Including Blood.

Posted at

Zeke: It's a day away.*to Mephiles* Troops. Move out!

at the base.

Lance: There is said to be a spy in your group.

Rage: What? Who?

Lance: I don't know.

Posted at

Shay: Obvious, ain't it? It's him (points at Blood).

Blood: What? I ain't a spy!

Blaze: (crying) Blood, how could you? Guards, t-take him to the holding cells.

Blood: Blaze, no! I'm not a spy! I'M NOT A SPY! NO!

Later that morning, as dawn broke, in the holding cells…

Shay: Haha, oh how the mighty have fallen, eh, Commander?

Blood: Co… (looking up) Commander? That's right, that's why your name sounded familiar! Mephiles' third in command, Shay Tompson, also known as Shay the Shapeshifter!

Shay: Nice to see you finally remember me, Commander! But since I have this body, noone will believe a traitor like you. I don't care if you give away my secret, you're being executed at noon for being a spy. About that time, Zeke will roll in with a nice, sizable army and finally wipe this pathetic resistance RIGHT OFF THE MAP! AHAHAHAHAHA! Good-bye forever, Commander!

Liaoriao
Liaoriao
Posted at

-In response to your question a while back, yes, Hikaru and Kaoru are from an anime. :p-

Hkaru leaned out from the shadows and moved his fave close to Mephiles' ear.
'Where is the unit you assigned to us? His time has been up for longer than expected and we cannot find him…'

Kaoru joined Hikaru, standing a foot or so away from Mephiles.
'Yes, brother and I have been searching… But he's no where to be found…'

Posted at

Mephiles: He may have gone with Zeke. (buzzing over the radio) Ah, Shay says they're believe the spy to be Blood and are going to execute him at noon. (over Radio, to Zeke) Hold you're attack until 12:30 P.M. That'll give em time to execute Blood for us. Haha, hahaha, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Posted at

Zeke: yes sir… *turns radio off* I want to destroy them now…

-I'm going to be gone for most of the day to day.-

Posted at

In the holding cells, 8:15 A.M…

Blaze: (still crying) I can't believe I trusted you. All this time, you were…

Blood: No, Blaze, listen to me! It's not me! It's Shay!

Blaze: (stunned, but still crying) What? Now you're blaming it on him? I know that it can't be him!

Blood: Blaze, Love, listen to me! I thought the name Shay sounded familiar when he said that was his new name! He's Shay the Shapeshifter, Meph's third in command!

Resistance Soldier: Blaze, come quick, Blood has destroyed our ammunition room!

Blaze: (looks at Blood suspiciously) What? When?

Resistance Soldier: About 5 minutes ago!

Blaze: Impossible, I've been with him for the last half hour!

Blood: Now do you believe me? And there's something worse! Shay was in here at dawn. He said, around noon, Zeke Nakasa was going to roll in with a sizable army, and "wipe this pathetic resistance off the map!"

Blaze: What?! I'm letting you out of there, Blood!

Blaze unlocked the cell doors and Blood came rushing out and hugged her. Blaze called an emergency meeting that was mandatory for the whole resistance in the base to attend. She stood up in the middle of the stage with Blood on her right side and Sonny on her left. Rage was up there on Blood's right.

Blaze: My fellow resistance! There is a traitor amongst us, but it is not Blood!

Soldiers: What? You fool! We saw Blood destroy the Ammo room!

Blaze: EVERYONE, SHUT UP! I was with Blood at the time that the ammunitions room exploded! The real traitor is Shay! He is none other than Shay the Shapeshifter, Mephiles' third in command! I…

Sonny: Watch out!

Sonny jumped in front of Blaze, and suddenly, his chest exploded into a blossom of crimson. He had been shot by someone in the crowd.

Blood: (running over to where Sonny is lying heaped on the floor) Sonny, No! Speak to me! Sonny!

Sonny: Ugh. (coughs up a fair amount of blood) I… don't think I'm… going to survive! Blood, I'm getting… cold. I'm sorry… that I doubted you. I… I'm scared… Am I going to… be alright?

Blood: (starting to cry) Sonny, you'll be fine. You'll live to be a thousand years old!

Sonny: (coughing up more blood) That's…. good to…. hear….

Sonny falls to the ground, all life extinguished out of him.

Blaze: Do you see now, people? Blood is not the traitor! Sonny gave his life for me, because Shay, who even now is impersonating one of you, knew that I could ruin his plans. The plans for the annihilation of the resistance! At Noon today, Zeke Nakasa will show up with a large enough force to seige this base! We must all get ready! Make use of what little weapons and ammunition we have! Shay brought us a blessing in disguise. Our scientists have created several laser tanks, and we have many laser weapons as well. These weapons of war NEED no ammo, and therefore, this impenatrable base will not fall!

Suddenly, more shots come from the crowd. however, this time they are blocked by Blood's psychic sheild, and are sent right back at the assassin. One bullet hits him in the arm, injuring him. He immediately ran for his life, escaping the resistance before he could be caught. As soon as he got out of the meeting hall, he shifted into Blaze's form and effectively escaped undetected.

Blaze: Now go, my friends, and prepare for war! We will avenge Sonny!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.