Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
crocty
crocty
Posted at

Weeeeell, Midge's community comic about fears has stuffs.

But, I do have a fear of looking at dangerous sharks of any sea creature with a big open mouth.
It's the fact that if I'm eaten by them I would be trapped, and if I don't die of the bites, and loss of blood, the lack of oxygen and stomach acid would most likely kill me.
It's quite irrational as I'm afraid of sharks that don't even eat humans, and never would.
And whenever I look at a picture of a shark, mouth open or not, I start having an asthma attack.
:(

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I had a friend in high school who was completely freaked out/disgusted by hairs. Not just hairs in food – any hairs that were not directly attached to a head. This included her own hair! I once saw her run her hand through her hair and then saw a loose hair on her hand and completely freaked out.

jgib99
jgib99
Posted at

Like the guy who started this subject. I have a serious phobia of cockroaches. One of the apartments I used to live in as a kid was infested with the damn things. It was so bad, we had roaches that would literally jump from the ceiling and into your drink (NOT lying). Thankfully, we left that place soon after. But my skin still crawls every time I see a cockroach.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I have a fear of guys with the last name of Bill. Every payday I have to go see them and give them some of my earnings. If I don't, Mister Bill will take things from me. What I fear most of all is when they decide to come for a visit to make me pay them…

And soon I have to worry about Mister Tax Bill… O_O

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

My brother is genuinely terrified of zombie invasion, he actually has blueprints and plans and maps covering one of his bedroom walls and judges nearly everything by how effective in a zombie crisis it would be.
Can I LOL?

That reminds me, my sister is terrified of zombies and the idea of a zombie invasion as well. She uh, doesn't have blueprints or anything and she actually loves to watch zombie movies all the time…but if you walk at her like a zombie, she will go into panic mode. Hell walking in an abnormal, monstrous way torwards her, no matter how obvious it is that you are joking around, will send her into panic mode. XD

What would be a name for "strange walk" phobia?

Posted at

i'll be the third person in this thread with an intense fear of cockroaches. i've seen a lot of them in my house throughout the years… in my closet, on my chair, in the sink, the bathtub, kitchen floor… i also drown them in cockroach kill spray. and if i have to handle them to dispose them or something, i actually start to cry. that would be my personal hell - alone in a small grubby room with thousands of cockroaches…

Dan
Dan
Posted at

Spiders take my cake. They're fast, they're eight-legged, and they look extremely repulsive. Just an image inside my head gives me the chills. I used to have a problem with them back at Canada but I haven't seen any since I moved into America. Now we got cockroach problems.

Quite frankly, I'm not as afraid of them and can go as far as touching their antennae. Regardless, I still get freaked out by both of them. One time when I was sleeping I felt something crawling on my face and as I twitched it jumped and quickly scuttled away… it was so dark that I couldn't see, but it sounded like a cockroach. It took me around 6 minutes go back to sleep that night…

Lastly I'm afriad of loud noises rapidly getting closer where I can't determine where it's coming from.

Haha, I've got this one. It's not really a fear though, more like a visceral disgust. Any organic-looking clusters of holes (the smaller they are the worse it is)
Oh dear lord, I have that too.

Posted at

Spiders take my cake. Quite frankly, I'm not as afraid of them and can go as far as touching their antennae.

Those aren't antennae, those are what they use to implant eggs in your fingertips.

Posted at

Spiders take my cake. Quite frankly, I'm not as afraid of them and can go as far as touching their antennae.

Those aren't antennae, those are what they use to implant eggs in your fingertips.
Wrong, that's what they use to burrow holes to crawl around under your skin.

Paper_Cut
Paper_Cut
Posted at

Cockroaches are cute as kittens compared to what we have in our basement (and sometimes our shower o.0).
Oh dear god, that must be horrible!

I thought my brother having a millipede as a pet was disgusting enough…

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Cockroaches are cute as kittens compared to what we have in our basement (and sometimes our shower o.0).

We freaked out when we first saw one. Still gives me the willies, but I'm a biologist. I looked it up and found out they eat spiders, silverfish, and termites, so we don't kill them. (We just don't go into the basement…)

My last apartment had cave crickets. (They are enormous. And I have no idea what they were doing in the middle of the city.)

Posted at

AHHH AHHH AHHH!!

In your shower? ;_;
I'm terrible with cockroaches. To think that as a kid I would decapitate them and watch them squirm around headless. I was brave as a child. O__O

I'm not sure why everyone is afraid of zombies now….is this a new thing? Has there been a scientific breakthrough about zombies that I'm not aware of?
…Should I be afraid? O__O

Paper_Cut
Paper_Cut
Posted at

We freaked out when we first saw one. Still gives me the willies, but I'm a biologist. I looked it up and found out they eat spiders, silverfish, and termites, so we don't kill them. (We just don't go into the basement…)

My last apartment had cave crickets. (They are enormous. And I have no idea what they were doing in the middle of the city.)
We don't get anything like that here in Japan, it's all just horse flies, botflies and some rather large spiders.

'Course there's the occasional cockroach but they aren't too common… depends on how much you clean your house.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

funny, with all the fears posted in this thread…some may want to do a page for a certain community project. *cough*

Fenn
Fenn
Posted at

funny, with all the fears posted in this thread…some may want to do a page for a certain community project. *cough*
You'd think so, but I have an irrational fear of community projects. ;)

And public speaking. I had to speak at my graduation, and I damn near hyperventilated. I also had to give a speech as best man at my buddy's wedding, and I had to get good and hammered before I could do it. Made for a weird speech. One of my worst nightmares is just to have a huge crowd of people turn and look at me. Just typing that is giving me chills.

I'm not alone, though. Apparently fear of public speaking is more common than even fear of death.

Posted at

You'd think so, but I have an irrational fear of community projects. ;)

And public speaking. I had to speak at my graduation, and I damn near hyperventilated. I also had to give a speech as best man at my buddy's wedding, and I had to get good and hammered before I could do it. Made for a weird speech. One of my worst nightmares is just to have a huge crowd of people turn and look at me. Just typing that is giving me chills.

I'm not alone, though. Apparently fear of public speaking is more common than even fear of death.
Stage fright!

Happens to nearly everyone at least once:P

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

…Am I the only one who is afraid of robots?

It all started when I was a kid, when I was watching Superman III, and the supercomputer turned that woman into a robot….scared the crap out of me as a kid; watching it now kind of gives me the willies….

…Something about the whole idea that computers can be so intelligent that they can have their own mind and be dangerous, unstoppable killing machines. Like cylons and stuff.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

The "robots" that scared me were the blank faced mannequins that came to life in that old doctor who episode. NOT the stupid ones in the new seres, that wasn't scary at all, it wasn't supposed to be, it was deliberately camp and silly. No, but the original was scary to me… Jebus, most Who monsters were from Daleks, to mummies, to giant maggots…

That thing is quite beautiful and very cute! I have nightmares occasionally with these things in them…

Bad pics but my cam isn't that great with close focus… It looks like some kind of armoured, burrowing cricket. They probably live on rotten detritus like cockroaches, but they still give me the willies… They're big, dark, sinister and fast…
———————————————–

Wha, I'm smart, it is a cricket, a Mole Cricket! :)

mlai
mlai
Posted at

The house centipede is fast and smart, but the cockroach is faster and smarter. And can fly.

I used to be afraid of spiders. But after catching all kinds/sizes of spiders and keeping (and feeding) them in my room for half a semester for my Animal Behavior class, I got over it.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I'm scared of the New World Order

Posted at

I'm scared of the New World Order

I'm afraid that people like Kyupol seriously believe that crap.

Posted at

Doctor Who monsters.

Yeah, the old Cyberman still have me hiding behind cushsions, bastards were unstoppable. The new ones are pansies though, you can kill them just by looking at them.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.