Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Comment on the Art Belonging to the Person Above You!!

Posted at

so the rules are to comment about the art piece of the previous poster. and then post your own art work (kind of like the other topic on the comic subforum)

so here goes, ill start:

Posted at

so the rules are to comment about the art piece of the previous poster. and then post your own art work (kind of like the other topic on the comic subforum)

so here goes, ill start:

Nice wolverine! A lot of emotion on the face, and the muscles have a good sense of volume.
however, when I glance at it quickly, it looks like he has a barbie-doll waist; it's because of the light line here:

—————————-
here's a watercolor I did not long ago. (11x17)

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

ive never seen art from eityher of you two, good stuff so far!

kristen i really like that piece, especially the rendering of the dogs fur and face…great depth! however, I feel that the two different objects in your pic contrast and clash rather than working together as a cohesive unit…the colors on the persons face do not go with the dog at all. maybe some highlight of color on the dog would make it seem more "together" cuz right now it looks seperate. hope that helps! :)

and heres something from me =\

alexcat321
alexcat321
Posted at

This is all great stuff we have going here. I love wolvy and the amount of shading put into it, and that water color is pretty well done. I just love the style you have too kristen, your art reminds me of the art from the steam boy and akira animes. The Dr.Doom piece is awesomely drawn as well. Nice proportions and I just like the overall style. Now here's a work of mine that I did based off marvel chars. too…it's not much of my best work though…

YAY!

Posted at

woot! keep the trhead going guys. thanks for the comments!

I like the energy of the piece^
I especially like the iron man taking off
Captain America looks like a teenager in this one ^_^

here's a noirish scene

zaymac
zaymac
Posted at

Wow all of these are good so far.

Hmmm… I wonder what caused that sexy chic to put a bullet in his brain. I like it.
Nice Wolverine pic as well Sub. I take it that was before Wolverine joined Broadway. :D

@Nickguy cool pic of Dr. Doom, I really like the thickness of your linework. It really makes the picture pop. Kind of has a Kirbyesque look to it.

@Kristen I admire anyone who can do watercolors. I can't produce anything with that stuff.

@alex It looks like the Teen Avengers! :)

I'm pretty sure Dave Thomas is rolling over in his grave because of this one.

Posted at

lol
so wrong in many ways. i def like the tattoo on her leg and the sparkles in her shoes. i like the color smoothness of the skin, but maybe tone down the bg to make her red hair pop out a bit more.

a sultry face

Posted at

It's really cool. I love the messyness of it. It makes it so cool. The colours and textures of it look amazing too. All in all it's just really cool.

Posted at

i like the looseness of your style. it has that rough texture through out. the gradation is also cool.

solve the murder see the clues

lba
lba
Posted at

Dig the detail and the atmosphere. I'm a big fan of using muted colours to darken things down rather than just using blacks.

This one isn't quite done yet, but I thought I'd share since I like it so much.

lba
lba
Posted at

Jeez, I think I killed the thread. That's kind of disappointing.

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

You didnt kill it! I like whatever it is, but I want to see a finished version cause right now all I see are basic thingythings.

Here's mine:

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Here's mine:
Cool, reminds me of a royal card, as well as being freaky and mutated. Nice radial symmetry and the colourong has a nice contrast and watercolourish effect. :)

—-
I find that when I take a break from drawing sometimes, my style takes interesting new turns… I'm always interested in how Pinky will look the net time I draw her:

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

ZOMG EYES!

i really like that flip image, worstcase! its pleasing on the eyes :)

i almost never draw anything not KFK related anymore…heres a figure sketch

Posted at

Right, so… I like the changing line weight a lot I think the right shoulder/upper back could use some more details (the lone shoulderblade on left looks slightly weird) but over all it looks good.

- - - - -

This one was made yesterday, too me somewhere between 90-120 minutes.

I'll have to do a short comic in this art style someday (got a couple of 48-52 page long concepts).

SarahN
SarahN
Posted at

That's very…different, and very cool! I like how the 'pigs' are literally pigs… I'd like to have seen that fight. XD
Very nice coloring there.
___

I don't have much new stuff to show, but a lot of people liked this simple pic at Deviantart…sorry about Topaz's (the light-haired guy) weird arms though. -

Freegurt
Freegurt
Posted at

I really like the positioning of the two characters and the all around softness of the picture. ;) Topazs' shirt reminds me of an 80's style motorcycle gangster. And that makes him automatically made of win.

~~

Heheheh, this picture was a project for my brother's geography packet thing. The theme was Africa and what had to be done was draw something that pertained to the continent (that also included it). The teacher liked it quite a bit, hur hurr.

Posted at

I like the front two giraffe's heads, I think it is the dark in the middle of their heads that really make them look good. And I like how you blurred the background giraffe although at first glance I didn't think it looked great.

This I did at school and I think I will do a series of this scene with the spacemen springing the ambush on the aliens. Being a landscape shot it got smaller in the thread, here is the direct link
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/ParkerFarker/coollandscape.jpg

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

ParkerFarker: There are some cool ideas in here, but there is a point where sketchy pencil lines and lined notebook paper really aren't going to help you get your ideas across. Get some unlined paper, and put something up here that really looks "finished"

Here are two quick little things i did WAY back. WAAAAAY BACK:

I put the blue one on a tshirt, it came out rather nice :)

Posted at

worstcase: I like the idea behind the designs but the colors seem too flat and doesn't fit with the line art very well. I think for the second picture, it works better without the blurry dots.

Here's a picture I did in 2008:

Posted at

haha threeeyes once I acctually noticed the nike advertising I couldn't help but smile. Really cool stuff, I'd maybe extend the crop a bit upwards and shove him further into the bottom left corner though, it feels a bit floating.

heres mine.

Posted at

I like the paper texture, not sure if that's digital or not, but still. It's also very simplistic, but nice. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that Wolverine? Nevertheless, great work, as always.

Just finished, took maybe like…an hour and a half total?
Only used a Pilot Precise V5.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.