Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Bee's, freaking bee's scare the living crap out of me.

i've never even been stung. but I completely freeze and I start wheezing. They scare me like no tommorow.

CZweig
CZweig
Posted at

I am terrified of nipples. Nipples and eyeball tattoos. Yes really.

And spiders and driving, but those aren't particularly irrational.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

I am afraid of sheep

mlai
mlai
Posted at

But… bees are so fuzzy and kyuuuuuuuuuuute!

Wasps, well, those I spray, smash, and step on.

Doplegager
Doplegager
Posted at

We freaked out when we first saw one. Still gives me the willies, but I'm a biologist. I looked it up and found out they eat spiders, silverfish, and termites, so we don't kill them. (We just don't go into the basement…)

My last apartment had cave crickets. (They are enormous. And I have no idea what they were doing in the middle of the city.)
My last hosue had cave crickets too. The first few I found were dead, but they scared the bejeezus out of me. They looked like some kind of alien, or like they were out of the Matrix series. I eventually figured out that they weren't going to use my body as a host, and that there were a bunch of them in the cellar. After awhile, they were almost cute.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i'm afraid of clowns….not just creeped out….i havent been to the circus in years. and i'm afraid to go to some parades, cause they sometimes have clowns…

lately i've been nearly panicing over flying. my job involves flying quite frequently, and i've just been getting more and more freaked out. I've been doing my job for two years now, and before that, i was in college to be a pilot…(i'm not a pilot now)….but it's strange, it just started happening recently, and i have no idea what happened….

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

The house centipede is fast and smart, but the cockroach is faster and smarter. And can fly.

I used to be afraid of spiders. But after catching all kinds/sizes of spiders and keeping (and feeding) them in my room for half a semester for my Animal Behavior class, I got over it.

I'm also afraid of silverfish. Those suckers can crawl like lightning….

Amd I also have a terrible fear of bugs being in my sheets. If I have a creepy-crawly feeling on my legs or arms, I'll throw the sheets off me, and jump out of bed and inspect myself and the sheets to make sure there aren't any bugs around. …One time there was a bug crawling up my leg while I was drifting off to sleep during ladybug season and it scared the crap out of me. Guess it just wanted a warm place to sleep for the night.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Oh yeah, one of my friends is afraid of green flies.
We climbed up a tree once and we were covered in them, and he started freaking out.
It was rather humorous.

SnakeByte
SnakeByte
Posted at

I have a problem when I'm working and I'm so focused on what I'm working on that when someone touch me I flip out (As in fall out of my chair after I yell).

I also have a problem when I'm on the Net and people read over my shoulder.
ITS PLAIN ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted at

H

E

I

G AAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

H

T

S

!

!

!

!

!

My fear is as irrational as they come! My case of acrophobia is so severe that if I dare to look down while crossing a pedestrian bridge, the dizzy height will paralyze me, and I'd be praying that I'll make it to the other side somehow soon! Ironically, I feel safer dodging speeding motor vehicles instead of walking on those unbearably high structures!

You know how a character in a movie or TV show (yes, even an animated one!) would be doing something (like running) on the edge of the roof of a tall building (which in some cases is under construction)? And it would look like he's very like to fall to his death if he makes a single misstep? I would watch and shudder with dread as if it were me in the character's place!

Even a picture–whether it's taken by a photographer or drawn by an artist–that looks like it was taken or drawn from the top of a skyscraper is enough to unnerve me if I look at it for too long. That being said, I've been living on the third floor of a five-story apartment building for more than 15 years, and even though the height hardly affects me now as it did the day I moved in, deep down inside, I sometimes don't know how much more of it I could take…

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

Here's one bug I think everyone should have a phobia of.
CAMEL SPIDER! (Sorry none of links I used were working for some reason…wasn't even direct-linking them….might add a pic later.)

For the love of god, I hope one of the troops in Iraq don't bring some of these ugly bastards to the US and let them loose.

kyupol
kyupol
Posted at

CAMEL SPIDER! (Sorry none of links I used were working for some reason…wasn't even direct-linking them….might add a pic later.)

For the love of god, I hope one of the troops in Iraq don't bring some of these ugly bastards to the US and let them loose.

OMG thats the spider from hell.

I've let spiders crawl up my neck. The spiders in the Philippines that are common in spider fights. :) But this camel spider I'm not even touching that. SHIT!

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

Call me CRAZY AND STRANGE, but I SO want a camel spider as a pet. Despite the fact that it'd give me nightmares and probably eat me in my sleep upon a clever escape from its very tightly sealed glass prison, I want one.

As for fears, I'm afraid of walking on grates. Y'know, like sidewalk grates? Every time I step on one, I feel like the grate's gonna break under me and I'll fall through… Of course, I then proceed to jump on it a few times to prove to myself that all is fine, while at the same time thinking something along the lines of "WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING I AM GOING TO FALL THROUGH AAAAAGH"

Yup.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

As for fears, I'm afraid of walking on grates. Y'know, like sidewalk grates? Every time I step on one, I feel like the grate's gonna break under me and I'll fall through…
I feel like that too! I hate walking on grates.

Also, when a big truck drives past while I'm walking, I can't shake the felling/fear that it will fall over sideways and crush me. I don't know why.

Posted at

Falling objects.
Who knows when some object from space will fall on your head and kill you…

Like that satellite that was destroyed a while ago?

Posted at

I once knew a person that had a serious irrational fear of mushrooms. Whenever anyone said 'mushrooms', she would instantly start flipping out, almost crying. I have no idea why.

Posted at

OMG thats the spider from hell.

I've let spiders crawl up my neck. The spiders in the Philippines that are common in spider fights. :) But this camel spider I'm not even touching that. SHIT!

XD I thought that guy was holding a lobster for a couple of seconds. XDXD
For some reason, I find spiders more terrifying when they are tiny.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

good god, those camel spiders are incredibly scary. If I ever see one of those in real life, I would really freak out. ….And then hire a robot to kill it. …Wait….

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

But this camel spider I'm not even touching that. SHIT!
Eh, it's a joke…

Note it has 10 legs? ..they're not actually legs, but even so…
It's not even a spider: It's some kind of harmless variant, like scorpions, but without any venom.
They're not even that huge, just an average big size. lol!

The scariest things about these fake spiders are their strange pointy heads and fast speed… So, much like any other strange bug really.

They're about as scary as a roach I'd say, due to the speed. The look of them makes them a bit less so though, they're pretty, not gross like roaches. :)

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

It's not even a spider: It's some kind of harmless scorpion variant, without venom.
Gotta love camera tricks with perspective. ;)

Big critters are not as scary as tiny critters in massive numbers (or with strong venom), imo. A tarantula does not frighten me as much as a brown recluse or a swarm of bees.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That's true :(
When I was little and camping, sleeping rough in the outback with my family, I was over-run by thousands of stink beetles.

They were BEAUTIFUL, there were two kinds: pure shiny gold, and shiny metallic green! We'd noticed them earlier, all heading for the lights of the nearby road house in glittering swarms.

I was so tired because it was late and the road trains had kept me up for ages (damn noisy things), but I was startled awake again by a tickling on my face…
I brushed it off quickly and it unleashed a disgusting stink right up my nose!!! Suddenly these things were all around me… I rubbed and rubbed at my face to get rid of the stink and hid down inside my stifling hot sleeping bag, hoping they'd all just leave me alone. :(

No one else seemed to be in their path except me…

amanda
amanda
Posted at

No one else seemed to be in their path except me…
They *loved* you - they wanted to be your Valentines.

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

But this camel spider I'm not even touching that. SHIT!
Eh, it's a joke…

Note it has 10 legs? ..they're not actually legs, but even so…
It's not even a spider: It's some kind of harmless variant, like scorpions, but without any venom.

The scariest things about these fake spiders are their strange pointy heads and fast speed… So, much like any other strange bug really.

They're about as scary as a roach I'd say, due to the speed. The look of them makes them a bit less so though, they're pretty, not gross like roaches. :)
PRETTY?! XD

Yeah I know they're not spiders….aren't they…scorpions? Still ugly as f@#$ though I think. XD I personally would take roaches over them.
-EDIT, duh, you said it was a scorpion. ._.;; I need to read things more thorough.

From what I've heard, they don't have venom but they do have something that's numbing. They also have jaws and can bite the far out of you.

I've seen video of them. They have mouths that open up wide when they want to bite, like a snake. MOUTHS. Gaaggghh.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Wow, you are all so mean to Sarah!
And lastcall, that video is cruel :(
Also, my mother's afraid of seeing walking severed hands of gloves.
Odd…
Lol this makes me breath heavy

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.