Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

From what I've heard, they don't have venom but they do have something that's numbing. They also have jaws and can bite the far out of you.
No to the numbing stuff, it's a made up story. The jaws will give you a nasty bite if you antagonise the poor thing like that moron in the video should be getting. lol!

It think it's lovely looking ^_^ like a preying mantis or a dragon fly :)

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

"Power ends where fear begins"

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

No to the numbing stuff, it's a made up story. The jaws will give you a nasty bite if you antagonise the poor thing like that moron in the video should be getting. lol!

It think it's lovely looking ^_^ like a preying mantis or a dragon fly :)

Ah well. I had only heard it. Didn't know for sure. =P

Yeah, I have never put up a Youtube vid of a camel spider because most of them either have someone stupid talking or just have something cruel going on, like pitting it against another animal. Ugh.

No matter how ugly they are to me, I still feel rather bad seeing that.

Wow, you are all so mean to Sarah!
Snuh?

Sorry for getting this off-topic though. Back to the spazz-out fears.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

The "robots" that scared me were the blank faced mannequins that came to life in that old doctor who episode. NOT the stupid ones in the new seres, that wasn't scary at all, it wasn't supposed to be, it was deliberately camp and silly. No, but the original was scary to me… Jebus, most Who monsters were from Daleks, to mummies, to giant maggots…

Hey Ozone, you mean THESE? (In an episode called "Robots of Death"; the robots are called VocRobots…)

;)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Hey Ozone, you mean THESE? (In an episode called "Robots of Death"; the robots are called VocRobots…)
Ahahaha, nonono, not them, Baker was FANTASTIC there though! ^____^ <3

The mannequins were shop dummies with guns in their fingers…just ordinary shop window figures, which is what made the scary. I think it was when Pertwee was the doctor… Found it!

Eh, the masks there aren't the best ones in the ep, but the idea of something ordinary coming to life like that and just killing was scary o.O
Blank and relentless, not with a stupid over the top personality like hprrpr ventriloquist dummies or Chucky… Those are a little lame, these were just blank and deadly…

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

Ahahaha, nonono, not them, Baker was FANTASTIC there though! ^____^ <3

The mannequins were shop dummies with guns in their fingers…just ordinary shop window figures, which is what made the scary. I think it was when Pertwee was the doctor… Found it!

Eh, the masks there aren't the best ones in the ep, but the idea of something ordinary coming to life like that and just killing was scary o.O
Blank and relentless, not with a stupid over the top personality like hprrpr ventriloquist dummies or Chucky… Those are a little lame, these were just blank and deadly…

Oooo, that is kinda scary. Especially because they don't say anything, and the shots fired are not very loud.

Posted at

My brother is genuinely terrified of zombie invasion, he actually has blueprints and plans and maps covering one of his bedroom walls and judges nearly everything by how effective in a zombie crisis it would be.

>.> I have a zombie fear as well, not that bad and not so much a invasion fear, I guess. When I'm alone and I hear something that startles me I automatically think "OMG A ZOMBIE!!" …everytime…and not in a haha funny way but in a I really think a zombie is there for a second.

Also, I can't get into water that I can't see the bottom of…even if it is a pool. It used to be so bad that I couldn't have bath milk or bubbles in my bath water. And I used to have an issue with turning my back to the shower curtain/door. When I was a teen I'd start freaking out and crying if I did. Sometimes I have a panic attack when I turn in the shower but it's okay now >.>

I can't swim over pool drains…

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

I can't swim over pool drains…

Did you hear about the little kid who got their intestines sucked out by one of those?:

A six-year-old girl has been hospitalized after a horrifying accident at a swimming pool, when she sat on an open drain and a powerful suction pump tore out part of her intestinal tract. A surgeon told the family Wednesday that part of her intestines had been lost.

Abigail Taylor was severely injured Tuesday when she sat over an open drain hole in a wading pool at the Minneapolis Golf Club, according to a posting by her family on the Caring Bridge Web site.

The posting, which has since been taken down, said it is a "medical miracle" that Taylor is still alive.

Taylor is listed in serious condition at Children's Hospital in Minneapolis. Bob Bennett, an attorney representing the family, told the St. Paul Pioneer Press she was conscious and able to speak late Tuesday but that she faces a series of surgeries with uncertain results.

I'd link to the site I got this from, but it has a graphic picture. =/
…so yeah, can't really blame ya there. But I'm afraid of pools in general soo…XD.

Posted at

…O.O

thanks Sarah…now I'm totally terrified of pool drains.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

But I'm afraid of pools in general soo…XD.

What about the ocean?

I'm a little scared (even though I can swim) when sitting on the deck of a boat and seeing all the blue ocean. Same thing when I'm on a plane and all I see is the blue ocean.

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

I have two major phobias, heights and fast moving objects. I friggin HATE it when a car passes by me, or a bug instantly flys by, or when people try to clap their hands in your face. Also, I can't look down when I'm on a bridge or else I lose the ability to move.

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

Well, after just reading through this list and watching two vids to go with that last on the list, I can now honestly say I'm terrified of those bugs.
Especially the bot fly.

Somebody hold me. ;_;

Posted at

I was attacked pretty severely by bees when I was a kid…they swarmed me and I was like 5 or 6 and I just curled up on the ground because they were just stinging me all over. My mom ran out and got me but they wouldn't stop and chased us to the house and tried to get in to get me. I had to be taken to the hospital due to all the stings.

Oddly, I really don't have a fear of bees…

Jerusalem Crickets/Earth Babies freak me out

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

The sound of teeth biting metal. Like when someone is eating and they bite down all the way down on their fork and then DRAG it and it makes that sick grating noise that makes you want to hurl. The taste of the fork is gross too. Ugh! I am not fond of forks. Spoons are okay. but never forks…

Posted at

Flying insects. Flies not much so but bees, wasps, mosquitos and anything that flies but I don't know it = threat. Makes me panic if it flies near my face. I need to kill it or force it somehow out of my room.

Also hairy spiders. Last year my brother brought couple accidentally from the forest while picking mushrooms. One decided that my room would be perfect… It wasn't very huge, maybe 2cm wide, but it was big enough to make scraping noise on a piece of loose wallpaper in the corner. Freaked me out and made me run to the other corner, but I got myself around and killed it with a newspaper :D

Also, I'm scared if I read about ghosts or ufo at night.

Hmm… what else. Sort of fear of height, but not really. More like fear of falling. I can go on the balcony on the tallest floor of a skyscraper without any problem, as long as the barrier reaches to my waist or higher. But make it something shorter, something that won't stop you if you trip… and I'll be panicking at the thought of approaching the edge. Even if it's just two meters high.

Also, as irrational as it gets, I'm afraid my grandma or someone else from my family will die 2009. Dad died 1989, mom died 1999 (on the same day even but one month apart).

Eunice P
Eunice P
Posted at

I'd like to touch this little guy:

jagular
jagular
Posted at

i'm pretty sure i'm claustrophobic and bugs creep me out because i know i'll hear and/or feel it if i squish it. i'm also nervous in elevators. they might stop suddenly and crash to the floor with eerie elevator music still playing.
i also get freaked out when movies end and that black screen with text pops up. even if it's happy like "blank is currently residing in blank with his/her family"

Posted at

Jack Nicholson.

Fo' serious. He creeps me out so much it's bizarre. o.O Damn me for watching The Shining while sick with fever - I couldn't even finish watching the movie, that's how creepy he is. I can make it through The Departed by the skin of my teeth, but otherwise I avoid him like the plague.

Also, vertigo. It's not so much the falling as the hitting-the-ground-and-cracking-my-head-open that scares me - however, I don't feel that's very irrational. Slipping and falling when standing close to a high ledge, well, that's reasonable to be a little scared of.

But Jack Nicholson? That's just crazy. And yet I can't stop.

Posted at

that is a gorgeous spider!

<–wants to pet the spider

Marguati
Marguati
Posted at

I'm scared of big, heavy revolving doors. It's not like I can't stand them, but I'm always afraid someone could push it, crushing me between the wall and the rotating panels while I'm going through, so I just slip past the entrance as fast as I can. Same thing with that sort of 'rotating capsule door' thing you find in a lot of banks (no clue about how you call it)

rabidmochi
rabidmochi
Posted at

Furries.

Just thinking about yiff makes my stomach feeling queasy, my eyes start seeing rainbow specks everywhere, my head feeling dizzy, and makes me want to faint.

Kalos
Kalos
Posted at

Large windows.

When I was little, I was on the second deck of a double-decker bus and we passed through some unexpected, rough weather. All the windows blew in and most of the passengers had to be rushed to the hospital. I just had minor scrapes, but I convinced myself that I had seen the glass start to bend inward and have always kind of felt guilty for not, you know, warning anyone I guess? I was probably seven at the time.

Anyway, it's gotten better over time, but for a while I wasn't able to be in a room with a window that wasn't, like, separated into smaller panes. Now, I just won't sit near them if I can avoid it (unless it's storming–then I will avoid it). I also don't do window seats on buses.

I also have this developing fear of spiders, which was caused by spending two weeks in military barracks that were infested with brown recluse spiders. I woke up one morning with a spider bite and freaked out. It turned out not to be from a brown recluse (thankfully), but I was sufficiently scared out of my mind.

rabidmochi
rabidmochi
Posted at

Large windows.

When I was little, I was on the second deck of a double-decker bus and we passed through some unexpected, rough weather. All the windows blew in and most of the passengers had to be rushed to the hospital. I just had minor scrapes, but I convinced myself that I had seen the glass start to bend inward and have always kind of felt guilty for not, you know, warning anyone I guess? I was probably seven at the time.

Anyway, it's gotten better over time, but for a while I wasn't able to be in a room with a window that wasn't, like, separated into smaller panes. Now, I just won't sit near them if I can avoid it (unless it's storming–then I will avoid it). I also don't do window seats on buses.

I also have this developing fear of spiders, which was caused by spending two weeks in military barracks that were infested with brown recluse spiders. I woke up one morning with a spider bite and freaked out. It turned out not to be from a brown recluse (thankfully), but I was sufficiently scared out of my mind.

Wow, what a traumatic experience you had there.
Hope things get better for you.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.