Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Compliment the Comic Belonging to the Person Above You!!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

E24601 has a really cool sinister evil tower AND an excellent over sized robot arm on the main chick!

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

You have a very deep and visually interesting comic going on! Using traditional media makes the art a real treat, and you definitely have a way with paints (for the paint-challenged like me, it is simply amazing to see). I think it's the subject matter that makes The Optimist stand out even more. With so many fantasy or future-based stories flooding modern media, both amateur and professional, it's really neat to see a deep story set in the real world, and it's not even in the modern, western, "free" world. I can tell you did a lot of research and are very interested in your subject matter, and that makes readers interested too – and we get to learn stuff!

Net
Net
Posted at

Sigh.

Damn you, Drunk Duck.

Used Books looks great. First few pages I've looked into it, and I can already tell…

I'm going to waste yet ANOTHER productive day at work chewing through a full archive.

*shakes fist in mock anger* God, this one's a long one too. *puts on his bib and dives in to eat*

Layout looks sweet as hell too. Might have to pick your brain at some point on how to make webpages actually *WORK* correctly on the Duck… I never had any luck with TTG's website here.

>Net

Posted at

Tales is an excellent comic, I really love the story and the black and white art is totally killer.

Posted at

As always, the artwork and dialogue in Chronicles never ceases to amaze. Very authentic and fun. Love the gray scale style.

###

@$$hole!: Rejected!

Posted at

First off, the storytelling is very sharp. Panel transitions are crisp and the characters fill the panels rather than merely occupy them.

The artwork reminds me a little of Jim Mahfood, although elements of Japanese artists such as Katsuhiro Ottomo and Goseki Kojima. Overall, however, the work is very distinctive. My favorite artists always have immediately recognizable visual styles and I generally like to see that whenever I read a comic book.

The graytones are very effective, and they also do their job without masking the fine economy of line. I look at all the acute pen strokes on the figure's hair and I can plainly see that this is a guy who labors over his work with great passion and dedication.

It also says something about the quality of the story when I find myself interested in reading it despite the genre. I think there's a bit of a glut of "wandering ronin" and "a ragtag fellowship embarking on an arduous journey" type of stories on this site. The fact that this puts a decent angle on some heavily worked story conventions is saying quite a bit.

Net
Net
Posted at

LOL… *IS* there a pamphlet for proper Spider God etiquette? Hehee… I needed a good laugh. :)

I'm adding this one to my "need to read" file, which is slowly but surely getting filled to bursting.

>Net

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Time to cut the crap and get on down to some good old fashioned dungeon crawlin' adventuring, old school style!

Fortunately Tales of the Traveling Gnome helps scratch this particular fantasy adventure itch!

A aging gnome recounts his younger days, which were mostly spent casting magic spells, helping conveniently topless barbarian babes and fighting glass golloms then you can shake a magic imp at!

Great stuff!
What are you still doing here?
Stop reading this and go read that!

Freegurt
Freegurt
Posted at

HOLY CRAP YOUR COLOURING SKILLS ARE OF THE GODS. I'm sure a lot of people have told you this, but really, that comic is brilliantly coloured and set up.

I really like the story, too. It's a good comic, man!

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Wow, Freegurt - this is a really cool start to your comic! I like the character designs and the way you draw hands. Plus, that burger grease was VILE. XD I have a new fave!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Oooh, a photo comic!
You can tell that they have a LOT of fun making this!
I'm rather keen on Eddie the bike cop.
He can deal with the suspicious AND the delicious!
Though how does he carry that electric chair around on his bike? Hmmmmm…..

SomaX
SomaX
Posted at

Normally, I like my comics with a bit more…well colour (though that would make me a bit of a hypocrite, based on recent style changes). But, you pull of the whole noir thing quite well. And your layouts are pretty. ^_^

Net
Net
Posted at

Why haven't I read faust yet? The artwork is solid, the story looks great so far, and now I've got something to kill my afternoon.

And to kill YOUR afternoon, you person reading this comment, you. Go, now, read.

>Net

Edit: Oh, and your avatar is hilarious. :D

Posted at

'Tales of the Traveling Gnome' has some great artwork and an interesting story

amanda
amanda
Posted at

This is my first introduction to Gothenreich. A great first impression! I like the sketchiness, and the character designs are very cool. Skull epaulets for the win! I'll have to go through your archives and catch up on the story now.

SomaX
SomaX
Posted at

I think my favourite part of Salt the Holly is flipping through the archives to see how much the art has improved in the last 6 or so months.
Plus, the addition of colour has really made it pop.

Freegurt
Freegurt
Posted at

I really like the characters in it. Also, you've greatly improved in your artistic skills from the beginning of the comic to now.

Good job!

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I love how crisp your art is. I'm a fan of sharp shadows, and you have really mastered fine detail. Your work looks finished and precise. Your most recent page has the coolest facial expressions, even on the, um, faceless guy.

Freegurt
Freegurt
Posted at

I love your Gelotology comic. The humor in it is really unique when it comes to nerd humor, haha. I also like the art style that you used for it. It really all goes together very nicely.

Posted at

I don't think I've ever read a comic about a villain before he was a villain…but the fact that he's wearing a (ninja?) mask at the beginning even as a normal guy is hilarious. Doug N Exile is well-drawn, cartoony yet not quite cartoony…I absolutely love it.

Posted at

that woman's sleeves are so cool, and I like the shadows too, the little ones that shouldn't really be shadows but are, they're cool too.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.