Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
marine
marine
Posted at

Whip-crack went his whippy tail!

Dan's been pretty prompt (and positive) to all of my e-mails and platinum seems really legit. Fingers crossed they pick me and my silly penis comics up.

Posted at

Adam, I would pay you for that picture. Seriously, thanks for the kind words, but you're ruining my rep as an evil corporate overload here. How am I going to strike fear into the hearts of the masses this way? :-)

Adam Black
Adam Black
Posted at

I would suggest slides from family vacations. Those always seem to elicit a reaction of stark terror.

Posted at

Don't worry, Dan…. I'll always sing the Platinum Dan song in such a way it insinuates corporate overlordship. Overlordliness.

I had no idea I was slinging mud, and I did retract my comments… I was never interested in slamming Platinum in particular… just telling folks to think before they sign is all. It's been a lively thread. All we needed was a KISS reference, and now we have that too!

Posted at

I would appreciate that. I would hate to have the only song ever written about me become invalid because people suddenly discovered I might not be evil incarnate. And I never thought you were slinging mud, either. People should know exactly what they're getting into before signing any contract with anyone. I said it once and I'll say it again, we're not for everyone and neither is the Comic Book Challenge. Anyway, it has been a lively conversation and one I've enjoyed immensely.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

Hey what's with the Comic Book Challenge video on the front page right now? Is that from last years?

marine
marine
Posted at

Hey what's with the Comic Book Challenge video on the front page right now? Is that from last years?

I used my detective skills (google) to find Drunk Duck's youtube page. A lot of the entrants from last year are on there, and the front page seems to cycle between them. Its amazing how shitty some people sell their comics. I'd go all out. I'm sure I can win them over with my high energy and charisma alone. Compared to some of the videos I saw, its like the worst looking nervous dork competition.

victoroil
victoroil
Posted at

Hello everyone, I am extremely new to the Drunk Duck world. Thanks to everyone involved for having me. I have made a submission to the comic book challenge and I have read a lot of your comments abou the competition. I am not sure how to think. I have begun a comic page here with your webcomic community which has the actual submission artwork. Unfortunately the sketch work I have posted Is HUGE. The comic is called Alliedand I would really like your opinions on some of my art and ideas. Thank you again for having me in Drunk Duck.

Posted at

The footage pictured in the video on the home page was from AFTER their pitches when we had somebody interviewing them about their experience during the pitch. A lot of them were in interview mode and not pitch mode, so please cut them a little slack. Most of them were just happy to have made it through the pitching session after WEEKS of leading up to a two minute pitch. It's not an easy thing to be in front of some industry superstars including the guy who created Witchblade and the lady who produced the Terminator, among others.

Adam Black
Adam Black
Posted at

All we needed was a KISS reference, and now we have that too!

Hell yeah. :)

djcoffman
djcoffman
Posted at

There was a lot of nervousness and a lot of waiting around too until your pitch time came. I got lucky and was third in line, but I know talking to other finalists you could see some nerves. Even for me, (I'm a giant dork!), pitching like this just isn't something you're use to doing as a cartoonist or comic creator, but now that I've done it, i think it's very helpful to know how to do it, and be ready to pitch your idea at a moments notice. You never know where you'll be in life or what opportunities might pop up out of the blue, so always be ready.

marine
marine
Posted at

The footage pictured in the video on the home page was from AFTER their pitches when we had somebody interviewing them about their experience during the pitch. A lot of them were in interview mode and not pitch mode, so please cut them a little slack. Most of them were just happy to have made it through the pitching session after WEEKS of leading up to a two minute pitch. It's not an easy thing to be in front of some industry superstars including the guy who created Witchblade and the lady who produced the Terminator, among others.

Where are the ACTUAL pitch videos? I'd much rather see THAT then some interview. The you tube videos are misleadingly labeled. I'd be willing to bet I'm not nervous at all and go in with my brass balls, take no shit attitude, and charismatic personality and get a comic book deal. Assuming I'm one of the chosen 50 finalists of course.

Also for those missing what I'm talking about, drunk ducks you tube page is over here at this link.

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

Some are interviews and some are pitches. You can tell the pitches because they are actually pitching their comic, and standing before a bunch of judges (sitting at a table).
The ones where Frederik has a microphone and is talking to them are the interviews.

The front page rotates so no doubt everyone is seeing a different video ;)

marine
marine
Posted at

Some are interviews and some are pitches. You can tell the pitches because they are actually pitching their comic, and standing before a bunch of judges (sitting at a table).
The ones where Frederik has a microphone and is talking to them are the interviews.

The front page rotates so no doubt everyone is seeing a different video ;)

Thats what I thought.

Here have some cake.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

Hey I have a question. These submissions can be sent through the net, right? What's the e-mail address to send them to?

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

This question is geared at Mister Coffman.

You used a prop in your pitch to a great effect, do you recommend doing so to other contributors? Secondly, my submission revolves around a magical book, so would it be advisable to make a recreation of that book to show in my pitch, or is it too much in comparison to a ring?

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

This question is geared at Mister Coffman.

You used a prop in your pitch to a great effect, do you recommend doing so to other contributors? Secondly, my submission revolves around a magical book, so would it be advisable to make a recreation of that book to show in my pitch, or is it too much in comparison to a ring?

All these questions and MORE, answered here.

marine
marine
Posted at

I got a question, why did they ask him if he had a magical ring if he would wear it? That seems completely out of nowhere and unnecessary.

djcoffman
djcoffman
Posted at

I didn't think so. I thought it was a valid question to see maybe where I stood personality wise or something.

As I said in the pitch tips page that Volte6 linked, be prepared for anything they might throw at you question wise pertaining to your project.

MrGranger
MrGranger
Posted at

If you do searches for PITCH on Youtube you'll find plenty from script pitches around the world. A great idea is to watch them to get ideas and see what does/does not work. I've been to many (worked Screenplay Expo) and sometimes you just sit back and think "What are they thinking!". And then I chuckle with my evil laugh.

I'm not a master at pitching, but pretty good at laughing. Still, I'm much better than I would have been after observing others. I got rid of my Viking cap very early on.

marine
marine
Posted at

I still feel that question had no merit. I can't seem to justify it in my head that someone would go all the way to a pitch and be asked something redundant. I can't figure it out.

Posted at

I still feel that question had no merit. I can't seem to justify it in my head that someone would go all the way to a pitch and be asked something redundant. I can't figure it out.

Well I don't think you have to worry about being asked the same question. :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.